Man mistakes neighbor’s house for his own, kills homeowner thinking he was an intruder (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Cold Ethyl

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
A Missouri man was charged with involuntary manslaughter after he allegedly went to his neighbor’s home, thinking it was his own, then choked the homeowner to death.
Police believe Michael G. Augustine was drunk at the time he allegedly killed 60-year-old Clifton King, according to WDAF.
King died in his front yard Friday night, after he came to his door to find Augustine, one of his neighbors, trying to come inside.
Neighbors told WDAF that Augustine, who lives further down the block, believed that it was his home, and that King had broken in.
During the incident, Augustine called 911 to report that he had an intruder in a choke hold. But when officers arrived at his address, no one was there. They later found both men about a block up the street at King's house.
According to court documents, police believe Augustine was drunk because his speech was incoherent and officers noted a strong smell of alcohol.
A neighbor, who did not want her face to appear on camera because the incident has made her concerned for her own safety, said she watched paramedics try to revive King - a military veteran - for about half an hour.
"He served our country and that was not an honorable way to treat him," the woman said. "I think that it’s sad. It’s sad! Someone had to give up their life because someone was so messed up they didn’t know it wasn’t their home."
Other neighbors said that King had been homeless at one time in his life because he couldn't find a job, but since moving on the block he was friendly and kind.
Some feel guilty about not immediately calling police themselves when they heard the commotion. They said there are often arguments on the block, and some say it's better for them not to get involved.
Prosecutors have charged Augustine with first degree involuntary manslaughter, but neighbors said he's already posted bond and moved out of the area. There was no answer at his door when WDAF tried to speak with him.
mug_king.jpg

Man mistakes neighbor’s house for his own, kills homeowner thinking he was an intruder

McM

ARSELING
yeah I was drunk with a bunch of dudes at someone's joint years ago , dude wakes up from an alcoholic coma and takes a piss on the tv in front of everyone. This was back when TV's were expensive lol

Glad I was alone. The buddy has moved in a new flat before and apparently, I didn't find an appropriate place to pee. Alcoholic coma too, I have no remembrance. Next day we went to an electronic workshop to clean the shit, I paid 50 DM (25 $US). Around '86.

Walter E Kurtz

"Completely Insane"
One time I was so faded I was eating food off a towel and pouring drinks on a cup upside-down, only to realize it after trying.
That's just the foolish stuff of my drunken ass.

Brainfart

Don't take what I say seriously...
I
yeah I was drunk with a bunch of dudes at someone's joint years ago , dude wakes up from an alcoholic coma and takes a piss on the tv in front of everyone. This was back when TV's were expensive lol
Had a mate who did the exact same thing. Pissed on the lounges and the carpet as well. I reckon about 5 litres of piss came out of the fucka.

Tooly

Tier One
First time I got drunk, was on ouzo at around 14, I projectile vomited from the top bunk right into a souvenir gold pan sitting on my desk. Hardly any mess.

Back