gps

p4irs

totally shitposter, with Dunning–Kruger effect
naa i use the stars and the sun. sun set sunrise

ok now seriously im gonna go out of this caveman character for a while

are you looking for a hand held gps? or car gps?

i used magellan in the past. was easy to learn, updated often, reliable. i have a handheld i used for backpacking 20 years ago and it works fine. surprised your phone doesn't have it. mine does, but it's turned off.. i don't need google sending me ads based on my location.

p4irs

do u want a china made gps or taiwan made?
ok seriously well i have installed many car gps, like hundred
Celestron, Garmin or Holux. they have handheld GPS around 200$
for car gps they can send automatic report to your cellphone(with requested interval), so u can track them by your self (not as bad as stolen, but check the movie dude where's my car. its useful) emergency button, emergency battery that could last for 2 days IF something went wrong (wire cut), u can turn off the engine by sms, etc etc
i worked in a car rental, was a noob about gps, supervised everything so when the gps dude ask where to report the gps i said MY CELLPHONE
i received more than 100 sms a day.inbox full EVERY DAY

i dont know if u can report your position to other cellphone with a handheld gps..in case u got lost in the bermuda or got eaten by a bear or something.

OP
S

sickfuck

Banned
i used magellan in the past. was easy to learn, updated often, reliable. i have a handheld i used for backpacking 20 years ago and it works fine. surprised your phone doesn't have it. mine does, but it's turned off.. i don't need google sending me ads based on my location.
My iPhone has gps and a maps feature but it's only useful in a wifi hotspot (ie you can only set routes at home or the such) , not handy at all...

where are you going that you need a dedicated gps?
I have a job driving all over my city. I've lived here for 20 yrs but still don't know all the roads. :facepalm:

get one you can easily program/query and read- sounds silly but those tiny things people have stuck to their windshields are useless in moving traffic.

and congrats on the job.

p4irs

oh FFS a bike trip around the city

i was thinking something like fishing or hiking

Torque Button

"boo fucking hoo" "Die in a fire"
My iPhone has gps and a maps feature but it's only useful in a wifi hotspot (ie you can only set routes at home or the such) , not handy at all...

I have a job driving all over my city. I've lived here for 20 yrs but still don't know all the roads. :facepalm:
bookstore, map/atlas, $10.00

never needs a signal or batteries

Powerline75

Fresh Meat

Get any car oriented driving assistant/GPS device, since you will only use it within urban limits. It should cost below... well, for us EU folks is 300 Euros or less... for US citizens, must be US$ 450 or less

OP
S

sickfuck

Banned
you are clearly upset. i know unemployment sucks , just keep truckin' man. your days of bologna are nearly over , im sure..

Torque Button

"boo fucking hoo" "Die in a fire"
need a flashlight too, for those after hours navigation needs. and maybe a cute accessory with a soothing voice for turn by turn directions. i'm sure that costs extra tho.
Teddy's soothing voice, ...cruising a pot hole strewn street riding on the handlebars