Latest updates and pictures from the BP oil spill (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Phette

Banned
This user was banned
Latest updates and pictures from the BP oil spill

Even though Hurricane Alex is hundreds of miles away from the Gulf oil spill, it continues to hamper containment efforts as outlined below. The hurricane is just the most recent chapter in a series of negatives stories on the spill. The disaster has now been ongoing for over 70 days with seemingly no end in sight. Here are the latest updates on the BP oil spill.

- The most recent projected path for Hurricane Alex has it turning in a more southerly direction and impacting the coastline of Mexico. While the Hurricane will not almost assuredly not directly hit the oil spill, the spin created by the giant storm has had an impact on relief efforts. First, BP has delayed the arrival of a third vessel to the source of the leak because of the rough seas. The third vessel could double the capacity of current containment efforts. Secondly, the powerful storm has created wind patterns that have generally pushed oil north and west. This has kept oil largely away from Florida, but more oil is now impacting Louisiana and Mississippi. Finally, the rough seas created by the storm have further reduced the effectiveness of boom along the shore and suspended the operation of many skimmers.

- British Petroleum contained or flared a little over 23,000 barrels on Monday. The company captured or flared about 12,000 barrels of oil in the first 12 hours of Tuesday's operation. BP is now consistently collecting around 23,000 to 25,000 barrels each day out of the 35,000 to 60,000 estimated to be leaking in the Gulf.

- The most recent projection map for the oil spill has more heavy oil continuing to impact Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida over the next few days. As mentioned above, Hurricane Alex seems to be pushing the oil spill in the wrong direction for Gulf Coast residents. CNN has compiled an updates list of closed and open beaches in each state.

- In response to the crisis, President Obama continues to push for an energy bill to reduce petroleum independence. Democrats signaled a willingness to skim down the bill in order to gain the support of one or two moderate Republicans.

100630005457BoomOil.jpg

100630125804GulfOilSpill1.jpg

100630125805GulfOilSpill3.jpg

100630125807GulfOilSpill7.jpg

D.O.A.

We are Kings
Seriously the BPtards that caused that shit need to be drilled by 5 black guys until they leak for months. That's some fucked up shit above :(

Even a complete moron would have expected a huge corporate monster like BP to have had contingency plans in place for something like this, but no! They thought they could gamble with our planet and they fucked up!!! To what magnitude? It will take years maybe even decades to ascertain.....They should be forced to commit every resource they have to cleaning up this shit, even if it means the ultimate collapse of the company.....it's fucking unforgivable what these bastards have done!!!

unclb

Forum Veteran
But they been continuing to cleaning up; least not us all to forget!
Because we won't bitches...

unclb

Forum Veteran
I ratted mafia out that showed up in a stretch limo aligned simultaneously with the EPA for dumping killer chemicals (where my peeps were getting sick} & still lived to talk about it *(until now-bcz i nvr did talk abt it) & I won't bcz some of us are still alive!

McM

ARSELING
I ratted mafia out that showed up in a stretch limo aligned simultaneously with the EPA for dumping killer chemicals (where my peeps were getting sick} & still lived to talk about it *(until now-bcz i nvr did talk abt it) & I won't bcz some of us are still alive!

It's all roger, Larry ?

lachen5 - klein.jpg

Back