Looking for good horror recommendations.

King0o0Icon

Asshat
My 13yo son and I have had a tradition of watching at least one horror film a weekend for the last 5 years. I have Prime, Netflix, and Hulu, plus the prime addon Shudder. We've seen hundreds but we're still looking for more.
Some of our favorites so far have been Hellraiser (1 and 3), The Ritual, Pumpkin Head, and The Devil's Candy.
As you can tell by that list, we prefer movies with a more serious tone without a lot of cheese.
Also, yes he's young, but we don't restrict ratings. Not raising a pussy...

OP
King0o0Icon

King0o0Icon

Asshat
suspiria 1977...
About the only thing I check movies for before I watch them with him is male nudity. According to imdb this has a couple penis scenes so it's off the table. I may check it out on my own though. Looks interesting.
High tension (french)
I can't get his stubborn ass to sit through a subtitled movie. Tried telling him he's missing out, especially after watching Terrified (2017). Once again, something I'll watch on my own.
Strangers is a gripper
Looking it up right now. Seems right up our alley :)
Not sure about Irreversible though. Looks like it would be either terrible or amazing, putting it on the backburner for now...

OP
King0o0Icon

King0o0Icon

Asshat
Just watched The Strangers and we both really liked it except the ending. My son beat me to it when he said, "the ending was dumb, she should've just been dead" That's my boy ?
give him a Disney then and stop trying to be dad of the year...
Pretty strongly pro-cock movie there huh? Didn't mean to hurt your feelings bud...
Or perhaps watch one or more of the great films Rob Zombie is director of.
Great suggestion but we've already seen all of them. Our favorite was Devil's Rejects. Fucking love that movie.
About to check out Last House on the Left. Looks pretty good.

SPHINCTERPUNCH

Forum Veteran
My 13yo son and I have had a tradition of watching at least one horror film a weekend for the last 5 years. I have Prime, Netflix, and Hulu, plus the prime addon Shudder. We've seen hundreds but we're still looking for more.
Some of our favorites so far have been Hellraiser (1 and 3), The Ritual, Pumpkin Head, and The Devil's Candy.
As you can tell by that list, we prefer movies with a more serious tone without a lot of cheese.
Also, yes he's young, but we don't restrict ratings. Not raising a pussy...
For a bit of a spin on the Horror thing...Check out "Hell ? Baby"(Hell Baby),from 2013...It's a good Horror flick with a comedic attitude...U'll "Bust a Gut",trust me on that,lol...SP

ghoulagain

Get to running when the Ghoul is a coming. 💀
Dawn of the dead, eventhorizon, nightmare in elm Street the remake is good in my opinion. Evil dead 1 or remake. Alien pet cemetery, night of the living dead remake. Creepshow,. Halloween 1 and 3. Just a few mainstream ones.