Mysterious mummy found in tomb in Peru with hands covering its face (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Cold Ethyl

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
A mummy, fully bound in ropes and with its hands covering its face, has been discovered in an underground tomb in Peru.

Archaeologists from the National University of San Marcos found the mummy in good condition in Cajamarquilla, a significant site 15.5 miles inland from the coastal city and capital Lima, Peru.

The mummy is estimated to be between 800 and 1200 years old.

Although the mummy’s striking pose – bound by ropes and in the foetal position – appears chilling at first sight, researchers believe it is a southern Peruvian funeral custom.

The tomb also contained ceramics, vegetable remains and stone tools.

Several marine molluscs were also discovered outside the tomb.

After the body is placed in the tomb, there are constant events and activities,” Mr. Van Dalen Luna said.

“That is to say, their descendants keep coming back over many years and placing food and offerings there, including molluscs.”

The mummy, thought to be a male, likely predated the Inca civilization, which dominated the southern part of South America 500 years ago.

“The discovery of this resident sheds a new light on interactions and relationships in pre-Hispanic times,” one of the archaeologists who led the excavation, Pieter Van Dalen Luna said

It’s thought the man was aged about 25 to 30 years old and was likely an important person in contemporary society.

The findings indicate the area was likely multiethnic and would have been occupied by settlers from the coast and the mountains, according to information released by the university.

Archaeologist Yomira Huamán Santillán told CNN the discovery came as a surprise as the team was not searching for a mummy.

“The whole team was really happy because we didn’t think this was going to happen,” Huamán told CNN.

“We didn’t expect to make such an important discovery.”
Screenshot_20211130-224158_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211130-224124_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211130-224143_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211130-224108_Chrome.jpg

SPHINCTERPUNCH

THE SPHINCTER PUNCHER!
A mummy, fully bound in ropes and with its hands covering its face, has been discovered in an underground tomb in Peru.

Archaeologists from the National University of San Marcos found the mummy in good condition in Cajamarquilla, a significant site 15.5 miles inland from the coastal city and capital Lima, Peru.

Although the mummy’s striking pose – bound by ropes and in the foetal position – appears chilling at first sight, researchers believe it is a southern Peruvian funeral custom.

After the body is placed in the tomb, there are constant events and activities,” Mr. Van Dalen Luna said.

“That is to say, their descendants keep coming back over many years and placing food and offerings there, including molluscs.”

The mummy, thought to be a male, likely predated the Inca civilization, which dominated the southern part of South America 500 years ago.

“The discovery of this resident sheds a new light on interactions and relationships in pre-Hispanic times,” one of the archaeologists who led the excavation, Pieter Van Dalen Luna said

It’s thought the man was aged about 25 to 30 years old and was likely an important person in contemporary society.

The findings indicate the area was likely multiethnic and would have been occupied by settlers from the coast and the mountains, according to information released by the university.

Archaeologist Yomira Huamán Santillán told CNN the discovery came as a surprise as the team was not searching for a mummy.

“The whole team was really happy because we didn’t think this was going to happen,” Huamán told CNN.

“We didn’t expect to make such an important discovery.”View attachment 559689View attachment 559690View attachment 559691View attachment 559692

That is "So Fkn Cool" I wonder what they'll think of Our Moldy Turd Corpses in 1000 Years from now! Lol...SP

Johnnyboy27290

Forum Veteran

“We didn’t expect to make such an important discovery.”View attachment 559689View attachment 559690View attachment 559691View attachment 559692

