Lamb of God Singer arrested for Manslaughter in Prague (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Douggle

Resident Weeaboo.
I know this is a few days old but still relevant

Lamb Of God's Randy Blythe Detained For Manslaughter In Prague

Singer could face up to 10 years in prison if found guilty in a 2010 incident that left one concertgoer dead.

By Ryan J. DowneyLamb of God's D. Randall "Randy" Blythe was detained in Prague this week. The heavy-metal singer could face five to 10 years in prison for an alleged altercation at a 2010 Lamb of God show that reportedly left a concertgoer dead, according to Czech media outlet Novinky.Early reports indicate the incident involved a man repeatedly rushing the stage from the crowd. He was ejected from the stage and later died of head injuries sustained during the alleged altercation, according to Novinky and WTVR, the CBS News affiliate in Lamb of God's hometown of Richmond, Virginia.Lamb of God canceled a show at the Rock Cafe in Prague Thursday after the singer was brought in for questioning. Some reports say he was arrested and charged with "the crime of bodily harm of 4th degree and resulting in the death of a fan," however, representatives for the band say he hasn't been formally charged.Randy's brother, Mark Blythe, told WTVR the manslaughter charge is "bogus and outrageous and will be dropped immediately."The band tweeted the hashtag #FreeRandyBlythe late Thursday. (Blythe deleted his once extremely active personal Twitter account earlier this summer).Maria Ferrero, the Grammy-nominated band's longtime publicist, told MTV News that Lamb of God's management will not comment in full on the matter until Monday. "As no formal charges have yet been made and the case is only in the investigation stages, it would be premature to make an official statement filled with false truths or innuendos," she said in an email to the press."Having said that, management wished to address today one false piece of information that has been included in many of the news stories released so far," she continued. "Under no circumstances was there a fight of any kind involved. This incident deals with a fan that three times during the concert jumped the barricade and rushed Randy during the performance. It is alleged that the third time, security was not able to reach him and that Randy pushed him back into the audience where supposedly he fell and hit his head. Again, until the investigation is concluded this weekend, nothing more will be released, but clarity and the facts needed to be addressed on this one reported point which is totally inaccurate."The alleged incident took place during a show at Prague's Club Abaton in May, 2010. Friday night's (June 29) show in Germany is still listed on the band's official Facebook page, as well as a show on Sunday in Finland. Lamb Of God is currently on tour in support of Resolution, which debuted at #3 on the Billboard 200 in January.

Gorgutz

Post-Mortem
No_fucks_given.png

:rage: Metal Up Your Ass!! :rage:
>implying metalcore is metal

VIIIXIII

Hush
I don't know how I hadn't heard of this... oh, wait, yes I do! It's bullshit, and LoG sucks!

whoooooooooooooAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH-HE IS IN A MOTHERFUFUCKING IMITATION JAIL!

Time Bomb

Tic Toc, Tic Toc
LOG is a great band! I've been to hundreds of shows and they're always crazy. Check out some Napalm Death footage and you'll see tons of stage divers. The dude was drunk, the security sucked and he found out he couldn't fly the hard way! Unless Randy dropped his mic, waited for the dude and heaved the shit out of him.. I don't see a justifiable lawsuit. Hope you get out soon Randy
:beer:

Airbornemama

Something Ironic...
This user was banned
LOG is a great band! I've been to hundreds of shows and they're always crazy. Check out some Napalm Death footage and you'll see tons of stage divers. The dude was drunk, the security sucked and he found out he couldn't fly the hard way! Unless Randy dropped his mic, waited for the dude and heaved the shit out of him.. I don't see a justifiable lawsuit. Hope you get out soon Randy
:beer:
I could not have said it better myself!;)( Except I haven't been to HUNDRED'S of death metal show's) Oh, and NICE post Douggle!

kibagirl1212

is a ghoul
so my understanding is that some douchebag rushed the guy three times, Blythe defended himself, and the idiot accidentally hit his head and died? that doesn't sound like manslaughter to me; more like natural selection at work.:rolleyes:

Back