I Skinned A Fox Today

OP
ErisKillton

ErisKillton

Forum Veteran
Didn't take as long as I thought it would take. Getting the head off the body was pretty intense tho. I wish I could of taken more pics of that but it was REALLY messy...all meaty and bloody, blood dripping everywhere, meat flying off the bone saw...the spinal cord a bitch to sever. I'll have to take pics as the head decomposes tho. Haven't decided what method I'm gonna use. I'd like to use beetles but I dont have any so I might just use maggots. Theres other methods too...for now its just sitting in a bucket on the porch.

@AtomicBong

Well Known Member
Didn't take as long as I thought it would take. Getting the head off the body was pretty intense tho. I wish I could of taken more pics of that but it was REALLY messy...all meaty and bloody, blood dripping everywhere, meat flying off the bone saw...the spinal cord a bitch to sever. I'll have to take pics as the head decomposes tho. Haven't decided what method I'm gonna use. I'd like to use beetles but I dont have any so I might just use maggots. Theres other methods too...for now its just sitting in a bucket on the porch.
i was out in the bush hiking in the spring and came across a buck carcass.. i tried to hack off the skull with my shovel but couldnt get the job done.. decapitation is alot harder than it sounds..

OP
ErisKillton

ErisKillton

Forum Veteran
i was out in the bush hiking in the spring and came across a buck carcass.. i tried to hack off the skull with my shovel but couldnt get the job done.. decapitation is alot harder than it sounds..
Indeed. I had a proper hunting bone saw and it was just a small fox and it was still hard to do.

OP
ErisKillton

ErisKillton

Forum Veteran
You gonna eat it Eris?
No...I don't think it's safe to eat at this point. Maybe if it had been a fresh kill and gutted properly...then it might have been suitable for human consumption, but idk. I fed the carcass to the vultures.

D

DECADENCE

No...I don't think it's safe to eat at this point. Maybe if it had been a fresh kill and gutted properly...then it might have been suitable for human consumption, but idk. I fed the carcass to the vultures.
Didn't know you could eat fox, bet you can make some warm slippers though.

look i dont want 2 fall out over fox,just an animal lover and thought u was just thinking it was right,u never said it was road kill at start,i am sorry but love animals

D

DECADENCE

I see this is going to turn into a debate, what's the harm if the fox was already dead and if Eris had killed it to eat then I still wouldn't have a problem, killing for trophies really does fuck me off though, hunting to eat is not immoral at all in my book.

creepod

(͡• ͜ʖ ͡•)
It's not like she killed it geez.
i see it no different than taking the corpse of a dead guy and mutilating it.

Meh...all you people who are mad, offended, or want to judge need to take a look at your own selves and where you're posting at.
still, looking at gore online and snapping shots of it with hand gestures to make yourself look cool is not the same, imo.