Latest: Missing Iowa Girls (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

KG

stalking
I've never heard of law enforcement putting up award money for missing people. It;s the families that put it up and most of it comes from donations and fund raisers. I take that back I've known of them to if it's a known ransom type of thing and thats only because they know they will get it back. I understand the families wanting to keep the girls in the news but get a damn spokesperson and get your ass out there and search. This will not end well if it ends at all I'm afraid.

D.N.R.

Medication time
At this point it's highly likely they are dead but I can't help but think of Jacee Duggard and Elizabeth Smart who were found alive after an extended period of time. There's always the slightest bit of hope.

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Iowa cousins still missing after a month

Published 3:36 a.m., Monday, August 13, 2012

EVANSDALE, Iowa (AP) — Two Iowa girls have been missing for a month, but the FBI says leads make investigators believe the girls are still alive.

Ten-year-old Lyric Cook and her cousin Elizabeth Collins, who has since turned 9, were reported missing July 13 from the Waterloo suburb of Evansdale. The bikes were found at a nearby lake about four hours after their grandmother had last seen them.

The Des Moines Register says FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault (broh) would not discuss the leads nor say whether investigators believe the girls were kidnapped for ransom, abducted by a relative or abducted by a nonrelative.

The likelihood of finding abducted children alive drops as time goes on, but Breault and others say it's important for relatives and investigators to not give up hope.

Source

ElizabethBathory

Hilf Siegen
Iowa cousins still missing after a month

Published 3:36 a.m., Monday, August 13, 2012

EVANSDALE, Iowa (AP) — Two Iowa girls have been missing for a month, but the FBI says leads make investigators believe the girls are still alive.

Ten-year-old Lyric Cook and her cousin Elizabeth Collins, who has since turned 9, were reported missing July 13 from the Waterloo suburb of Evansdale. The bikes were found at a nearby lake about four hours after their grandmother had last seen them.

The Des Moines Register says FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault (broh) would not discuss the leads nor say whether investigators believe the girls were kidnapped for ransom, abducted by a relative or abducted by a nonrelative.

The likelihood of finding abducted children alive drops as time goes on, but Breault and others say it's important for relatives and investigators to not give up hope.

Source

Thank you very much for the information, This is terrible... how sad it is to know about people despairing ....Hopefully they'll find them alive... :(

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Missing Iowa Girl's Mother Searching for Tips

August 15, 2012 09:35 PM EDT

Heather Collins, mother of missing 9-year-old Iowa girl, Elizabeth Collins, has been driving to Iowa's State Fair in Des Moines every day, manning the booth dedicated to her daughter and her 10-year-old niece, Lyric Cook-Morrissey. She's working hard to get the word out about the girls, despite having a serious heart condition. "I pray every morning and all through the day, just, 'Lord, give me strength to keep going and keep moving on,'" said Collins.

She has been joined by another mother who has suffered the same tragedy. Noreen Gosch, the mother of Johnny Gosch, the Des Moines paperboy who disappeared in 1982, joined Collins Wednesday at the booth at the fair.

Johnny has never been located, but his mother claims he visited her in 1997, after escaping from his captors, telling her he must remain in hiding under an assumed identity to protect himself from the human trafficking ring that abducted him. This has never been confirmed.

Lyric and Elizabeth left their grandmother's house around noon on July 13th and haven't been seen since. Their bikes were found near Meyers Lake in Evansdale, Iowa. Authorities believe they are alive, but aren't providing any information as to what substantiates this belief. Hopefully, they are right.

Speculation about the girls has been rampant. Some members of their family have somewhat unsavory backgrounds, with drug and assault charges flowing freely. Lyric's father is due back in court later this month, after being granted a continuance to look for his daughter and niece. It's been suggested that other drug dealers have taken the girls to insure Dan Morrissey keeps certain information to himself.

It has also been implied that the girl's uncle, Jeremiah Cook, who suffered a drug overdose shortly after the girls disappeared, may have had something to do with their disappearance. Human trafficking, registered sex offenders, and family member abduction have also been suggested.

Surely, the girls' parents want to know what's happening to them, but it's more important that the girls are returned home soon. The rest will fall into place.

There is a box at the fair to give anonymous tips. There is also a $50,000 reward offered for information leading to the girls' whereabouts. If you have seen them, or know anything, please speak up. Lack of new information has media attention drifting. Nobody wants these girls to disappear into the sea of missing children that have never been found, like Johnny Gosch or Jill Cutshall.

Source

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Mother of missing Iowa girl hospitalised after 'going on a
drinking binge and then becoming unresponsive'

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
PUBLISHED: 14:36 GMT, 22 August 2012 | UPDATED: 15:17 GMT, 22 August 2012

The mother of one of two Iowa cousins missing for more than a month was taken to a hospital after police found her unresponsive at a relative’s home, police say.

Misty Morrissey was taken Monday to Allen Hospital, according to a police report obtained by the The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier.

Morrissey is the mother of 10-year-old Lyric Cook. She and her cousin, Elizabeth Collins, who has since turned 9, were reported missing July 13 from the Waterloo suburb of Evansdale.

Authorities believe the girls were abducted.
Police Lt. Michael McNamee says a relative says Morrissey was at the hospital earlier Monday and was given medication.

He said she drank alcohol and the relative grew alarmed when she couldn’t be wakened.

The hospital says Morrissey wasn’t listed as a patient Tuesday.

Cousins Lyric and Elizabeth went missing after leaving to ride their bikes in Evansdale, just miles from their home in Waterloo.

Mr Morrissey has come under intense scrutiny from police because of his ties to the local methamphetamine trade. But authorities have said he is not considered a suspect is the girls' disappearance.

