Lisa McPherson photos (rotten.com) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

redghost

Rookie
This was the first death I seen online when I was 12 years old. It was—haunting. I remember the story being creepy as well. Scientology is total
scam, it amazes me how easily people turn to these [religious] practices; bunch of weak minds.

• Lisa McPherson died in December 1995 after arriving at a Florida hospital with no pulse and not breathing according to medical records
  • It was later revealed in court filings that prior to this she had spent 17 days kept locked in a room at the Fort Harrison, a Scientology residence in Clearwater
  • This action was taken when McPherson went to the ER after she stripped off her clothing and was found walking naked down the street following a car accident
  • Soon after arriving, Scientology members showed up to the hospital according to a doctor's report and McPherson checked out against medical advice
  • Over the next 17 days she was not spoken to as she was kept in her room, losing 40 lbs before eventually dying due to 'bed rest and severe dehydration'
  • The Church of Scientology was indicted on criminal charges in 1998 but after paying upwards of $30 million they avoided a trial in the case

Attachments

• 258D5C54-D5EF-4F06-A7CF-6C55AA30567C.jpeg
    258D5C54-D5EF-4F06-A7CF-6C55AA30567C.jpeg
    82.6 KB · Views: 696
  • DD43B257-B143-4C51-BF22-8CFE2ED56C10.jpeg
    DD43B257-B143-4C51-BF22-8CFE2ED56C10.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 663
  • 656B89A4-1480-446C-8542-B6E96F95C3A1.jpeg
    656B89A4-1480-446C-8542-B6E96F95C3A1.jpeg
    43.7 KB · Views: 673
  • DD533B43-4AF0-44E9-B63A-B8B073654931.jpeg
    DD533B43-4AF0-44E9-B63A-B8B073654931.jpeg
    137.6 KB · Views: 688
  • 640898A2-A249-49D1-A2EC-BF574E5B3D44.jpeg
    640898A2-A249-49D1-A2EC-BF574E5B3D44.jpeg
    37.3 KB · Views: 700

Flatus Tube

I have counted to infinity, twice.
Weird how people look goofy when they're dead.

Just last night I was reminiscing on my favourite verification of death assessment I went to which highlights the ‘goofy’ dead people.

It was an old man that died in his armchair reading. He had been moved in to his bed but rigor mortis had settled in before moving him. So his body was still in a sitting position but on his back, leg crossed over the other, arms out as though holding the news paper. He almost had a smile too so overall it was a funny experience. It made it easier his family had a similar dark sense of humour to me!

redghost

Rookie
There have been documentaries about this case and exactly what she went through before she died. It's disturbing to say the least.

Rotten is not up
There have been documentaries about this case and exactly what she went through before she died. It's disturbing to say the least.

Rotten is not up anymore is it?
I think the website went down in 2017 I believe. I remember the website had some interesting articles, but there was a lot of fake stuff as well.

Marsha

Rookie
This was the first death I seen online when I was 12 years old. It was—haunting. I remember the story being creepy as well. Scientology is total
scam, it amazes me how easily people turn to these [religious] practices; bunch of weak minds.

• Lisa McPherson died in December 1995 after arriving at a Florida hospital with no pulse and not breathing according to medical records
  • It was later revealed in court filings that prior to this she had spent 17 days kept locked in a room at the Fort Harrison, a Scientology residence in Clearwater
  • This action was taken when McPherson went to the ER after she stripped off her clothing and was found walking naked down the street following a car accident
  • Soon after arriving, Scientology members showed up to the hospital according to a doctor's report and McPherson checked out against medical advice
  • Over the next 17 days she was not spoken to as she was kept in her room, losing 40 lbs before eventually dying due to 'bed rest and severe dehydration'
  • The Church of Scientology was indicted on criminal charges in 1998 but after paying upwards of $30 million they avoided a trial in the case
Thanks for walk down memory of lane. I was living in Clearwater, FL. when this happened. My ex husband had to explain to me scientology, he is a sci Fi buff and was familiar with the cult. I was following the case even when she was alive. Her family went to local media and claiming the cult wouldn't let them see her and keeping her against her will. She wrote her family she was trying to get out of the cult. So family came to see what's going on, cult allowed family to see her for brief visit, there was a media war between family and cult. Family says she looks sick, needs medical attention and cult was like we are taking good care of her. She dies weeks later. Family hired renowned forensic Dr. Henry Lee for private investigaion which led to little results. Scientology is a powerful organization, famous people like Lisa Presley, John Travolta are members. Great post👌

Jon N.

Forum Veteran

those church of scientology people are idiots, almost like Jim Jones.

redghost

Rookie
Thanks for walk down memory of lane. I was living in Clearwater, FL. when this happened. My ex husband had to explain to me scientology, he is a sci Fi buff and was familiar with the cult. I was following the case even when she was alive. Her family went to local media and claiming the cult wouldn't let them see her and keeping her against her will. She wrote her family she was trying to get out of the cult. So family came to see what's going on, cult allowed family to see her for brief visit, there was a media war between family and cult. Family says she looks sick, needs medical attention and cult was like we are taking good care of her. She dies weeks later. Family hired renowned forensic Dr. Henry Lee for private investigaion which led to little results. Scientology is a powerful organization, famous people like Lisa Presley, John Travolta are members. Great post👌
Yes, I remember hearing about that - it’s crazy how this cult operates in secret as well. I think there’s something much more darker going on than we know, and what we know happened to Lisa.

Back