GoreGrish's Classic Cars Thread

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
It seems that there's a few of us GG members who either own, daddy owns, or who work on vintage cars. Maybe some just like taking photos of them at Show 'n Shines.

This thread is good for them all.

So, to start off: my Dad (he's 83) owns a 1988 stock/mint Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am. that he bought a few years ago from my cousin. I took these photos last year and have more - but I canna find them...

No mods have been made to the engine, which is not very high on the HP but this puppy roars.

1988-pontiac-firebird-trans-am-1-dh.jpg

1988-pontiac-firebird-trans-am-2-dh.jpg

1988-pontiac-firebird-trans-am-3-dh.jpg

1988-pontiac-firebird-trans-am-4-dh.jpg

1988-pontiac-firebird-trans-am-5-dh.jpg

1988-pontiac-firebird-trans-am-6-dh.jpg

1988-pontiac-firebird-trans-am-7-dh.jpg

1988-pontiac-firebird-trans-am-8-dh.jpg

OP
DeathHand

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
We don't own this car but have been helping the guy who does do some restoration work to it.

The car is a vintage 1971 Pontiac GTO that has been disassembled and put back together. It got a new paint job that matches the original, buffing and dent removal here and there and replacement of all windows (not shown in this set).

When Igo back to New Brunswick in a few months I'll get to the this car completed :)

1971-pontiac-gto-1-dh.jpg

1971-pontiac-gto-2-dh.jpg

3. Engine is stock.
1971-pontiac-gto-3-dh.jpg

1971-pontiac-gto-4-dh.jpg

1971-pontiac-gto-5-dh.jpg

1971-pontiac-gto-6-dh.jpg

7. Stock with this model was an 8-track player...great for the ol' geezers...
1971-pontiac-gto-7-dh.jpg

We don't own this car but have been helping the guy who does do some restoration work to it.

The car is a vintage 1971 Pontiac GTO that has been disassembled and put back together. It got a new paint job that matches the original, buffing and dent removal here and there and replacement of all windows (not shown in this set).

When Igo back to New Brunswick in a few months I'll get to the this car completed :)

View attachment 270403

View attachment 270404

3. Engine is stock.View attachment 270405

View attachment 270406

View attachment 270407

View attachment 270408

7. Stock with this model was an 8-track player...great for the ol' geezers...
View attachment 270409
Sweeeeeet....

OP
DeathHand

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Not sure why the "lol" on 'vintage'...I suppose that 'historic', 'classic' or 'post-vintage' would have been a better term for your tastes? Generally, a car that is older than 20-25 years that is generally stock, mint and in excellent running condition can described as any of the above by various car collector associations. Not everyone has the money to completely restore a 1928 Model-A Ford Sport Coupe, such as you posted, and which has nothing to do with unless proven otherwise. But I'm gonna go with 'Classic'.

Thanks for the tip, tipster.