Limo crash kills 22 (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Smokinrav

Fucking asshole pot smoker
My 2004 Excursion has a payload of just 1800 lbs, quite low for a F250 Super Duty chassis. I think it was even lower in 2001. 20 people and their shit probably tops 4000 lbs, and I can't see how nearly tripling the length of it increases payload by that much.

Also, just minutes before the crash one victim inside texted a family member about the deplorable condition of the truck.
The passengers were going to a suprise party. At least 4 sets of husband and wives were killed.
One more interesting tidbit, the Excursion limo was an emergency replacement for a bus that got cancelled at the last minute. Bet that dude feels like shit now.
No, no seat belts in back....

Reactions: McM

Tooly

Tier One
I find it crazy the big overland buses have no seatbelts at all.
Australia had two bad bus crashes nearly 30 years ago that killed 35 and 22 respectively. New buses have seat belts, but a lot of people still don't wear them. Crazy.

Reactions: McM

Darth Pepe

Memesterführer
This user was banned
Australia had two bad bus crashes nearly 30 years ago that killed 35 and 22 respectively. New buses have seat belts, but a lot of people still don't wear them. Crazy.

I crashed a car in the early 1990's and the drivers side panels were pretty much peeled off like a sardine can, had i been wearing a seat belt i wouldn't have survived that crash.

McM

ARSELING

Yep, it's the same here I think. They debated over mandatory seat belts years ago, but it wasn't established.

Tooly

Tier One
I crashed a car in the early 1990's and the drivers side panels were pretty much peeled off like a sardine can, had i been wearing a seat belt i wouldn't have survived that crash.
I hit a tree at 70 mph, and I would be dead now if I hadn't worn seat belt.

McM

ARSELING

Had a deeper search now: Seems they introduced a rule here in 2006 that seat belts are mandatory (or 30 bucks), beside the public buses in the city which have passengers standing most of the time. They are allowed to 60 km/h speed only. Didn't know that.

McM

ARSELING
For many years, the large school buses did not require seat belts. That is starting to change in some states.

Here they haven't. But just read many schools have a 'bus-school' now, where they teach them how to behave in the bus. :lol:
I would never use a tram/bus/train during rush hours from the schools in the city here. Too overcrowded. Wasn't this bad when I used to ride by train to school '72 - '77, enough space and time to get your 'forgotten' homework done.

Smokinrav

Fucking asshole pot smoker
Just read about an anonymous cop telling a reporter that the massive 6.8.L V10 shot back into the passenger area as the bodies piled up in the front of the truck on impact. I so want pictures!

Back