Man Refuses State Police Checkpoint - Eventually Just Gets Waved Through

aRyan

TRUMP or BUST
They have these here in MA too, but they are 'DUI checkpoints' not 'Citizen checkpoints'. People that live in the US will be seeing more and more of these 'checkpoints' in the future. If you get fed up and haven't been drinking or doing anything illegal, this is how you could act if you want to be a dick.

!

edit: I think after three checkpoints in only a couple hours I'd also be acting like this.

OP
aRyan

aRyan

TRUMP or BUST
I know the cops are just doing their job, but this guy is fucking awesome.
This guy is a bit more of a dick. I like how the first one handled it better. That's probably how I would have tried to handle it too. I'd be pretty fucking mad if I was sitting in blazing hot Arizona weather for 30 minutes while these idiots ask if you are a citizen. They aren't trying to catch illegals. Give me a fucking break.

D.N.R.

Medication time
Stupid fucking cops. He obviously isn't a mexican so what is the point of harrassing him? I like how they didn't know what to do with him so they just let him go on his way.

Stevencal64

Fresh Meat
See? I understand completely why this guy is doing what he's doing. But he's obviouly an asshole trying to make a name for himself.

Stevencal64

Fresh Meat
Maybe just trying to make a point. Shit is going too far.
Maybe. I thought to my self that if he had just answered the question of whether or not he was a citizen they would have let him pass. How hard can that be, and does it really violate the constitution?

BUT.......then I thought to myself, what if he answered "yes?" Would the police have then asked him to produce proof of his citizenship? And if he didn't have any would they have detained him?

He should have answered the question just to see where it would go from there.

LDG

Bleed The Freak
Although entertaining, I think the guy was being a dick. I HATE when people say "this is America!!! thought is was a free country?!" IT IS but there are still laws and rules and that doesn't mean you don't have your "freedom" Hate when people do that lol. I can understand his frustration to some degree, but he probably would have gotten thru sooner just showing them what they wanted to see.

the most we gotta do down here to cross into another state is throw the fruit you got into a bin.

If this is what it's like driving around in the big wide spaces of America . . . . fuck that

lockey

ambiguous
complain at the police precinct or speak with your local political reps. maybe then you get something done. at least your objection is officially noted.dont obstruct hard working cops when theyre doing as ordered and certainly dont try making them look stupid on social media websites. i think he's well meaning but a dickhead who hasnt thought things through.

KG

stalking
I agree with the first guy 100%. This is America and we are suppose to be a free nation. I should not have to prove I am a citizen. That checkpoint was just a way of harassing people like cops like to do. The cops need to be more worried about catching the drug deals that go on in broad daylight out in the open public and with the meth labs that are being built in the neighboorhoods oh and the big one of keeping track of the registered sex offenders.

@AtomicBong

Well Known Member
Here is an unfortunate update from pastor Steve..

[VIDEO]
After reading into this a bit it looks like the superior court decided at a vote of 7-2 that these stops are not a violation of the 4th amendment rights.. I don't believe Steve was required to answer any of their questions but he is required to show i.d while operating a car if stopped.. The first vid doesn't show the BP asking for it tho, kinda weird that they don't seem to know what the can and can't do under the law.. By refusing to answer the BP questions he created probable cause which would have granted a legal search but they didn't use it to their advantage..

OP
aRyan

aRyan

TRUMP or BUST
Here is an unfortunate update from pastor Steve..

[VIDEO]
After reading into this a bit it looks like the superior court decided at a vote of 7-2 that these stops are not a violation of the 4th amendment rights.. I don't believe Steve was required to answer any of their questions but he is required to show i.d while operating a car if stopped.. The first vid doesn't show the BP asking for it tho, kinda weird that they don't seem to know what the can and can't do under the law.. By refusing to answer the BP questions he created probable cause which would have granted a legal search but they didn't use it to their advantage..
That is such bullshit.

People like Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin would have had those judges on trial for treason by now if they were still alive.

@AtomicBong

Well Known Member
I definately don't agree with it.. I reposted the origional vid on a different type of message board and it's shocking to see that some people view what this guy was doing as wrong or pointless..

inappropriate behavior

Your apology is accepted :)
Stupid fucking cops. He obviously isn't a mexican so what is the point of harrassing him? I like how they didn't know what to do with him so they just let him go on his way.
come on! they kept harassing him to keep it fair... you can't just hassle the mexicans ... that's profiling!

O(∩_∩)O

D.N.R.

Medication time
come on! they kept harassing him to keep it fair... you can't just hassle the mexicans ... that's profiling!

O(∩_∩)O
Relax... I wasn't being serious when I posted that but the reason for the traffic checks was to see if there were any illegal immigrants. How many white mexicans have you seen?