ISIS: Drone Attack Views (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
ISIS uses many weapons to fight the Iraqis and the Syrians and one weapon they use is a drone.

By using drones they get instant visuals on where potential targets are and then they send out their suicide guys in bomb-laden vehicles (VBSA's - Vehicle Borne Suicide Attacks - and yes, I made that up...).

The sets in this thread will present a number of VBSA's that were covered from above by a drone.

These are all screen grabs that I made and took place in both Iraq and Syria in mid-late 2016.

Set 1.

1. Armor plated suicide vehicle (same for next 3 pics) head out on it's mission.
drone-views-isis-car-truck-suicide-bombers-hitting-targets-1-Iraq-Syria-2016-2017.jpg

drone-views-isis-car-truck-suicide-bombers-hitting-targets-2-Iraq-Syria-2016-2017.jpg

drone-views-isis-car-truck-suicide-bombers-hitting-targets-3-Iraq-Syria-2016-2017.jpg

drone-views-isis-car-truck-suicide-bombers-hitting-targets-4-Iraq-Syria-2016-2017.jpg

5. The vehicle above (#4) detonates.
drone-views-isis-car-truck-suicide-bombers-hitting-targets-5-Iraq-Syria-2016-2017.jpg

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Oh...the gore? it's hard to see because people were blown up into tiny little pieces...

Set 2.

1. VBSV (Vehicle Borne Suicide Vehicle...crap...) driver gets in before driving off to his target.
drone-views-isis-car-truck-suicide-bombers-hitting-targets-6-Iraq-Syria-2016-2017.jpg

2. End result...atleast 5 hummers taken out. Death toll unknown.
drone-views-isis-car-truck-suicide-bombers-hitting-targets-7-Iraq-Syria-2016-2017.jpg

3. An armor plated KIA - to be driven into action by a kid.
drone-views-isis-car-truck-suicide-bombers-hitting-targets-8-Iraq-Syria-2016-2017.jpg

4. ^ The kid.
drone-views-isis-car-truck-suicide-bombers-hitting-targets-9-Iraq-Syria-2016-2017.jpg

5. The kid detonates.
drone-views-isis-car-truck-suicide-bombers-hitting-targets-10-Iraq-Syria-2016-2017.jpg

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Set 3.

1. VBSV drives into town...
drone-views-isis-car-truck-suicide-bombers-hitting-targets-11-Iraq-Syria-2016-2017.jpg

2. VBSV locates target vehicles.
drone-views-isis-car-truck-suicide-bombers-hitting-targets-12-Iraq-Syria-2016-2017.jpg

2. VBSV moves in on targets. At this point soldiers are already running out of their humvees and scrambling for cover.
drone-views-isis-car-truck-suicide-bombers-hitting-targets-13-Iraq-Syria-2016-2017.jpg

3. VBSV stops and gives parking tickets to 4 humvees before...
drone-views-isis-car-truck-suicide-bombers-hitting-targets-14-Iraq-Syria-2016-2017.jpg

4. Boom. Up the VBSV goes...talking the humvees with it.
drone-views-isis-car-truck-suicide-bombers-hitting-targets-15-Iraq-Syria-2016-2017.jpg

5. ^ Same.
drone-views-isis-car-truck-suicide-bombers-hitting-targets-16-Iraq-Syria-2016-2017.jpg

6. The aftermath below.
drone-views-isis-car-truck-suicide-bombers-hitting-targets-17-Iraq-Syria-2016-2017.jpg

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Set 4.

1. A VBSV closes in on a group of soldiers and their humvees. The humvees are trapped and most soldiers (little black dots on the road) are already on the run.
drone-views-isis-car-truck-suicide-bombers-hitting-targets-18-Iraq-Syria-2016-2017.jpg

2 . VBSV moves in.
drone-views-isis-car-truck-suicide-bombers-hitting-targets-19-Iraq-Syria-2016-2017.jpg

3. The VBSV driver detonates his payload.
drone-views-isis-car-truck-suicide-bombers-hitting-targets-20-Iraq-Syria-2016-2017.jpg

4. The aftermath indicates that the VBSV managed to take out only 3 or 4 humvees.
drone-views-isis-car-truck-suicide-bombers-hitting-targets-21-Iraq-Syria-2016-2017.jpg

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Set 5.

