Killer Machines Vol 1 (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

DeadCold

Rookie
a10warthog1.jpg

We always talk about dead people, dead animals, etc, but do we ever talk about the ones causing it? Well my friends, Id like to intro you to something that causes a mess load of death, and she isnt that pretty. Of course unless you are being rescued by her, then she is gorgeous as fuck. But compared to other killer machines, what makes her an amazing killer? First off, her name is the A-10 Warthog, and might I say, you really dont want to piss in her cornflakes.

The A-10 Warthog, is technically a Gatling gun with a plane built around it. Its equipt with a 30×173 mm GAU-8/A Avenger autocannon. One of the most powerful aircraft cannons ever flown, it fires large depleted uranium armor-piercing shells. The GAU-8 is a hydraulically driven seven-barrel rotary cannon designed specifically for the anti-tank role with a high rate of fire. The cannon's original design could be switched by the pilot to 2,100 or 4,200 rounds per minute; (RPM) this was later changed to a fixed rate of 3,900 rounds per minute.(RPM) The cannon takes about half a second to reach top speed, so 50 rounds are fired during the first second, 65 or 70 rounds per second thereafter. The gun is accurate enough to place 80 percent of its shots within a 40-foot (12.4 m) diameter circle from 4,000 feet (1,220 m) while in flight.The GAU-8 is optimized for a slant range of 4,000 feet (1,220 m) with the A-10 in a 30-degree dive. So yes, this is one of the reasons, she is a cunt in the sky.

This wasnt the only thing that makes her stand out. She is also designed to, and I quote:
The A-10 is exceptionally tough, being able to survive direct hits from armor-piercing and high-explosive projectiles up to 23 mm. It has double-redundant hydraulic flight systems, and a mechanical system as a back up if hydraulics are lost. Flight without hydraulic power uses the manual reversion control system; pitch and yaw control engages automatically, roll control is pilot-selected. In manual reversion mode, the A-10 is sufficiently controllable under favorable conditions to return to base, though control forces are greater than normal. The aircraft is designed to be able to fly with one engine, one half of the tail, one elevator, and half of a wing missing
Here is two photos I could find of missing wing stuff:
main-qimg-84e182b102fe943990dfec23172cc2e1-c.jpg

damaged-a10.jpg

I know of another incident where she lost 2/3 of her wing, and still made it home. I cannot find a photo of it, but I believe I saw this in a video. Video? Yes, I have a few videos on Youtube for you to see of her in practice, and also taking out an taliban escapee.

Here she is, just in practice. No, its not someone farting. Its her canons with those RPMs we talked about.

There is a video of her here taking out an escapee:
(warning: real video of taking,,,ah never mind about the warning LOL)

Video of saving ground troops:

And a doc about her. Sorry its in parts:

Well, again, when it comes too attack planes, the A-10 Warthog, is absolutely devastating. Now I hope you see why.

ae2b26160e1ebaf5d8e0cbeac267194d.jpg

The 2A3 originated during the Cold War as a response to the United States' new "Pentomic Division" tactical doctrine that emphasized heavy use of nuclear weapons including nuclear artillery. The US M65 cannon was introduced in 1952 and deployed in Germany in 1953. The Soviet Union started its own program to develop a 406mm self-propelled howitzer capable of firing nuclear projectiles, codenamed 'Objekt 271'.
Kondensator had an exceptionally short service life. Following a period of extensive testing the weapons were assigned to the Artillery High Command reserve. There they remained in service until the military reforms of Nikita Khrushchev were enacted, favouring more effective missile systems over the super-heavy artillery and heavy tanks of the Stalinist era.
All four Kondensator howitzers were retired in the mid-1960s. One of the weapons was placed on static display at the Central Armed Forces Museum in Moscow.

Attachments

• 2A3S_kondensator02.jpg
    2A3S_kondensator02.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 95
  • images.jpeg.jpg
    images.jpeg.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 92
  • kondensator.jpg
    kondensator.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 91
Back