my laptop keeps processing shit for no reason, HALP!

mystery_man

˙˙˙ǝʌᴉƃ ᴉ sʞɔnɟ ssǝl ǝɥʇ 'ʇǝƃ ᴉ ɹǝplo ǝɥʇ
whats a good app to scan this shit and hopefully fix it? i've tried looking thru tasks and did cc cleaner as well as avast anti virus scans but the shit is still going on, any tips?

thanks in advance.

Jury

Kill The Rich
Make a backup and reinstal operation system or find a website where are professionals and can really help you.

Blood_Sport

Utter bastard
I use Advanced SystenCare, it's free and has several built in programs to fix the registry, clean out old file, completely uninstall programs, browser configuration ect, and if you check on youtube you can often find a key code to upgrade to the pro version for a few months..

Have a good look through your installed programs to see if anything has been installed on the sly by another installation

SPHINCTERPUNCH

PUNCHED THAT SPHINCTER!
U can try "System Recovery" Open your Control Panel and look for the "Recovery Icon" When U open it,There's an option to Restore your Computer to an Earlier Time,When it was working fine...If U hv any Restore Points; U could try that...It's just an option that U can try b4 getting into anything too heavy or confusing!...SP

Grand Mal Caesar

Lurker Meat
Maybe it's Windows Update. That is the culprit usually when my system starts dragging ass. Look for Trustedinstaller.exe in Task Manager. It usually shows that it's not hogging resources but it is. Usually it will be running along with MakeCabs.exe. When both of those are present in Task Manager it's a good indication that it is Windows Update hobbling your system.

I temporarily halt Windows Update to stop it from hogging resources when it annoys me. Open a DOS window and enter...

--> net stop "windows update" <-- Exactly what is between the arrows.

Windows will bitch a bit about settings, but fuck that message. Ignore it. Windows Update will restart itself at a later point. You might need to set update to only run at certain times or it might start right back up each time you stop it.

If you happen to be running Apple, quit being an Apple fag. If it is Linux, then you shouldn't need help. You should be able to sort it out yourself.

PS: I get that your name is 'mystery_man' but It helps to list some useful information like what OS you're running so we don't have to guess.

OP
mystery_man

mystery_man

Maybe it's Windows Update. That is the culprit usually when my system starts dragging ass. Look for Trustedinstaller.exe in Task Manager. It usually shows that it's not hogging resources but it is. Usually it will be running along with MakeCabs.exe. When both of those are present in Task Manager it's a good indication that it is Windows Update hobbling your system.

I temporarily halt Windows Update to stop it from hogging resources when it annoys me. Open a DOS window and enter...

--> net stop "windows update" <-- Exactly what is between the arrows.

Windows will bitch a bit about settings, but fuck that message. Ignore it. Windows Update will restart itself at a later point. You might need to set update to only run at certain times or it might start right back up each time you stop it.

If you happen to be running Apple, quit being an Apple fag. If it is Linux, then you shouldn't need help. You should be able to sort it out yourself.

PS: I get that your name is 'mystery_man' but It helps to list some useful information like what OS you're running so we don't have to guess.
hey, its windows 10 and indeed the processing issue is update related, looks like some update has been trying to install since january and even though i let it update properly, the fucking update kept getting stuck, even tried safe mode. thanks for the input all, its usually update shit that fucks it up in my case.

OP
mystery_man

mystery_man

Always used it and works a motherfucking treat! Reinstall windows?! Lol, no need for that.
I fix and strip laptops and pc's 😊
im gonna try this app and yea i totally agree with you, not really into the whole re-install thing.