Missing Teacher ID'd (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Missing Teachers Body ID'd

(CNN) -- The decomposed body found this weekend in a Louisiana bayou was identified Monday as that of a teacher missing for three months, the New Orleans Police Department said.

The statement said Terrilynn Monette, who was last seen March 2, was identified through dental records. The death was ruled a drowning, and there were no signs of trauma to the body, police said.

On Saturday, a diver with the Slidell Police Department who was volunteering to dive the waterways in the search for Monette found her Honda Accord in the bayou.

Monette's mother, Toni Enclade, told CNN earlier that she had been notified a body was found.

"To know that she could have possibly been there for three months," she said, overcome with emotion.

Enclade said she does not know when she will be given a final answer.

"I can't even begin to go there right now," she said. "I'm in shock. I can't believe this. I just can't believe this."

Monette, 26, was last seen leaving Parlay's Dream Lounge in New Orleans, where she had been celebrating with friends her nomination for a "Teacher of the Year" award.

Authorities have focused a large part of their search efforts on the waterways because Monette would have had to drive across the bayou to get from the bar to her home.

Source

1. Monettes car being pulled out of the bayou with her corpse inside.
teachers-body-found-in-car-Louisianna-june2013.jpg

Back