Israeli Soldier Posts Disturbing Instagram Photo of Child in Crosshairs of His Rifle (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

tarekwood

Glad it's you !!
Israeli Soldier Posts Disturbing Instagram Photo of Child in Crosshairs of His Rifle
This disturbing image shows the back of the head of a child or young man as seen in the crosshairs of a rifle. The photo was posted on the personal Instagram account of Mor Ostrovski, a 20-year old Israeli soldier in a sniper unit.

The context – particularly the character of the buildings seen in the background of the image – strongly suggests the child could be Palestinian.

There are no other images to suggest that the photographer actually fired at the person in the image in this case. The image is simply tasteless and dehumanizing. It embodies the idea that Palestinian children are targets.
430490d1361153507-israeli-soldier-posts-disturbing-instagram-photo-child-crosshairs-his-rifle-3xzfr0x.jpg

aRyan

TRUMP or BUST
looks like a preemptive strike on one of those barbaric rock throwing terrorists, how many more IDF bulldozers must have their paint chipped by these 14 year old ITD's. (improvised throwing devices)

Watch out when a bulldozer drives over some debris and loses a track. Some Palestinian woman and her child found out the hard way that aggravated Jews might just cut them into ribbons with a .50 caliber machine gun.

SAF

Imperator
Administrator
News story re: this photo http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/18/israeli-soldier-posts-instagram-palestinian

Israeli soldier posts Instagram image of Palestinian child in crosshairs of rifle
Military investigates Mor Ostrovski, 20, as row grows over spate of offensive images posted online by Israeli soldiers
guardian.co.uk, Monday 18 February 2013 05.06 EST​
Israeli-soldier-posts-dis-008.jpg
Israeli soldier Mor Ostrovski, 20, has sparked controversy after posting this image on his Instagram account. Photograph: electronicintifada.net
An Israeli soldier has sparked outrage by posting a photograph appearing to show the back of a Palestinian boy's head in the crosshairs of his sniper rifle on a social networking site.
The context of the picture, posted on the personal Instagram site of Mor Ostrovski, 20, could not be verified but the aggressive message is clear. The minarets and Arabic architecture of the village captured in the background suggest the boy and the town are Palestinian. Ostrovski is an Israeli soldier in a sniper unit.
The Israeli military said the soldier's commanders were investigating the incident. His actions "are not in accordance with the spirit of the IDF [Israel Defence Forces] or its values", a spokesperson said.
Ostrovski, who has closed his Instagram account, told the army he did not take the picture but found it on the internet.
Breaking the Silence, an organisation of veteran Israeli combat soldiers campaigning to raise awareness about life in the West Bank, condemned the image. "This is what occupation looks like. This is what military control over a civilian population looks like," one member wrote on the group's Facebook page.
The image has been heavily criticised online. Electronic Intifada, a news site focused on Palestinian issues, described the photograph as "tasteless and dehumanising". The site published several other images from Ostrovski's Instagram page, including snaps of the soldier posing with heavy-duty guns.
The Israeli military has been hit by a series of scandals from uncensored social media sites, and Electronic Intifada has been one of the more rigorous monitors of offensive postings by Israeli soldiers.
In December, the site discovered Nisim Asis, a 22-year-old soldier from the Beit-El settlement, who posted racist images on his Instagram page, including a picture of himself licking what is probably tomato ketchup from a knife with the caption: "Fuck all Arabs their blood is tasty".
In another unrelated incident, an infantry corps soldier was recently sentenced to 14 days in military prison for posting a picture of himself beside a handcuffed and blindfolded Palestinian on Facebook.
In both these incidents, and the similar case of a female IDF soldier who uploaded lewd images of herself with Palestinian detainees several years ago, military discipline was deemed adequate and criminal investigations dropped.

C_R

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
In December, the site discovered Nisim Asis, a 22-year-old soldier from the Beit-El settlement, who posted racist images on his Instagram page, including a picture of himself licking what is probably tomato ketchup from a knife with the caption: "Fuck all Arabs their blood is tasty".

"this shit stinks and is shit so I will lick and eat it and it's delicious."

is he just jealous their blood is tasty? what is the real message, man?!

b2ux

Banned
This user was banned
That is just MAJORLY Fucked Up!!:unreal:

not at all i cant count how many times ive had kids in the cross hairs of my rifle so what.... there not the target they didnt get shot thats just the way it is when people let there kids play in a war zone ....not many that have served in iraq or afgan can say the same thing they have had tons of kids in the cross hairs again its just looking around to see whos who this moo-ron just took a pic of it which was stupid ......

Lixen

Forum Veteran
not at all i cant count how many times ive had kids in the cross hairs of my rifle so what.... there not the target they didnt get shot thats just the way it is when people let there kids play in a war zone ....not many that have served in iraq or afgan can say the same thing they have had tons of kids in the cross hairs again its just looking around to see whos who this moo-ron just took a pic of it which was stupid ......
Idiot Israeli for sure. But we know it's the IDF since the kid in question isn't shown with his brains splattered all over the ground.

deadpuppet

Forum Veteran
Accidents are one thing, but that fact that you are so blase about aiming a gun at children's heads by saying, "so what", makes it truly remarkable that you should still be a gun owner.

Geemonster

What an arsehole
Short Bussed
Accidents are one thing, but that fact that you are so blase about aiming a gun at children's heads by saying, "so what", makes it truly remarkable that you should still be a gun owner.

The reason i lost my temper and called him the K word..a child for fucks sake..even in jest is inexcusable.

KingFate

Légion Blanche
The reason i lost my temper and called him the K word..a child for fucks sake..even in jest is inexcusable.

It's perfectly understandable, but you are always welcome to make an Uncensored Version of the news and vent out all your frustrations. Or you can post in the "what pissed you off" and link to this thread in there. ;)

Geemonster

What an arsehole
Short Bussed
It's perfectly understandable, but you are always welcome to make an Uncensored Version of the news and vent out all your frustrations. Or you can post in the "what pissed you off" and link to this thread in there. ;)

I disagree! Perfectly understandable..maybe in your head.

b2ux

Banned
This user was banned
another stupid comment from someone never in a war zone.... hey stupid did you know they use children as bombs and use them as snipers in a lot of countries. yes you target them and yes you look at what there doing through the scope no you don't take pictures of them.... only a fool who dosen't value his or her life would think a kid just cause he or she is a kid wouldn't do you harm. how many did hamas and sissybulla send into bars and across the border strapped with explosives to blow themselves up.. how many were used in iraq.. vietnam.. even in serbia... you cant think just cause there kids there safe, nope that mentality will get you killed real quick......

The military use of children takes three distinct forms: children can take direct part in hostilities (child soldiers), or they can be used in support roles such as porters, spies, messengers, look outs; or they can be used for political advantage either as human shields or in propaganda.
Throughout history and in many cultures, children have been extensively involved in military campaigns even when such practices were against cultural morals. Since the 1970s, a number of international conventions have come into effect that try to limit the participation of children in armed conflicts, nevertheless the Coalition to Stop the Use of Child Soldiers reports that the use of children in military forces, and the active participation of children in armed conflicts is widespread.

A Chinese Nationalist soldier, age 10, member of a Chinese division from the X Force, boarding planes in Burma bound for China

Last edited:
Back