Looking for a tablet...

High-Grade

Aint no thing...
Im looking for a tablet, new. Ive never owned one before although I have used them.

Can someone point me in the right direction. Im aiming to spend about £350, or less obvs...

Any advice thats helpful is appreciated...

Im looking for a tablet, new. Ive never owned one before although I have used them.

Can someone point me in the right direction. Im aiming to spend about £350, or less obvs...

Any advice thats helpful is appreciated...

Humungus

Forum Veteran
I have an iPad last years my son bought it for me but I hate apple like you’ve never known but stream movies and stuff from dodgy sites and it’s good,Mrs has a Samsung A6 and loves it but doesn’t look at the shit I do.

If you are looking for something new for that money buy the Samsung 10" HG .. you will not regret the purchase.... It is a very good tablet.

If you are looking for something cheaper, make sure the tablet has at least:

1) Quad Core processor or higher.
2) 4 Gbytes of RAM or higher.
3) At least 32 gbytes of internal storage.

This are the specifications of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S5:

1566603489862.png

Last edited:

McM

Krautnigger
I'm using a Samsung for some years now, never had a problem. The battery could last a bit longer but I'm using it as a reader in the bed so it's always connected to an extra-long charging cable all the time. Wasn't expensive as well, about the price you posted above ( ~300).
Android OS is a bit outdated now, they support the current models only for around 2 years with updates. I had to root it for the newest version.

Totentanz

Lurking Lurker
Preacher has the right idea for a proper tablet.

For my cheap, tech dumb ass i have used several of the Kindle Fire tablets over the years.
they are cheap, easy to use and i have purchased several for gifts to friends and fam. Are great if you have an Amazon Prime account (tons of shows/books avail), I set up each tablet I gift out to access it so we all get to use the Prime (wringing every dollar of use I can get for the yearly membership fee of $120).

$60 (8 inch 16gb) to $150 (10 inch 64kb)

I'm using a Samsung for some years now, never had a problem. The battery could last a bit longer but I'm using it as a reader in the bed so it's always connected to an extra-long charging cable all the time. Wasn't expensive as well, about the price you posted above ( ~300).
Android OS is a bit outdated now, they support the current models only for around 2 years with updates. I had to root it for the newest version.
I don't know if you know it, but if you have the tablet with root, download the program called "Autostarts"

This program serves to prevent the software from starting automatically (ex: in the background) .. you will save a lot of battery, as well as the tablet will start faster.

Disable everything, especially at boot, leave only the vital.

I remember my old Samsung Galaxy S1 starting in less than 10 seconds since I pressed the power button ...

McM

Krautnigger
you will save a lot of battery, as well as the tablet will start faster.
That was good, this Samsung was never off the charging cable for the last 3 -4 years, it's always under the pillow.
Next item is an e-pub reader anyway, I don't do much other stuff on the tablet beside reading books. Too small and this awful typing on touchscreens is not my thing.