Gatlinburg Tennessee Wildfires, 3 Dead (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

D.N.R.

Medication time
God damn it :(
http://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/...-daughters-still-missing-after-fire/94891978/

GATLINBURG - A missing woman and her two daughters have been identified by family as three more victims of this week's deadly wildfire.

Constance Reed, who had been missing with her two daughters since a wind-whipped firestorm erupted Monday in Sevier County and swept through town, died in that fire, the Rev. Philip Morris, the family's pastor, said at a news conference at the Parkway Church of God.

Reed, as well as daughters Chloe Reed, 12, and Lily Reed, 9, had been missing from their Chalet Village home since the fire burst across the city limits Monday night. Chalet Village is on the far west side of Gatlinburg off Ski Mountain Road.

Reed's father-in-law, Grant Reed, posted Saturday on Facebook that Chloe and Lily had been found dead as well.

"With profound sadness that is now a part of my soul I am sorry to share the passing of Constance, Chloe and Lily," he wrote. "Please continue to pray for my son Michael and his son Nichols."

Authorities haven't publicly identified any of the three among the dead, but Morris said Sevier County Sheriff's Office deputies had informed the family of the mother's death.

"Our hearts are broken to receive this news," Morris said. "We ask for everyone to continue in prayer for this family."

The three were at home when the fire struck Monday night. Michael Reed and his son, were away from the home but in Gatlinburg at the time. They were unable to return to the home.

The home was destroyed by the fire.

A fund drive has been set up for the family under "Reed Family Relief Fund" on the church's web site, www.parkwaychurchofgod.org.

Michael Reed's search for his family has been a focus of much news coverage since the fire began as he searched various shelters in the area for them.
reedfamily.jpg
reedfamily2.jpg
reedfamily3.jpg

msr

AHHHHH FUCK
I think it's incredible that Dolly Parton has offered to help the fire victims as she has. Some of the other mega - rich celebrities could help if they wanted. I know nothing will replace someones family members.

D.N.R.

Medication time
I think it's incredible that Dolly Parton has offered to help the fire victims as she has. Some of the other mega - rich celebrities could help if they wanted. I know nothing will replace someones family members.
There's going to be a telethon concert in Nashville put together by Dolly later this month too. I don't know what other singers will participate but I'm sure it will be some pretty big names.

Reactions: Sky

msr

AHHHHH FUCK
There's going to be a telethon concert in Nashville put together by Dolly later this month too. I don't know what other singers will participate but I'm sure it will be some pretty big names.
If all of them were as generous as Dolly seems to be, that would be an unheard of act of help on the celebs part.
The times when these fuckers that make millions a year and donate MAYBE 10 K to charities is laffable. They do that for the publicity. They could help big time if they wanted.

Reactions: Sky

Airbornemama

Something Ironic...
This user was banned
I am truly sorry to read all the sadness that's going on in Tennessee D.N.R, I hope you, your whole family and friends all stay safe and this nightmare ends quickly. :rose:

D.N.R.

Medication time
I am truly sorry to read all the sadness that's going on in Tennessee D.N.R, I hope you, your whole family and friends all stay safe and this nightmare ends quickly. :rose:
Thank you. It's terrible but there has been so much support. It's amazing to see how people can come together when tragedy hits.

D.N.R.

Medication time
Two juveniles have been arrested for arson. They need to be charged with 14 counts of murder.:rage:

Two juveniles charged with arson in Tennessee wildfires that left 14 people dead
Two juveniles have been charged with aggravated arson in connection with the East Tennessee wildfires that killed 14 people last week and left nearly 150 others injured, authorities said Wednesday.

During an investigation involving local, state and federal agents, ā€œinformation was developed that two juveniles allegedly started the fire,ā€ the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said in a news release.
Both were taken into custody Wednesday morning and are being held at the Sevier County Juvenile Detention Center.

The suspects are Tennessee residents, District Attorney General Jimmy B. Dunn said at a news conference in Sevierville. No additional information about the youths was made available, including their age and gender.

ā€œI understand that you have a lot of questions,ā€ Dunn told reporters. ā€œHowever, the law does not allow for the disclosure of additional information at this time.ā€

He added that additional charges ā€œare being consideredā€ and said the juveniles could be tried as adults.

Karyssa Dalton, A 19-year-old who spoke with the Associated Press, told the wire service that it was appropriate to hold the juveniles accountable for their alleged actions, regardless of their age.

ā€œI mean, what if somebody came through their town, and set their town on fire, and lost their loved ones, and lost all their homes?ā€ said Dalton, whose grandmother is still missing. ā€œItā€™s not fair.ā€

Katerina Mills, a 45-year-old who has been staying in a shelter, told The Washington Post in a phone interview that though the suspected offenders were juveniles, she didnā€™t feel more sympathetic to them, or think that officials should tread more lightly with the case.

ā€œAge shouldnā€™t matter on something like this,ā€ Mills said. ā€œThere were so many lives lost in this fire, due to this fire, and due to them being inconsiderate. There were so many lives lost. Animalsā€™ lives lost. Humansā€™ lives lost. And the beautiful place that we lived in, you know, that wasā€”ā€

Then she sighed, and said: ā€œYou know. Itā€™s not good. I mean, itā€™s not good.ā€

ā€œI would love to see them tried as adults,ā€ Mills said. ā€œYes maā€™am. They need to be tried as adults. As many people that lost their lives and stuff, and their homes. And they canā€™t replace that. They canā€™t replace it. The homes? Yeah. But they canā€™t replace the sentimental stuff in the homes. They canā€™t replace the lives. And, it ainā€™t the parentsā€™ fault. You can raise your kid to the best of your knowledge, but your kids are going to turn out how they want to be when they get of age. And I do feel sorry for the parents. But no, I do not feel sorry for those kids.ā€

shitterofpants

This user was banned
Just reading this in the news, fucked up stuff. Yes, they should be tried as adults, and charged for the 14 deaths as well. Fucking idiots.

mrln

silent ghost
what did the d.a. or governor say? "everything is on the table now" or something like that. either way,if these kids are found guilty,they will be in jail for-evarrr... tried as adults and put in big boy jail now boi. they'll be made into men pretty fucking quick!

D.N.R.

Medication time
D.N.R. What's the situation these days?
The only thing new that has been released is that the arsonists are 15 and 17 year old boys. They were hiking on the Chimney Tops trail in the park on Nov 23 and tossing lit matches onto the ground around the trail. A hiker unwittingly captured an image of the boys walking away from the trail with smoke in the background, and the teenager's clothing helped authorities identify them. I believe they are still in custody and will be facing more severe charges but not much has been said about it yet.
Dolly Parton's 'Smoky Mountains Rise' telethon raised over $9 million for the families in need and started handing out the $1,000 per month checks and Dollar General gift cards last week.

Mtnflyer

Border Undesirable
The only thing new that has been released is that the arsonists are 15 and 17 year old boys
In my neighborhood, once you're 16, you are held responsible for criminal activity as an adult. If it's the same there, the 15yr old will prolly get off light.

D.N.R.

Medication time
In my neighborhood, once you're 16, you are held responsible for criminal activity as an adult. If it's the same there, the 15yr old will prolly get off light.
I think they will both end up charged as adults, as they should be. Want to commit adult crimes you should do adult time.

Back