Missing Colorado Girl (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Sorry to say, but the thing I find most shocking in all this is the fact that this is big news in the U.S of A.

Doesn't shit like this happen on a regular basis over there? :shrug:
I'd say that it happens in many countries - not just the USA - some more than others. The larger the population (the US is ranked 3rd, behind #1 China and #2 India), the more frequently we'll see this type of crime.

I thought that it was big news for the States too, but if you go to CNN.com you won't see a thing about it. I'm in Canada and heard it through a Canadian news outlet.

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
FBI Shifting Focus of Investigation

Published: 10/12/2012 6:23 AM
Last Modified: 10/12/2012 6:23 AM

WESTMINSTER, Colo. — Authorities have shifted their focus from searching for a missing 10-year-old girl to appealing for help in tracking down her apparent kidnapper, as concern mounts in a Denver suburb where the girl disappeared a week ago and a body was found.

Police on Friday expect to positively identify a body found in a park seven miles from where Jessica Ridgeway went missing Oct. 5. Police have not linked the body to Jessica or even revealed if it belongs to a child. The body found at Pattridge Park in Arvada was "not intact," which has delayed identification, police said.

Notably missing Thursday were more appeals by authorities to spread word of Jessica's disappearance via social media. Instead, the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit released a list of changes that a person committing a crime against a child would exhibit. Among them: sudden differences in appearance, missed appointments, being absent from work, or leaving town with no explanation.

"It could be your boss, it could be your friend, and ultimately it could be your family member," FBI spokesman Dave Joly said. "Bring this information to law enforcement and let us vet that to a close. If that person is not the suspect, 'Thank you for your call.' Next lead."

Joly said agents are searching for a man, based on statistics for this type of crime.

Retired FBI behavioral analyst Clinton Van Zandt told The Associated Press that some things to look out for include a person suddenly growing a beard, cutting their hair or doing other things to change their appearance. Other clues are activities that are out of character, such as a person who may have detailed their car when he normally would have only washed it, Van Zandt said.

Now, authorities just need somebody to have noticed and contact police, Van Zandt said.

As for the lack of information being released by authorities, it's part of the search for a suspect, Van Zandt said.

"Whoever is responsible would be watching this very closely," Van Zandt said, and procedure would be to release information "that will drive the offender one way or another."

Source -

Charbaby

Aggressively passive amd recklessly impulsive....
DeathHand,sorry I'm on my mobile and don't know if its been confirmed but have you heard if its her or not? Me's doesn't have cable either lol. This is all I've heard...

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
DeathHand,sorry I'm on my mobile and don't know if its been confirmed but have you heard if its her or not? Me's doesn't have cable either lol. This is all I've heard...
Hi Char,

No confirmation yet. I think the cops want to make sure they don't compromise the investigation by releasing too many details. All that they have stated is that the body was "not intact" (perhaps dismembered or scattered by animals) and that the body was of a "small" person.

They held a press conference this morning but nothing new. There is supposed to be another press conference this afternoon. We'll see, but we should know by later today.

b2ux

Banned
This user was banned
I live in westminster not too far from where the girl was taken and where the body was found.

i remember when the only good thing in westminster was a diner we use to eat there alot there really was nothing else there at the time other than farming fields...
year 1982.....

sad that this happned so close to the ramsey home only what like 25 mins...

Angelahh

meow :o)
Sometime cop investigations piss me off :rage: how many "small people" are missing in the area? they know how long the body has been dead, they can age the victim and without all of the parts. The chances are sooo slim its not her but they still work that 2% chance its not and wait til they get the body to talk or produce ID ffs

Reactions: Sev

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Sometime cop investigations piss me off :rage: how many "small people" are missing in the area? they know how long the body has been dead, they can age the victim and without all of the parts. The chances are sooo slim its not her but they still work that 2% chance its not and wait til they get the body to talk or produce ID ffs
I hear ya. But I think that they have to make sure that they dot their "i's" and cross their "t's" before they release info. Too many cases have been bungled by info coming out too early and compromising the whole investigation and any later possible charges and court proceedings.

The police admit that the body was "small", but if it has been lying in the sun for 3-5 days then it can be quite disfigured looking with putrefaction: they have to make sure and even once they do that there is so much more work to follow up on before they can confirm one way or the other.

