Mary Bell (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

CryBaby

NewbieX
TBH, She wasn't in my class, and there were a lot of girls in that school, I never paid any attention to her.
But I remember the conversations and such, the disbelief that she was "The" Mary bell.... because obviously she wasn't called that at school.
From what I can gather that she was a reformed character and had her daughter fairly soon after her release from prison and found compassion and guilt.
I remember the daughter saying that her mother was very upset now that the truth was out and felt guilt that the daughter was getting a hard time because of this.
That's crazy you went to school with her daughter! Poor kid, did she have friends or was she picked on?

datdutchguy

putting bags over heads.
Short Bussed
mary bell was a normal kid overall i read a book about her a while ago, she just had the tendency to do weird things when she was younger...even tho she is remorcefull its no excuse and its weird behavior even for children her case is probably special due to the fact shes a very very young killer.

also there are many young children with weird behaviors and still grow up as normal adults, like her. She got pretty lucky did a minimal sentence and returns to having a normal life without anyone knowing her ( name change etc )

It doesnt bring those children back who she murdered though i hope it will taunt her the rest of her life in nightmares

Béla Kiss

Always, never, and forget about it.
mary bell was a normal kid overall i read a book about her a while ago, she just had the tendency to do weird things when she was younger...even tho she is remorcefull its no excuse and its weird behavior even for children her case is probably special due to the fact shes a very very young killer.

If by 'normal' you mean suffering abuse at the hands of her Munchhausen Syndrome by proxy mother and sexual abuse starting as young as four years old, then yea her childhood was perfectly average.

I do have to agree that it shouldn't excuse this type of behavior. Beth Thomas suffered a similar upbringing, and she has led a successful life becoming a nurse in the pediatrics ward.

Reactions: McM

datdutchguy

putting bags over heads.
Short Bussed
i did read about that and several cases of serial killers with odd parents is it an excuse though i will never know since i got reasonable parents...good point i must say,

also it is no reason ot kill your friends like that maybe out of frustration which i doubt, perhaps she thought it was normal since she was abused this way...we will never know...its weird how the goverment totally changed her identety and we will never find her again

C

CO2

Internet Warrior
i did read about that and several cases of serial killers with odd parents is it an excuse though i will never know since i got reasonable parents...good point i must say,

also it is no reason ot kill your friends like that maybe out of frustration which i doubt, perhaps she thought it was normal since she was abused this way...we will never know...its weird how the goverment totally changed her identety and we will never find her again
i think she deserves the peace.. she did her deed, then her time, and then got a chance to live normally again..
i really feel sorry for this girl..

Reactions: McM

Sakura1215

Lurker
I am brand-new here but I couldn't help myself to respond to this post. Mary Flora Bell is one of my favorite cases that I've read about. I know it's hard for some people to believe that someone like Mary could go on without killing again--but I think if the child is caught early enough and put in a better environment, taught some boundaries and all that--I believe most can turn back around from being a ruthless killer to being somewhat 'normal'. If they are not caught in time before they hit puberty or around that point, then their psychopathy would most likely be permanent.

I personally do not blame her for killing like she did. She was severely abused in all kinds of ways, with little to no affection. Children are sensitive, and I would think there would be very few that could come out of a home life like that without any sociopathic traits.

McM

ARSELING
Mary Bell avatar

Marybell-2.jpg

R34P3R

Angel of Death
I am brand-new here but I couldn't help myself to respond to this post. Mary Flora Bell is one of my favorite cases that I've read about. I know it's hard for some people to believe that someone like Mary could go on without killing again--but I think if the child is caught early enough and put in a better environment, taught some boundaries and all that--I believe most can turn back around from being a ruthless killer to being somewhat 'normal'. If they are not caught in time before they hit puberty or around that point, then their psychopathy would most likely be permanent.

I personally do not blame her for killing like she did. She was severely abused in all kinds of ways, with little to no affection. Children are sensitive, and I would think there would be very few that could come out of a home life like that without any sociopathic traits.
Welcome to the community!

I have to respectfully disagree. If both killings were carried out in the same fashion as the first I'd agree. But considering the nature of the second there are some interesting things to pay attention to.

First, the brutality: She was able to mutilate a child's genitals, that's both intentional and unnecessarily violent. If this was done postmortem it would be a little twisted... If it was done prior to death it's certain sadistic psychopathy.

Next, the marking: She made a point of it to leave a signature on the corpse. In this community we all know that serial killers enjoy trophies and recognition for their actions - that was the obvious intention of the carved "M."

Lastly, the note: She left a note implying that her killings allow for her immortality. She has become immortalized through fame/infamy - just as she wanted.

By the evidence provided, I'd say she's a continuing killer. She enjoyed her work and now under the guise of an unknown name and location can safely continue. Unfortunately for her she'll have to change her marking and methods to avoid detection by those who know of her true identity, but she was honing her skills as a child and forming methodical patterns. Patterns that are clearly reminiscent of a serial killer.

Sakura1215

Lurker
Thank you for the welcome! I see what you mean. I know she took great enjoyment in the killings she did--maybe I am biased due to reading Unheard Cries, but I still think she might have changed her ways after becoming of age.

But then again, you reminded me of another one--Jesse Pomeroy--he never changed and was caught rather early. So maybe I am indeed wrong >_<

Sicksicle

Well Known Member
Let's look at this case in a holistic way, firstly she was a unwanted child, her mother supposedly tried to kill her twice, she was mentally, physically and sexually abused, her loving mum forced her to have sex with grown men! Now let's look at how a child is supposed to deal with that shit psychologically. I think inflicting pain and death on others is not abnormal considering her reality,
Think about this innocent child and what she endured and then try to cast judgement. I went through similar stuff, not to that degree and I'm amazed I'm not in prison and didn't lash out at the world, if I hadn't been arrested as a kid and the cop becoming my father figure and taking me out of the abusive situation I was in it's very possible I'd be a subject in this forum.
I did bad things to animals as a young child and still feel sick about it, I started fires compulsively, and stole things like a fiend and was a little criminal and also became institutionalised by the age of 16
Through juvenile detention and having a man teach me how to be a good man and being my rock I slowly became more normal.
I had my struggles and still do things that are detrimental to myself but I live a good life and have a loud conscience and moral compass that keeps me on the right path. Monsters don't create themselves they are a product of abuse and neglect that slip through the cracks.
But my point is this woman deserves anonymity and peace, she's been through enough and deserves to be left the fuck alone. She has obviously overcome what was a very bad start in life. And my condolences to the poor innocent victims of her crimes and their families, but I'm confident she won't kill again.

Béla Kiss

Always, never, and forget about it.
Wasn't she 12? She was an interesting case. Result of Munchhausen by proxy and other abuse history. I feel sorry for her but am conflicted that she lives with an anon id, complete with husband and child.

Back