A surveillance camera on an auction barn shows Lyric and Elizabeth riding their bicycles away from Meyers Lake in Evansdale, Iowa, shortly after they left home on July 13.

After examining the fleeting footage of the girls racing through a corner of the screen, police concluded that they must have been kidnapped.

Black Hawk County Chief Deputy Rick Abben told ABC News: 'It looked kind of grainy, I mean just -- zoom -- they were by the thing and so it's very hard to really make much out of the thing.'

He added: 'The girls were less than a block from the house when this camera captured them riding by, important to note they were riding away from Meyers Lake.'

The footage, taken just after noon, runs in accordance with the police timeline of the case.

Authorities found the girls' bikes and a purse on a path, hours after they were reported missing in Evansdale, a northeast Iowa town of 4,700.

FBI bloodhounds picked up on the girls' apparent scent near the lake last week and investigators have ruled out the possibility of drowning.

An extensive search involving local, state and federal investigators has failed to find them. FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault said there was 'nothing new' about the case Tuesday.

Ms Breault stood by her assertion, first made Saturday, that investigators believe the girls are alive.

'They are not going to reveal the reasons why. You wouldn't want them to do that. It would jeopardize the investigation and the children,' she said.

David Finkelhor, director of the Crimes Against Children Research Center at the University of New Hampshire, said that claim means investigators could 'have something quite important' for evidence.

He said cases of two children being abducted by a stranger were rare since it would be hard for one person to control both, which makes the common motive of sexual gratification less likely in this case.

He said it makes sense to look into whether the abduction is linked to the pending drug charges against Mr Morrissey.

In other cases, children have been kidnapped by rivals out of retaliation or held hostage to prevent incriminating testimony, he said.

Read more:

Pic: Misty Morrissey, mother of missing Lyric Cook, pictured with husband Dan Morrissey
misty-morrisey-mom-of-lyric-cook-dan-morrisey.jpg

KG

stalking
Such a tragic story. I'm still not convinced they are alive. The reason being they won't tell why and if they did think they were alive that would mean that they had an idea of who could have them in that case there would be more action on this case which it seems to not be.

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Yep, I agree. And after this long I am starting to think that it boils down to the police not having a single clue about what happened to the girls: sexual predator, drug traffickers, family, fell off the earth. But I suppose that they can't go around saying they don't know shit when it comes to two girls missing, finding their bikes so soon afterwards, video, etc. The public would go nuts and that PD would have a huge nightmare on it's hands in a flash.

I think that the cops there are doing what they can but we've not seen a single thing that they can go on.

That or they do know who and why but the elements of the abduction are so delicate that they can't say anything for fear of the girls being killed (if they already haven't been) if they were to release any details to the public and then never finding out who, why or where the bodies are. This would apply only if they have somehow been in contact with whoever took the two youngsters - but still have no clear suspect/s or locations. Those poor kids could be anywhere.

As time continues to go on, this one is just not looking good in terms of the girls being found alive, if found at all.

KG

stalking
Sadly, the reason this is not on all the news channels and all over the net is because of the type of family this is. I have seen one news story on this and everything else is from you DeathHand. The police don't have a clue as to what happened to these girls and in my opinion they really don't care.

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Sadly, the reason this is not on all the news channels and all over the net is because of the type of family this is. I have seen one news story on this and everything else is from you DeathHand. The police don't have a clue as to what happened to these girls and in my opinion they really don't care.
This one is going very differently than the 3 sisters and the mother that went missing a few months back and after the older sister and mother were found dead the younger to were only found by accident - even though they were not that far from their hometown. They had a suspect in that case but still had no clue where the younger girls had been taken and why.

And you're right, I see nothing on the news about this latest case in Iowa unless I go checking remote news outlets that have nothing more to report that the larger ones do. But the cops have to keep this one out there and keep the kids' pictures fresh in people's minds. Something has to know something and something has to bust soon.

KG

stalking
This one is going very differently than the 3 sisters and the mother that went missing a few months back and after the older sister and mother were found dead the younger to were only found by accident - even though they were not that far from their hometown. They had a suspect in that case but still had no clue where the younger girls had been taken and why.

And you're right, I see nothing on the news about this latest case in Iowa unless I go checking remote news outlets that have nothing more to report than the larger outlets do. But the cops have to keep this one out there and keep the kids' pictures fresh in people's minds. Someone knows something and something has to bust soon.

I agree with you. The fact remains that 2 young innocent children have vanished without a trace. That needs to be the focus and not what type of family background they come from. Kids don't pick their families.

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Missing Iowa Girls:
Lyric's Birthday Just Around the Corner

September 24, 2012 10:36 AM EDT

A bottle drive for missing Iowa girls Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins was held on Saturday, bringing in an estimated $1,000 to raise awareness about the two girls. That isn't the only update. It was revealed that the birthday of Lyric Cook is on October 2nd, which is just around the corner. Will these two girls be found before that day comes?

This news source revealed that classmates, friends of the two girls and teachers are invited to participate in a sort of birthday party for the missing girl. The event will be held on October 2nd at Countryside Vineyard Church in Evansdale. It will begin at 6:00 p.m., and there will be activities for kids as well as refreshments.

That leaves a little over a week between now and then, so will there be any positive updates in the investigation by that day? Probably not if the near past serves as any indication of the future.

There haven't been any investigative updates in the media for the two missing Iowa cousins in several weeks. In fact, the FBI has not yet confirmed their belief that the girls are alive in quite some time.

Is that hope dwindling?

Source

missing-person-report.jpg

Tooly

Tier One
Sometimes you gotta wish that after all this time that they are dead! Otherwise, what incomprehensible shit are they being put through?:(

Back