1. A VBSV barrels towards it's target: 3 humvees and a tank. The tank is the primary target.
drone-views-isis-car-truck-suicide-bombers-hitting-targets-22-Iraq-Syria-2016-2017.jpg

2. Two humvees have gone into reverse as soldiers run to houses to take cover.
drone-views-isis-car-truck-suicide-bombers-hitting-targets-23-Iraq-Syria-2016-2017.jpg

3. Ka-Boom and the VBSV detonates.
drone-views-isis-car-truck-suicide-bombers-hitting-targets-24-Iraq-Syria-2016-2017.jpg

4. ^ Same.
drone-views-isis-car-truck-suicide-bombers-hitting-targets-25-Iraq-Syria-2016-2017.jpg

5. Aftermath shows that the two forward humvees and the tank were taken out.
drone-views-isis-car-truck-suicide-bombers-hitting-targets-26-Iraq-Syria-2016-2017.jpg

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Wonder if they have suicide bombers in charge of their fireworks show, they would be good at it. Nice thread DH. :tu: those are huge explosions, how much firepower do they pack and what do they use primarily.
How much firepower a VBIED packs depends on the size of the vehicle and how much it can carry without severely weighing the vehicle down - these guys have to move fast without being blown up before reaching their target.

Munitions used haven't really changed much from when insurgents started using them in the first Iraq war. I think that the #1 munitions are live artillery shells. Added to the payload might be improvised explosives made with material from mines, mortars and other explosive shells along with cans of gasoline and other flammables. Plus, the vehicle usually has a full tank of gas.

I have seen in some cases where large artillery shells were repacked to make them even more powerful. This way insurgents/ISIS can put together a VBIED with 8 artillery shells instead of 12 or 16. In terms of weight...it varies on the capacity of the vehicle: 300lbs of explosives, 500 lbs, etc. It also depends on what the militants have available.

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Damn, I thought they packed TNT or something like that, if the explosion doesn't get you and you didn't take cover the shrapnel will.
Well I suppose that when you empty an artillery shell what you have is, in a sense, TNT - basically good ol' gunpowder. But as for standard TNT, which would be dynamite - these guys don't really have access to that.

McM

ARSELING
In the attack at Oklahoma City 1995, McVeigh used a lot of fertilizer and nitromethane to build a bomb of over 2 tons weight. Don't know, if the IS use this kind of 'receipes' to enhance their explosives as well. Most stuff will be from old artillery shells, etc., which contains nitrocellulose, cordite, etc.

Mental Puppy

Tudinem Mortem
In the attack at Oklahoma City 1995, McVeigh used a lot of fertilizer and nitromethane to build a bomb of over 2 tons weight. Don't know, if the IS use this kind of 'receipes' to enhance their explosives as well. Most stuff will be from old artillery shells, etc., which contains nitrocellulose, cordite, etc.

Yeah the Oklahoma city bombing was pretty successful from a bombers point of view.

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
McVeigh bought his 'ingredients at the store'. On the battle field and bombed out cities of Iraq and Syria, IS doesn't have access to this sort of mix which I suppose is a good thing.

When I did the other threads about IS's attack-kill-booty I wanted to show the booty because most of the booty they want besides weapons and ammo is artillery shells - new ones. Many of the depots and outposts that they overrun have crates of shells that haven't been fused yet.

Reactions: McM

McM

ARSELING
McVeigh bought his 'ingredients at the store'. On the battle field and bombed out cities of Iraq and Syria, IS doesn't have access to this sort of mix which I suppose is a good thing.

When I did the other threads about IS's attack-kill-booty I wanted to show the booty because most of the booty they want besides weapons and ammo is artillery shells - new ones. Many of the depots and outposts that they overrun have crates of shells that haven't been fused yet.

Yo, somehow I had the Taliban in mind, when I said 'old shells'.

tero

GOREBABY

Deathhead, great research of wealth u are.thanks for the great info, and this thread in partic............

Back