It's not us that they want to hold details from - it's the killer/s that they don't want to know what they (the cops) know. But they'll tell us soon enough, maybe later today when they're holding another press conference.

b2ux

Banned
This user was banned
I was just thinking anout Jon Benet Ramsey and how close this is to Boulder. Her killer hasn't been found so it could be possible they are linked.

I worked in the dynamite factory in layfette for 6 months..... boulder, louisville and layfette are all about 25 min to 45 mins away depending on traffic which im sure now is much worse then it was then....

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Body Found Is Jessica Ridgeway

October 12, 2012 (6pm Est)

Police in Colorado confirmed Friday that a dismembered body they discovered earlier in the week is that of 10-year-old schoolgirl Jessica Ridgeway, who went missing from her Westminster home a week ago.

"There is predator at large in our community," said Westminster Police Chief Lee Birk.

Earlier Friday authorities shifted their focus in the case to appealing for help in tracking down her apparent kidnapper by releasing a behavior profile for the suspected kidnapper.

“We suspect that someone in the community knows this individual,” FBI spokesman Dave Joly said at a press conference Thursday.

In their search for Jessica, the FBI in Denver said it’s important to focus not on how this person looks but on any kind of unusual behavior.

That behavior could include missing work and appointments, leaving town, changes in alcohol and drug use, or changes in appearance, according to an FBI Denver press release.

“Somebody who’s maybe very engaged in the media coverage of this particular investigation, and maybe they’re a little annoyed by all the coverage.

Former FBI profiler Clint Van Zandt said the condition of the body police found Wednesday could indicate an experienced killer.

“It’s someone who’s fully capable of doing something like this again,” Van Zandt said.

“It could be your boss, it could be your friend, and, ultimately, it could be your family member,” Joly said.

Source -

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
The FBI discussed possible behavioral traits of Jessica’s abductor in a press release:
  • Immediately following the incident, he may miss work. The absence will be sudden and unplanned. He may either be a “no show” or he may offer a plausible excuse such as illness, death in the family, car trouble, etc.
  • He may miss scheduled appointments/commitments and be unaccounted for during this period. These appointments/commitments may include such things as medical appointments, meetings with a probation officer, a prior commitment to a friend or family member, a drug test, etc.
  • He may suddenly leave town, either with no explanation or with some plausible reason.
  • This individual may express an intense interest in the status of this investigation and pay close attention to the media. However, some offenders may quickly turn off media accounts or try to redirect conversations concerning the victims or their families.
  • There may be changes in the usual consumption of alcohol and/or drugs.
  • He may make a change in his appearance or alter something to prevent identification, such as changing the look of his vehicle, cleaning or discarding his vehicle.
“We suspect somebody in the community knows this individual,” said FBI spokesman David Joly.

“We’re asking for the community’s support once again. The community has been very supportive in the efforts so far to this investigation, and we’re asking that they do this one more time to help us gather new leads and new information to bring this to a conclusion.”

Investigators are still asking for tips from the public in the case. Anyone with any information is asked to call 303-658-4336.

brizzy

Forum Veteran
I just cried so hard. This is a scary situation because its so close. Knowing that the person responsible for this is still out there. Not knowing who or where he is scares the hell out of me. I'm hoping he's not one of those killers who doesn't fit the profile.

Angelahh

meow :o)
So sad to hear. I cant imagine losing a child let alone this way.

Wide open profile too unfortunately. Thats pretty much how anyone reacts to commiting such a crime... unless they have done it before and plan on doing it again :(

Tooly

Tier One
I was nearly snatched when I was about 8 or 9. Was on my bike, waiting for traffic to clear at the highway near my home when a car skidded to a stop and an old bloke jumped out of the passenger side (by old, I mean at least 20+ years older than I was then). I freaked and pedalled across the highway, not in the least concerned about cars and got away. Initially I thought he wanted to attack me, but it wasn't until years later that I realized that he was probably trying to grab me. I never told my parents, otherwise I would've been banned from riding my bike!

Reactions: Sev

Tooly

Tier One
I lost a son 14 yrs ago to an auto accident and barely survived it so I cannot imagine how terrible it would be to lose a child to something like this. I don't think I could survive that.
Aww fuck lady, that's depressing! Sorry big time for that one!:rose::rose::rose::rose:

Back