It's That Time Of Year Again (1 Viewer)

Ivan Drago

ÜberApocaZealot
With Christmas coming up we all know why Black Friday is so popular. Being a Christian I know what Christmas is supposed to be all about and I certainly celebrate that, but I fucking love gifts, and we all say "Merry Christmas" to one another, but let's face facts. Take away the gifts and suddenly, it's not so merry for many of us. Black Friday is nucking futs! People yelling at one another, shoving others aside and even get into scraps over significant markdowns on popular products. We all think we are getting unbelievable deals. What an illusion. lol

People participate in Black Friday in São Paulo, Brazil, on November 23, 2018. (*Black Friday in Brazil!? You could lose your life over a PS5!)

1.png

Shoppers stand on the sidelines of a crowd that has gathered following the release of specially priced video games at a Black Friday sale at a Wal-Mart.

2.png

Shoppers try to work their way through the crowd that mobbed the Wal-Mart in Duarte, California, shortly after the retail giant opened its doors at 5 a.m., 25 November 2005, the day after Thanksgiving. Known as "Black Friday", the day after Thanksgiving is considered the traditional kick-off for the Christmas shopping season.

3.png

A general view of the inbound area of the Amazon.com MPX5 fulfillment center on November 17, 2017 in Castel San Giovanni, Italy. Established in 2014, the 100.000 sq. meters warehouse employs a workforce of 1.600 people who processed 1.2 million items during the last Black Friday.

4.png

Haulage trucks sit at loading bays at an Amazon.com Inc. fulfillment center in this aerial photograph in Frankenthal, Germany, on Tuesday, Oct. 13, 2020.

5.png

A crowd lines up to get on an escalator inside Macy's department store November 25, 2011 in New York after the midnight opening to begin the "Black Friday" shopping weekend.

6.png

Shoppers crowd a Wal-Mart store in Oakland, California, U.S., on Friday, Nov. 28, 2008. U.S. retailers opened their doors at midnight and discounted merchandise as much as 70 percent on the day after Thanksgiving to entice customers during what may be the worst holiday shopping season in six years.

7.png

Okiyyah Lyons navigates through the crowd of early bird shoppers in the shoe department at the Belk store at Streets of Southpoint in Durham, North Carolina, at 4:00 a.m., Friday, November 26, 2010.

8.png

Thousands of people in Colombia faces overlong lines to take advantage of a day lifting of sales tax, in midst of pandemic and quarantine by the novel coronavirus COVID-19 with more than 10,000 new confirmed cases in the past few days in Bogota, Colombia on June 19, 2020. The plan of Colombiaâs President, Ivan Duque to reactivate the economy turned into an epidemiological nightmare as crowds gathered at large retailers in the midst of a pandemic, the first of three days without sales tax.

9.png

Early morning shoppers await the 5:00am opening of a Wal-Mart store, in Panorama City, California, 23 November 2007. The day after Thanksgiving, known as "Black Friday," marks the start of the 2007 holiday shopping season with crowds of shoppers waiting overnight in long lines in the hopes of getting bargains on one of the busiest shopping days of the year.

10.png

Shoppers wait in line to enter a Best Buy on November 26, 2015 in San Diego, California.

11.png

Shoppers wait in line while shopping at Toys"R"Us during the Black Friday sales event on November 27, 2009 in Fort Worth, Texas.

12.png

Employee Breelyn Caddell takes direction while playing the part of a customer during a Black Friday rehearsal at the Best Buy in Denver, CO November 23, 2013. Employees practiced Black Friday scenarios, managing crowds and organizing lines. Sales Manager Kevin Ribbens said it is especially useful for employees that have never worked on the busiest shopping day of the year.

13.png

Shoppers buy TV sets at a supermarket during a Black Friday sale in Sao Paulo, Brazil, on November 28, 2019.

14.png

Bill M

The Murricane
Surprised they call it black Friday. Just saying
Cultural appropriation Friday

Surly BLM have been celebrating Black Friday since March,
In nigger culture celebrate = riot, loot & steal

But back to the original post. I’ve never gone to a physical retail store for Black Friday sales, I’ve only shopped online on Black Friday twice (and I could have got the same deal a week later), and have only gone to a mall once for Boxing Day sales which was a monumental waste of time and put me in a homicidal rage.

I think you’re mentally ill if you want to sit in a lawn chair waiting overnight and then literally fight other lunatics for some bullshit sale to save $50 on some crap you likely didn’t need.

McM

Forum Veteran
Yeah, nowadays you get good prices all the time when you look and compare online.
No need for standing IN LINE for a TV. WTF!
Do they have that this year too? You'd need a real respirator with a set of filters in this crowd.

mrln

silent ghost
Surprised they call it black Friday. Just saying
that might change now. i wouldnt doubt it nor wold it surprise me.

i see a bunch of fucking greed,when people start scrapping. or trying to take items from peoples hands or carts. you want a good deal? wait for the after christmas sales. things will be cheaper. plus ive never participated in that bullshit,nor will i ever. now a days all one needs to do is compare. like Mcm mentioned. people want your money so bad,they will price match.

AnalJesus22

Banned
Christmas has always been a shithole for me the best part is the gifts u get and for God's sake fuck Santa cluase always hated that mofo since I was a kid

Guipago

Forum Veteran
Xmas is a Christian take over of a pagan festival, Christians took over other pagan festivals to make them their 'own' & gather the crowds to their own beliefs & convert the 'sinners'. No one really knows or can put a date on when the man Jesus was really born, it's just not recorded.

Brainfart

I'm sorry if I have offended you
Xmas is a Christian take over of a pagan festival, Christians took over other pagan festivals to make them their 'own' & gather the crowds to their own beliefs & convert the 'sinners'. No one really knows or can put a date on when the man Jesus was really born, it's just not recorded.
Here's an interesting bit of info...I saw this on a doco called zeitgeist a long time ago...
an interesting story
about the three stars that create ‘the belt’ in the constellation of Orion: Alnitak, Alnilam and Mintaka. As the three stars rise in the evening sky of December 24th, they were supposed to point to the dawn on the morning of the 25th, three days after the Winter solstice, the shortest day of the year. Thus in both pagan lore and Christmas stories we have a rising sun, three days after a dying sun, that gives hope to the world that everything is going to be okay: we’re going to have another growing season and harvest. More importantly, the three stars were sometimes known to the ancients as ‘The Three Kings‘ part of the elusive and enigmatic “Star of Bethlehem” legend of the Christmas story. For some historians, these all seems to tie in with actual, and therefore verifiable astronomical events. Let’s see if the do.

Users who are viewing this thread