Help!!! My P.C is running Sloooooooow!!!!

Help!!! My P.C is running Sloooooooow!!!!

OK I'm not blaming anyone here (GROM!!) but ever since I downloaded an ICQ link given to me, my P.C has been running like a fucking bag of shit!!

It was okay up til then, so I went into programs and deleted the ICQ shit from my hard drive.......it stayed on my P.C and had grafted itself onto my tools menu even after I'd deleted it. Then it just magically disappeared without me doing anything. My P.C now totally shits itself every time I turn it on and will freeze like 50 times on every page for up to 30 minutes, while I hear the hard disc going mental like it's searching for something in a frenzy. This happens every fucking single time. Pages freeze forever, nothing moves. I can't even red X anything. There's something infecting my system and it's invisible to all checks I've made so far.

I've done two system restores, ran a virus check, run Crap cleaner twice and Cleaned the registry, but nothing seems to work. I need help from you guise!!

Pls give me the links to anything that can check my P.C for issues that could be seriously slowing it down and then anything else that can nuke them the fuck out of teh universe!
I need a good free anti-virus program as mine's fucked.
I'm serious!! This shit is whack as fuck! I've never had my P.C run so fucking badly before!

D.O.A.

These are great days we're living, bros
type msconfig in search or cmd prompt, it should open.

What programs are running automatically on windows startup? I allow nothing but winshit or antivirus, everything else is optional. This will give you an idea of what junk is fucking your shit up when you boot. Disable it, or better yet, track it down from the path shown and remove it.

Attachments

D.O.A.

These are great days we're living, bros
also watch the task manager (ctrl+alt+delete > task manager) while the PC is running and see what processes are running and list any suspicious ones/using massive resources

thanks guise :rose:

I really appreciate the help....just running another anti virus check ATM so far it's found 4 Trojan-Downloader. Agent DUJ (whatever the fuck they are)

matahari

Star Fox 64
Get a new computer, FFS, dino really worth the headache? Honestly, I would go ahead and reformat. Make sure you have a Windows disk. Tell me the version of Windows you need and I will get you a copy in English (legal). Don't try running Windows 7 on that old hog. Send PM and we can arrange a little help via txt when we both have an hour or so after you have downloaded and successfully burned an ENGLISH Windows.

You can go the removal route, but depending on the pervasive little bastard you have and your experience, you may spend a lot of time to find your old hag is still sick.

Grombolar

Hide.
Short Bussed
I did nothing! :eek:hhh:

Get CCleaner or some other similar proggy to clean your PC & get rid of unused registry keys, see if you can find ICQ poopery there.

Mick

About that Acid.
I'd have a stern word with your missus Rev for letting this happen.
After all it is her fault.She probably has never touched your PC but it's still her fault.

Mick;23861 said:
I'd have a stern word with your missus Rev for letting this happen.
After all it is her fault.She probably has never touched your PC but it's still her fault.
damn right mick...i will as soon as she regains consciousness (dinner wasn't on time last night)

Alfred E. Neumann

What - me worry?
matahari;23684 said:
Get a new computer, FFS, dino really worth the headache? Honestly, I would go ahead and reformat. Make sure you have a Windows disk. Tell me the version of Windows you need and I will get you a copy in English (legal). Don't try running Windows 7 on that old hog. Send PM and we can arrange a little help via txt when we both have an hour or so after you have downloaded and successfully burned an ENGLISH Windows.

You can go the removal route, but depending on the pervasive little bastard you have and your experience, you may spend a lot of time to find your old hag is still sick.
windows disk? ...women lol

Janine

Mini Wiconi -Water Is Life!
Maybe you should download and install malwarebytes-anti malware program on your HD Rev its a very good malware program

p4irs

totally shitposter, with Dunning–Kruger effect
every time i ask about technical difficulties, back in UR days, the most active responder were Bobbytomorrow and yes, you are right rosie, C_P

Mick

About that Acid.
Janine;28288 said:
Maybe you should download and install malwarebytes-anti malware program on your HD Rev its a very good malware program
Thats a great program which I have used for a couple of years now.(never had Malware since)
Anyone who wants the pro version just PM me and I'll give you a key for it.