Grandmother Murders Infant With Sledge Hammer and Carving Knife. (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

00Unkn0wn

Fresh Meat
A grandmother in suburban Chicago stands accused of a gruesome murder of her six-month-old granddaughter.

Alfreda Giedrojc, 61, allegedly struck the infant with a sledge hammer and then slit the still-living child’s throat with a knife on Sunday morning, prosecutors claim. Authorities are holding the suspect without bail at the Cermak Hospital in Cook County Jail on a charge of first-degree murder

According to the CBS Chicago affiliate, prosecutor Michael Deno indicated that “Giedrojc allegedly laid the girl on the floor when she was alone with her and then retrieved a sledge hammer from a closet she had placed there the night before.After striking the baby multiple times, the baby was still crying and moving, so the grandmother slit the child’s throat with a large carving knife.”

The OakLawn Patch reports that “Deno said in court that Giedrojc admitted in a video statement to beating the baby with a sledge hammer and slitting her throat.”

CNN reports that the baby and her father were visiting the grandparents when the horrible crime occurred. “The girl’s father brought her to Giedrojc’s home in the southwestern suburb of Oak Lawn on Sunday while he helped with repairs on a nearby home… Her father and grandfather had stepped out of the grandparents’ house for a short time when this horrific event took place.”

The grandfather apparently called 911 as soon as he returned home. Police responded, and the baby was treated at a local hospital where she tragically was pronounced dead that afternoon.

Investigators have yet to establish a motive for this alleged murder of baby Vivian. The suspect in her death — who reportedly has no previous arrest record — has an October 28 court appearance.

According to Oak Lawn Police Chief Michael Murray, “I have never seen anything like this. It’s a tragedy. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family. This is going to be a very difficult time for everybody.”

Rest in peace little one.

Mr_Blonde

Banned
Short Bussed
I thought that too but it must have been a strong baby.
Baby-Face-by-Greg-McQuay.jpg

Last edited:

Faaark

Rookie
She didn't knock the kid unconscious or kill her after multiple strikes with a sledgehammer? Something doesn't seem to add up here...
I doubt that weak-looking old woman could wield a sledge hammer well enough to hit her target efficiently. She probably hit a few glancing blows and then decided she'd need to use a knife to finish the job. Very bizarre. Especially since she'd put the sledge hammer in the cupboard the night before, so was she planning to kill the baby?

Bethy 🔥

Sometimes life aint fair kiddo..
Super Moderator
Kill that polish BITCH now!. Fuckin sick cunt!:rant: She aint sick in the head :no: she planned this MURDER!!

Pukebag

Madam Baggington of Pukingshire
I'd like to follow up on this so I cab understand why she performed such a horrific act.

Pixiedust

Serial Killer has been made.....
Well since she was a pollack maybe she used the handle instead of the head of the the hammer......lololol...ok sik pollack joke. But yeah she placed there the day before.....why???

ZenZaku

This user was banned
I doubt that weak-looking old woman could wield a sledge hammer well enough to hit her target efficiently. She probably hit a few glancing blows and then decided she'd need to use a knife to finish the job. Very bizarre. Especially since she'd put the sledge hammer in the cupboard the night before, so was she planning to kill the baby?
Maybe that's it. But even if you can't swing it correctly you could always just lift it up high and drop it on the thing. I doubt a 6month old's skull could really stand up to that. It's just one of those things that doesn't sound like it's real. My question is if she couldn't easily use a sledgehammer then why not use a simple claw hammer instead? They're lighter for one thing and just as deadly.

aRyan

TRUMP or BUST
Maybe that's it. But even if you can't swing it correctly you could always just lift it up high and drop it on the thing. I doubt a 6month old's skull could really stand up to that. It's just one of those things that doesn't sound like it's real. My question is if she couldn't easily use a sledgehammer then why not use a simple claw hammer instead? They're lighter for one thing and just as deadly.

You don't even need a claw hammer. It's a six month old. You could put it's head onto something hard and just push down really hard, and you'd break it open probably.

I'd like to follow up on this so I cab understand why she performed such a horrific act.

I hear you, but sometimes you just don't get answers.. sometimes the people who do the evil things they do don't even understand why. Either this lady really hates her family, or she is just sick & deranged. Either way, she should be put down.

ZenZaku

This user was banned
You don't even need a claw hammer. It's a six month old. You could put it's head onto something hard and just push down really hard, and you'd break it open probably.

I know you don't necessarily need a weapon, I mean you could shake the kid long enough and snap its neck. I'm just baffled how anyone couldn't kill an infant with a hammer of any type and curious as to why the woman went straight for the "Big Guns" so to speak when any old thing could do it.

Pukebag

Madam Baggington of Pukingshire

I hear you, but sometimes you just don't get answers.. sometimes the people who do the evil things they do don't even understand why. Either this lady really hates her family, or she is just sick & deranged. Either way, she should be put down.

Just relaying on what you said. She placed the sledgehammer in the closet the night before, so it seems to me there was a reason behind it.

Back