Good cover songs

Most covers are really shitty. For me the difference is how much they change the song. If they keep it mostly the same but play it their way, its usually just better....more of an homage. If they just mutilate it, it sucks balls.

Here are a few i like very much...

I like to put music on and throw in a movie or watch cartoons with the sound down. It usually ends up really cool. This one i watched the end of kill bill volume 2 with. It was so perfect, the emotion it conveyed when she saw her daughter for the first time....

This song doesn't fit the definition of cover, as its the band playing their own song, but anselmo traveled well outside his usual range to sing it as close to staley as he could. I LOVE it.

Killy

Banned
I like Chromatics' cover of "My My, Hey Hey (Into the Black)" by Neil Young. They didn't really change anything other than the instruments they play. However, I really like the harmonica and acoustic guitar in the original. That shit still gives me goose bumps.

Chromatics "Into the Black"

Neil Young "My My, Hey Hey (Into the Black)"

Sichard Rimmons

Super Ultra Mega Lurker
I like Chromatics' cover of "My My, Hey Hey (Into the Black)" by Neil Young. They didn't really change anything other than the instruments they play. However, I really like the harmonica and acoustic guitar in the original. That shit still gives me goose bumps.

Chromatics "Into the Black"

Neil Young "My My, Hey Hey (Into the Black)"
I absolutely love Neil Young and I think the cover is fantastic. I didn't at all expect it to sound as good as it did when I pressed play!

Reactions: Sev

Hellwig

Banned
Short Bussed
I don't really see much point in musicians redoing a song almost note for note, same arrangements, etc, other than as an homage, which doesn't classify as reason enough IMO to rerecord it. Giving an existing song a complete revamp is much more interesting to me.

Example!:

:D

I don't really see much point in musicians redoing a song almost note for note, same arrangements, etc, other than as an homage, which doesn't classify as reason enough IMO to rerecord it. Giving an existing song a complete revamp is much more interesting to me.
It's okay if a band covers a song exactly like the original if it's for a live performance or something, but if they're gonna record it and market it, then they should do their own version. Make it their own, ya know? That's why I like Marilyn Manson's covers because he does that with every single cover song he releases. He'll take a song and put his own style to it. He's does the best covers, imo.