Marijuana-shaped candy alarms parents, officials (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

wino

DILLIGAF
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — Candy shaped like marijuana that's showing up on store shelves around the country won't get kids high, but aghast city leaders and anti-drug activists say the product and grocers carrying it represent a new low.

"We're already dealing with a high amount of drug abuse and drug activity and trying to raise children so they don't think using illegal substances is acceptable," said City Councilmember Darius Pridgen. "So to have a licensed store sell candy to kids that depicts an illegal substance is just ignorant and irresponsible."

The "Pothead Ring Pots," ''Pothead Lollipops" and bagged candy are distributed to retail stores by the novelty supply company Kalan LP of the Philadelphia suburb of Lansdowne. It also wholesales online for $1 for a lollipop and $1.50 for a package of three rings.

Company president Andrew Kalan said the candy, on the market six to nine months and in 1,000 stores around the country, promotes the legalization of marijuana.

"It does pretty well," he said.

"This is the first complaint I've heard," Kalan said, "and people are usually not shy. I'm actually surprised this is the first."

An irate parent brought the candy to Pridgen's attention, hoping the city could apply pressure and get it out of stores.

Pridgen and Councilmember Demone Smith displayed the candy, along with fake marijuana known as "K2" that's also sold in some stores at Tuesday's Common Council meeting, where Pridgen said he'd refuse to grant licenses to stores in his district that planned to sell the merchandise and would seek to embarrass stores that carry it. The synthetic marijuana is sold as incense but is smoked.

http://news.yahoo.com/marijuana-shaped-c...18726.html

ddb46f68c70a2616fb0e6a706700201c.jpg

mrln

silent ghost
yea i saw this on the news. had to laugh about it really. just ban the store and they will stop selling it!
now that K2 or spice as its known,is some strong stuff!

wino

DILLIGAF
I haven't found any of the K2, but I haven't looked very hard either. I'll give it a go when I find some.

But I think this candy thing is bullshit shouldn't be allowed

mrln

silent ghost
your right. it gives kids the wrong impression. remember them fake ciggarettes as a kid. a wraper in a stick of gum and you blow out and powder sugar was a smoke substitute? i thought that was cool and the rents didnt so i wasnt allowed to have it. same shit here... kids will think theyre cool eating pot shaped candy. k2 is strong. take one hit and then wait. youll see!
ive actually smoked "mr. nice guy" heres a link for ya!
http://mrniceguywholesale.com/

wino

DILLIGAF
didn't have them, they sound kool tho, in Oz we had cheap sugar sticks
images.jpg
and now to be politically correct they are called fads.

It has to be worse over there, but I had an 11yr a few years ago who was not going to school for a week getting stoned and whatever and we were none the wiser, till the school asked where the hell he was.

and now I got another one commin' up as we speak

Back