Let It All Bleed Out
Gunmen kill six in Munich shopping mall, three shooters on the run
Friday, July 22, 2016
Gunmen attacked a busy mall in the German city of Munich on Friday evening, killing at least six people and sending shoppers running for their lives from what police said was a terrorist attack.
Authorities told the public to get off the streets as the city - Germany's third biggest - went into lockdown with transport halted and highways sealed off.
A police spokesman said three gunmen were on the run after the initial shooting subsided. The city was placed under a state of emergency as police hunted for them.
"We are telling the people of Munich there are shooters on the run who are dangerous," he said. "We are urging people to stay indoors."
Munich newspaper TZ said one of the shooters was dead. German news magazine Focus said a gunman had shot himself in the head. Reuters could not immediately confirm either report.
As special forces deployed in the city, some people remained holed up in the Olympia shopping center which police said had been evacuated.
"Many shots were fired, I can't say how many but it's been a lot," said a shop worker hiding in a store room inside the mall.
It was the third major act of violence against civilians in Western Europe in eight days. Previous attacks in France and Germany were claimed by the Islamic State militant group.
A police spokesman said there was no immediate indication that it was an Islamist attack.
Friday is also the five-year anniversary of the massacre by Anders Behring Breivik in Norway in which he killed 77 people. Breivik is a hero for far-right militants in Europe and America.
Images: A few non-gore screenshots that I put together showing one of the gunmen opening fire on pedestrians (I'm quite sure that gore images will soon start to leak but if I find them I'll be posting them in the Gore Images section):
1. One of the gunmen standing infront of the McDonald's doors before opening fire, his firearm in his left hand at this side
2. The gunman holds his firearm with both hands as he begins to raise it. The pedestrian infront of him is oblivious - although the 2 on the motorcycle notice
3. Here the gunman starts to fire at people who are on the sidewalk
3. Gunshot rings out and pedestrians begin to flee. I'm not sure, but I think the woman in the red shirt might have been hit.
4. The gunman continues firing as people run. No one was seen getting hit/going down during the video.
5. Everyone has fled but the gunman is still aiming and firing at whomever he can see.