Is this the next pc we gotta have ?

The Acer Aspire Z5700 All in one Touchscreen PC,this thing has no tower!, everything is built into that Hi-Def 1080p screen that's in the pic,I'm seriously tempted,it can go virtually anywhere in the house.
spec's include;

CPU and Memory:

• Intel Core i5 650M.
  • Processor speed 3.2GHz.
  • 4GB DDR3 RAM.(Upgradable to 8GB)
  • 500GB SATA hard drive.(Upgradable to 2TB)
Graphics:
  • Dedicated nVIDIA GeForce G210 graphics card with 512MB memory.
Interfaces and connectivity:
  • Multi-card media card reader.
  • 6 USB ports.
  • Built-in TV tuner.
  • E-SATA.
  • Bluetooth.
  • Wireless/WiFi enabled.
  • 1.3MP webcam.
  • Wireless keyboard and mouse.
Operating system & software:
  • Microsoft Windows 7 Premium.
Monitor:
  • 23in display.(Full Multi-touch)
  • Resolution 1920 x 1080 pixels.
General features:
  • Weight 15kg.
    Acer_Aspire_Z5700_All-in-one_Touchscreen_Desktop_PC.jpg

OP
wino

wino

DILLIGAF
meh what do I know about them but I do think towers are on the way out. And touch screens are always gonna be full of finger prints a kids snot !

Blaine

Dead Meme
Oppressor
Administrator
Towers won't be out anytime soon, at least not for games, because you need a lot of room for the jet engines that are high-end graphics cards, and for the cooling system to keep them and the processor from burning the house down.

The G210 is a low-end GPU... and I don't know what the i5 650m is, but i7 is Intel's latest and I have a feeling the "m" on 650m means "mobility," which is code for "sucks horse cock."

OP
wino

wino

DILLIGAF
great I can do the bottle for the baby at the same time !

Just need a fridge thingy to go with it now

mrln

silent ghost
i saw dell makes a new lap top. it has a flip screen. one side for "touch" and the other side is for using the keyboard and mouse.

the real advancements will follow the transition from silicon chips to a more robust substrate. Gallium-Arsenide was predicted to take over as they can withstand more heat, but they are toxic to manufacture and dispose of, so the search continues. when heat is overcome true advancements in size, interface and efficiency will made.

matahari

Star Fox 64
Druther have a tower that is easy to get to in order to fix/upgrade. For sure this thing is completely proprietary rendering it useless in 3 years or less.

a chassis has two functions really. the first to hold the components. the second, to shield other devices from electro magnetic interference. the latter is often much more challenging than the former.

OP
wino

wino

DILLIGAF
well lets just keep adding wht we see hotshit or shit !

cause I know lots about puters I'll post the shit