ISIS: Attack|Kill|Booty (1) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

McM

ARSELING
Could the time be good for this again?↓↓
If it worked in Vietnam, it would work in the sandbox.
Project Eldest Son (also known as “Italian Green” or “Pole Bean”) was a program of covert operations conducted by the United States' Studies and Observation Group (SOG) during the Vietnam War. The project focused on placement of exploding cartridges into supplies used by communist combat forces in southeast Asia. United States technicians assembled 11,565 7.62×39mm cartridges for AK-47 rifles, 556 12.7×108mm heavy machine gun cartridges, and 1,968 82mm Type 67 mortar shells to detonate in the weapon when firing was attempted.[1] Project Eldest Son is an example of unconventional warfare. The missions under this program were implemented successfully in Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos.[2]

The forced-laborer in Germany in WW2 tried (have done) something similar, they sabotaged ammo and sometimes even weapons to explode later in use at the front. It was very difficult for them, a special knowledge was necessary (mostly about tolerance limits) and the stuff was controlled several times.
But there are no exact data about the amount of (successful) sabotage available, too less survivors.

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
The forced-laborer in Germany in WW2 tried (have done) something similar, they sabotaged ammo and sometimes even weapons to explode later in use at the front. It was very difficult for them, a special knowledge was necessary (mostly about tolerance limits) and the stuff was controlled several times.
But there are no exact data about the amount of (successful) sabotage available, too less survivors.
I've been looking at these types of photos for a few years and still wonder why, in many cases, so much equipment, weapons, all kinds of ammo, vehicles, etc. was left for Daesh fighters. In some cases all of the defenders were killed and in other cases those that lived ran.

During WW2 the US was good for destroying any of their own downed aircraft, helicopters and tanks so that stuff wouldn't fall into enemy hands. I think the Blackhawks have a detonation device that can be triggered, then run, then helicopter explodes. Not the case for all but worth adapting in Iraq and Syria.

Sabotaged ammo/weapons would do a good deal of damage to Daesh. At first physical damage and then psychological damage - they will think twice about grabbing ammo/weapons next time around.

These Iraqi and Syrian military bases, outposts and depots store huge amounts of armaments, ammo, etc. I'm surprised that the military higher-ups haven't caught on and figured out a way to rig their stores with an explosive device (or two) that, if need be, can be triggered manually or remotely in the event that the base or depot is going to be completely overrun.

deviant2

hell is other people
ISIS fighters seem to be able to mobilize very quickly and over run their target before the defenders know what hit them.

I think that what ISIS fighters have on their side is that most of them are more than willing to die, unlike their enemies.

Set 1.

Nineveh Province (just outside of Mosul), Iraq, Dec. 2016.

View attachment 290342

View attachment 290343

View attachment 290344

View attachment 290345

View attachment 290346

View attachment 290347

View attachment 290348
Not just the lack of fear of death... they also have Intel.

deviant2

hell is other people
I've been looking at these types of photos for a few years and still wonder why, in many cases, so much equipment, weapons, all kinds of ammo, vehicles, etc. was left for Daesh fighters. In some cases all of the defenders were killed and in other cases those that lived ran.

During WW2 the US was good for destroying any of their own downed aircraft, helicopters and tanks so that stuff wouldn't fall into enemy hands. I think the Blackhawks have a detonation device that can be triggered, then run, then helicopter explodes. Not the case for all but worth adapting in Iraq and Syria.

Sabotaged ammo/weapons would do a good deal of damage to Daesh. At first physical damage and then psychological damage - they will think twice about grabbing ammo/weapons next time around.

These Iraqi and Syrian military bases, outposts and depots store huge amounts of armaments, ammo, etc. I'm surprised that the military higher-ups haven't caught on and figured out a way to rig their stores with an explosive device (or two) that, if need be, can be triggered manually or remotely in the event that the base or depot is going to be completely overrun.
These tactics worked then. Not now though, too many countries in the wheeling and dealing at this point. No war, no money being made. No cayous, no money being made. We (the US) know exactly where the stashes are, and could get ride of them in a number of ways. Fuck we supply damn near all of it. Maybe, maybe not directly, but we do. War equals money...

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
DeathHand ,an awesome thread. Wow, I was wondering?, are all tanks able to sustain any amount of firepower?
Thanks and no. Every tank is susceptible to anti-tank fire. This could come in the form of anti-tank mines, RPG's or the more deadly US TOW missile. Several tanks are being used out there, namely older model Russian tanks, British Leopards and the mighty Abrams M1. Another form of death for tanks is the drone-drop-bomb.

Tanks might not get completely destroyed (with loss of crew) in all cases but if hit with the right amount of ordnance or precision targeting then they are atleast usually disabled.

A few years back (Afghanistan, I think) a US Abrams M1 rolled over and triggered a massive anti-tank mine. The turret was thrown meters away and the body of the tank was upside down. All US crew aboard that tank were killed (5 men).

tero

GOREBABY
Thanks and no. Every tank is susceptible to anti-tank fire. This could come in the form of anti-tank mines, RPG's or the more deadly US TOW missile. Several tanks are being used out there, namely older model Russian tanks, British Leopards and the mighty Abrams M1. Another form of death for tanks is the drone-drop-bomb.

Tanks might not get completely destroyed (with loss of crew) in all cases but if hit with the right amount of ordnance or precision targeting then they are atleast usually disabled.

A few years back (Afghanistan, I think) a US Abrams M1 rolled over and triggered a massive anti-tank mine. The turret was thrown meters away and the body of the tank was upside down. All US crew aboard that tank were killed (5 men).
Wow interesting info.Have a great holloween.

Back