Have you had a family member or friend who was murdered? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

beety

Fresh Meat
I had a nephew that was murdered in 2010…he was stomped to death…ribs lacerated his heart and he bled to death, internally….
So sad. I know how hard it must be for you. Sometimes it's hard to remember them as they were before the tragedy and not think of the pain they must have gone through. I pray your nephew is resting peacefully.

phao1993

Fresh Meat
i didnt know him but supposedly my great grandpa was murdered, fed through a meat grinder and dumped into the swamp in the woods by his own family but those are just rumors and his body was never found. my cousin i worked with for a week died after he was shot 3 times in the back and once in the stomach about a year ago im pretty sure that guy is behind bars now but supposedly he is getting off easy. there has also been rumors of a guy owing my grandpa money and he sent his brother to tell him he couldnt pay him back but when he got there he was chained to the back of a car and drug down the road and so many other horrifying stories but all they could ever pin on him was drugs. recently though there was a friend of my cousin that shot her stepdad loaded him in the back of a truck and drove down the road but he fell off somewhere along the way so she chained him to the bumper and drug him all the way back to her house and left him there until police showed up.

meh_

Staring into the abyss
Nothing even close to recent, but a relative of mine was working as an assistant to Chilean exile Orlando Letelier when a car bomb exploded in their car. Her husband was with them and surprisingly didn't suffer any fatal injuries but both Letelier and my relative were fatally injured. Both died at the hospital from their wounds. Letelier probably died from losing the lower half of his body and my relative died from choking on her on blood because her larynx and carotid artery were basically severed from debris during the explosion. The assassination was part of Operation Condor: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Condor

They have a small memorial set up in Sheridan Circle, Washington D.C.

Equal Hater

Unbannable by decree!
Dang I have a pretty long list.

When I was about 14 my cousin (he was in his mid 20's) was part of a group of robbers. I knew several of them and they were all very cool with me, always keeping an eye from me getting in trouble (I grew up in a pretty rough area). Three of them were gunned down by the police when they resisted getting arrested.

A chick I banged a few times in the late 90's was murdered by three thugs over a stupid home stereo being broken. Drugs were involved. They chopped her body to pieces and dumped her in thrash bags. This happened in Miami. I am not aware of what happened to the killers.

About 8 years ago my friend Jerry Temple was shot dead outside a club in Jacksonville Beach by a punk after an altercation. Because most witnesses refused to give statements to the police (1%ers) the guy got a pretty sweet plea deal and did less than 5 years. He got out a while back.

My ex wife was arrested and accused of murdering her first husband. I had no idea of all this for 5 years until the US Marshalls showed up at her job. The case never went to trial because the extradition was dropped. I divorced her a week after she was released from Federal Prison.

I got many suicide cases close to me. We let those for the appropriate thread.

Dropbeat

Lurker
Speaking of friends that were murdered…do murders by the state (death penalty) count? A guy I grew up with in California was executed at San Quentin by lethal injection in December of 2005. Maybe he deserved it, but it still made me sad because it was someone I knew….

TehBitch

*I Squirt Blonde*
Administrator
Speaking of friends that were murdered…do murders by the state (death penalty) count? A guy I grew up with in California was executed at San Quentin by lethal injection in December of 2005. Maybe he deserved it, but it still made me sad because it was someone I knew….
What's the story of him?

Dropbeat

Lurker
He was a bad ass, and I heard from the news that he had killed four people…I don't doubt he was capable, because when I would see him on the street I would totally change my direction…He got caught up with, went to trial and was convicted and sentenced to death. December 5, 2005 the sentence was carried out….May be able to Google Stanley "Tookie" Williams….

TehBitch

*I Squirt Blonde*
Administrator
He was a bad ass, and I heard from the news that he had killed four people…I don't doubt he was capable, because when I would see him on the street I would totally change my direction…He got caught up with, went to trial and was convicted and sentenced to death. December 5, 2005 the sentence was carried out….May be able to Google Stanley "Tookie" Williams….
This him?
Stanley_'Tookie'_Williams_mugshot.jpg

Ora

Well Known Member
I've had a family member murdered. It happened before my time but my great grandmother was shot in the head in the passenger seat of her own car and found abandoned on the side of the highway. The culprit was never caught but it's pretty much common knowledge that her husband did it so he could skip town with the inheritance/life insurance.

ThatOtherAccount

Racing To Death
When I was in grade school there was a kid in our class named Thomas tank. I remember him telling us his father was a bad bad person all the time and always yelled and was abusive. There was a day on the bus when we went to pick him up being he was on the route to school and I remember 20 plus police cars. We got to school and the teacher sat us down like a meeting and told us that Thomas father killed his mother, Grandma and himself...He did not come back to school the rest of the year. (4 Months remaining) He did come back the following year and told us of his father shooting his mother and grandma directly in front of him and killing himself. I always wondered what happen to him. I have always had and image in my head he was in a mental hospital someplace .

Back