Now that's very believable. The theory of evolution is exactly that a theory. It's not a provable science. Like for example gravity. It's a theory that is accepted by more than half of so called scientists that don't know their right from their left. A prime of example of the masses believing what's false and wrong one word to sum it up BIDEN. That proves it all right there. The masses voted a complete lying treasonist idiot into office.
That is "So Fkn Cool" I wonder what they'll think of Our Moldy Turd Corpses in 1000 Years from now! Lol...SP
There's lots of scientist who don't believe I'm evolution its harder to believe in that than creation. Lots of scientist and archaeologists and historians have tried so hard to discredit the Bible and disprove it that many ended up believing in it. I tried so hard to find convincing evidence that God didn't make the world and universe that there would be some kind of smoking gun proof that God is not real and the facts outweigh and overwhelm Darwins findings. There's no way to prove that just the same way people say you can't prove God exists. I feel like only a fool could believe in something so silly like evolution . The science is not there even outside of religion the science and facts just don't point to us evolving from apes or monkey's or whatever. There's no way and I don't need a Bible to prove it so no one can say I'm being biased. I read the origin of species from Darwin its a crock of shit. I gave it a real unopinionaded chance. It actually led me to Christ reading such non sense.
Cool thought but we won't be here friend. Ask me how and why? And I'll explain to you after work tomorrow.

Last edited:

ZeroK

SCIENCE AVENGER
Now that's very believable. The theory of evolution is exactly that a theory. It's not a provable science. Like for example gravity. It's a theory that is accepted by more than half of so called scientists that don't know their right from their left. A prime of example of the masses believing what's false and wrong one word to sum it up BIDEN. That proves it all right there. The masses voted a complete lying treasonist idiot into office.

There's lots of scientist who don't believe I'm evolution its harder to believe in that than creation. Lots of scientist and archaeologists and historians have tried so hard to discredit the Bible and disprove it that many ended up believing in it. I tried so hard to find convincing evidence that God didn't make the world and universe that there would be some kind of smoking gun proof that God is not real and the facts outweigh and overwhelm Darwins findings. There's no way to prove that just the same way people say you can't prove God exists. I feel like only a fool could believe in something so silly like evolution . The science is not there even outside of religion the science and facts just don't point to us evolving from apes or monkey's or whatever. There's no way and I don't need a Bible to prove it so no one can say I'm being biased. I read the origin of species from Darwin its a crock of shit. I gave it a real unopinionaded chance. It actually led me to Christ reading such non sense.

Cool thought but we won't be here friend. Ask me how and why? And I'll explain to you after work tomorrow.
You don’t even know the definition of a scientific theory. Do u not believe the theory of flight, atomic theory, germ theory of disease. We can’t take u serious until u understand what a scientific theory is. Respect!

H82Go8675309

𝐉𝐫
@Johnnyboy27290 Cannot both evolution and creation/existence by some entity also, both be correct?

Do you not believe radio carbon dating makes sense & gives decent approximations of the age of fossils?

SPHINCTERPUNCH

THE SPHINCTER PUNCHER!

The way were going Now! We won't B here in Ten Years! Maybe even That's a Stretch! Lol...SP

Johnnyboy27290

Forum Veteran
You don’t even know the definition of a scientific theory. Do u not believe the theory of flight, atomic theory, germ theory of disease. We can’t take u serious until u understand what a scientific theory is. Respect!
I think I'm going to use my better judgment on this one and walk away from this whole thing. It's too deep to get into. It's not a topic that can be easily explained in a few sentences. I've read the origin of species that's the holy grail of evolution I'm not impressed at all. In my eyes and my perspective creation is much more provable and believable. No matter what I said or showed you I can't undo a lifetime of false and inaccurate teachings done to the masses. Respect all day ZeroK.

ZeroK

SCIENCE AVENGER
I think I'm going to use my better judgment on this one and walk away from this whole thing. It's too deep to get into. It's not a topic that can be easily explained in a few sentences. I've read the origin of species that's the holy grail of evolution I'm not impressed at all. In my eyes and my perspective creation is much more provable and believable. No matter what I said or showed you I can't undo a lifetime of false and inaccurate teachings done to the masses. Respect all day ZeroK.
You’re right it’s hard to talk about such a complicated topic thru text. I guess u could call The Origin of Species the holy grail but what’s more significant is that later modern scientific fields like DNA, genetics and the others confirmed his scientific theory. That’s what makes a scientific theory so strong, the repeated testing and rigorous scrutiny that give the same answer.

Pick a boo!

Back