Logical Increments PC Buying Guide

D.O.A.

These are great days we're living, bros
Good stuff, although personally I find Lian Li worth the aluminum per kilogram it's made of and nothing more.

OP
Blaine

Blaine

Dead Meme
Oppressor
Administrator
But Rosie, it IS written in English! Here, let me see if I can put this in a way you'll understand. A PC is a lot like the human body.

Case: The skin and bones of the body. The case is a box that holds, supports and protects all of the computer's components.

Mobo (Motherboard): The muscular system. Holds and consolidates and connects most of the other components, facilitates their functioning, and serves various other miscellaneous functions. (Not a perfect analogy.)

PSU (Power Suppy Unit): The body's digestive and circulatory system. Obtains energy and provides it to other computer components.

CPU (Central Processing Unit): The human brain. Simple as that. It does calculations; that's all you need to know.

GPU (Graphics Processing Unit): The human eye. Interprets graphical data and displays it visually on the computer monitor.

HDD/SSD (Hard Disk Drive/Solid State Drive): Long-term memory. Lots of information is stored here indefinitely and can be retrieved.

RAM (Random-Access Memory): Short-term memory. Not 100% comparable to short-term memory, but it's volatile and only stores information temporarily.

D.O.A.

These are great days we're living, bros
I just picked up a asus 5770 for cheap, downloaded mafia II from piratebay and fired it up on full graphical settings. My mind was blown. I dont own or play consoles since the nintendo 64 era and my last card was a nvidia geforce something that struggled playing vice city. My system was/are always powerful enough, dual core, max ram, but i never take much notice of the graphics department.

Wow is all I can say while playing now.

waiting for starcraft 2 to finish in utorrent now :)

BUGBYTE

chown -R u§ /home/*/ba§e
man I remember when having 128K of ram and a 5 1/4 floppy were cutting edge...lol I feel old now. I'm going back under my rock.