How to Crack Wi-Fi Network Passwords (1 Viewer)

SAF

Imperator
Administrator
I'm running that through Backtrack on Virtualbox currently. Was just talking in IRC the other day about trying to get it to work with a different Linux distro, as I have an old laptop that I installed Mint on and would rather use that for shit like breaking into wifi connections as opposed to my primary computer. Just in case.

That's a lot of work to go through for a neighbor to steal some of my bandwidth. Fuck, most of my neighbors don't know how to burn a disk, much less hack a router.
Think I'm OK here.

Took me 3.5 hours to get neighbors password.Now I am good to hook on from now on when I am working on someones laptop.

Not many around my immediate area computer savvy enough, or with enough patience to pull it off. I did decide to go change my security settings and password on a regular basis though...just in case.

Blaine

Dead Meme
Oppressor
Administrator
Gonna use this to steal the neighbors' wireless for certain types of filesharing. Console game publishers and studios who own recent movie releases LOVE to monitor torrent trackers and send out mass cease and desist notices to ISPs, which rarely does anything but it can annoy the ISPs enough to suspend or close your account.

SAF

Imperator
Administrator
Gonna use this to steal the neighbors' wireless for certain types of filesharing. Console game publishers and studios who own recent movie releases LOVE to monitor torrent trackers and send out mass cease and desist notices to ISPs, which rarely does anything but it can annoy the ISPs enough to suspend or close your account.
Exactly. And if anyone deserves to get shit on by their ISP, it's my neighbors.

I will warn you all, this shit can take forever. RORER-714 had results in 3.5 hours. The documentation states 4-10 hours. When I left the house this morning for work, it was still running. I'm hoping to have results by the time I get home.

Blaine

Dead Meme
Oppressor
Administrator
That's pretty phenomenal speed considering that most modern encryption methods are uncrackable, unless of course you have access to the system and can exploit the encryption software directly (for those who know nothing about computers, that can be compared to boarding the Starship Enterprise and pulling a lever to turn off the shields, instead of trying to shoot through the shields from the outside using brute force).

Decent60

Patient goes beep beep beeeeeeeeeep
Bit old but still good. BT 5 R3 has Reaver built in. Works like a charm on my old laptop, new one has a bit of a problem with the wireless card that I'm sorting out.

SAF

Imperator
Administrator
Bit old but still good. BT 5 R3 has Reaver built in. Works like a charm on my old laptop, new one has a bit of a problem with the wireless card that I'm sorting out.
Similar problem here, but workable. The wireless adapter that I'm using isn't recognized in WICD, but it shows up when I look for it in the terminal. Still works, I just can't figure out how to make it show up outside the terminal.

Decent60

Patient goes beep beep beeeeeeeeeep
Similar problem here, but workable. The wireless adapter that I'm using isn't recognized in WICD, but it shows up when I look for it in the terminal. Still works, I just can't figure out how to make it show up outside the terminal.
Check your adapters site for a proper linux kernel and see if that doesn't help

Users who are viewing this thread