Kim Dotcom eligible for extradition to US - High Court of NZ (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

D.O.A.

We are Kings
After all these years.. his luck has finally ran out. This guy will be fucked in prison, if he asked me for a cigarette it would cost at least a helicopter or a really nice car. He is German tho so the aryan brotherhood might adopt him.

The High Court has found Kim Dotcom and his three co-accused, Mathias Ortmann, Bram van der Kolk, and Finn Batato, are eligible for extradition to the United States.

The US Government has been seeking extradition of the accused to face trial on 13 counts including conspiracy to commit racketeering, wire fraud, money laundering and copyright infringement.

High Court Justice Murray Gilbert on Monday released the court's findings upholding a District Court decision that Dotcom and his three co-accused could be extradited on some charges.

But he supported an argument put forward by Dotcom's legal team that he couldn't be extradited on copyright infringement grounds because the allegation against him is not a criminal offence in New Zealand.

However the High Court found "a conspiracy to commit copyright infringement amounts to a conspiracy to defraud and is therefore an extradition offence listed in the US-NZ Treaty.

"Further, other extradition pathways are available for all counts because of their correlation to a number of serious crimes in the Crimes Act."

The US claims that the appellants and others were members of a worldwide criminal organisation that engaged in criminal copyright infringement and money laundering on a massive scale with estimated loss to copyright holders well in excess of USD 500 million, which they term the "Mega Conspiracy".

mrln

silent ghost
who cares! he ripped off music and movie studios! so the govt is gunna waste our tax dollars (which is probably gunna be a shitload of money) to extradite these clowns? why don't the music/film industry foot that bill!?! why do we,as tax payers have to pay this bill. they didn't rip me off. they ripped the industry off! so in turn the govt is ripping us off,again. take everything they own. cash in on it. done. I'm sure the states isn't the only place they did crooked business.

D.O.A.

We are Kings
who cares! he ripped off music and movie studios! so the govt is gunna waste our tax dollars (which is probably gunna be a shitload of money) to extradite these clowns? why don't the music/film industry foot that bill!?! why do we,as tax payers have to pay this bill. they didn't rip me off. they ripped the industry off! so in turn the govt is ripping us off,again. take everything they own. cash in on it. done. I'm sure the states isn't the only place they did crooked business.

I bet he's thinking "holy fuck Julian assange apparently raped an entire election process, showed us who funds isis, broke hillarys postfix server, uncovered diplomats as spies, the diplomatic cables (Sarkozy 'the emperor with no clothes' etc) and showed the extent saudi influence over the whitehouse... and he's a internet superstar"

"...Some guy uploads Frozen and Transformers and the jews fuck my asshole to the diameter of a dinner plate and drag me to pelican bay"

Back