Obama Creates Office of Diversity, Inclusion (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

aRyan

TRUMP or BUST
http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2011/aug/obama-creates-office-diversity-inclusion

The economy remains in shambles yet President Obama keeps wasting taxpayer dollars expanding an already bloated U.S. government, this month launching a new office to help build a “diverse and inclusive workforce” at all federal agencies.

The new Office of Diversity and Inclusion will ensure that the entire U.S. government develops comprehensive strategies to drive and integrate diversity and inclusion practices. It will assist the different agencies in building a workforce that “respects individual and organizational cultures” by examining policy options, data trends and employee survey findings.

The goal is to eliminate demographic group imbalances in targeted occupations and improve workforce diversity. To attain this, special initiatives have been created targeting specific groups, including Hispanics, African Americans, American Indians, women and gays and lesbians. The idea is to create a workforce that truly reflects America’s diversity, according to the Obama Administration.

In fact, the Obama executive order creating the new agency assures that it will promote the federal workplace as a model of equal opportunity, diversity and inclusion. It will also establish a coordinated government-wide initiative to promote the cause. The investment is worth it because a commitment to equal opportunity, diversity and inclusion is critical for the federal government as an employer, according to the commander-in-chief.

The president’s new plan will force agencies to identify and remove barriers to equal employment opportunities that may exist in the federal government’s recruitment, hiring, promotion, retention, professional development and training policies and practices.

Blaine

Expostulator
Oppressor
Administrator
If this turns into large-scale affirmative action — meaning that at least 13% of all Federal employees must be black and at least 16% must be Hispanic, without also mandating that at least 63% of all Federal employees be white — I am leaving this country. It's a model of equality for everyone except whites.

I'm completely serious. I will leave this country if that's what happens. I'll film the event and post it right here on Goregrish. I voted for that fucking tarbaby, one of the few incredibly stupid things I've done in my life.

Rastis Jones Jr.

Exhaustipated
Blaine, I have to know. Why did you vote for that jackass anyway? I know Bush sucked and all but no one knew anything about him and so many voted for him. I mean, "Hope and change". Really?

Blaine

Expostulator
Oppressor
Administrator
Blaine, I have to know. Why did you vote for that jackass anyway? I know Bush sucked and all but no one knew anything about him and so many voted for him. I mean, "Hope and change". Really?

I thought it would be funny to have a nigger in the White House. Besides, the last election was a choice between a giant douche and a shit sandwich, as usual. Had McCain had been elected, I'd be pissed off about a greasy old fuck slobbering on the cocks of corporate lobbyists.

But this is too fucking much. Affirmative action inevitably turns into racism against whites, because there are always minimum hiring quotas for minorities, but no maximum -- and no minimum quota for whites. Liberal fuckheads are too caught up in throes of patting themselves on the back for being so tolerant to realize that they're just as bad as any other racist, giving preference to non-whites.

Read that again liberals, giving preference to someone based on their race. It's somehow okay if it's a minority being given preference, right? Wrong. Fuckheads.

mrln

silent ghost
joke is on you now blaine! i didnt want either of those "presidential candidates" so i voted for the other guy,knowing there was no chance in hell hed win.

this fucking guy has wasted more money (during this time (of depression) than any other president has! yet people still like him. what gives? oh yea hope and change. i lost hope when my 2 cents isnt enough!

Decent60

Patient goes beep beep beeeeeeeeeep
joke is on you now blaine! i didnt want either of those "presidential candidates" so i voted for the other guy,knowing there was no chance in hell hed win.
Since I've been able to vote, I've had a choice between a retard and a cyborg, retard vs retard, and two people that I knew didn't matter who got it, shit was going to be released.
Thus is why I never wasted my votes during those years. Maybe next year someone will give me a reason to vote.

Blaine

Expostulator
Oppressor
Administrator
It's come to this in the United States. We've reached the point where you have a better chance of getting into a university if you aren't white, and the same thing will soon apply to the Federal government. I'm not like aRyan — I'm not a white supremacist, never was. I was raised in a politically moderate, upper-middle-class household. I'd account myself as intelligent, well educated, self-disciplined (thanks to military school), well read, and open-minded. I lead a fairly successful and fulfilling life.

But the fact of the matter is, while I may not be a white supremacist per se, I've been turned into a racist by observable reality. I don't believe the white race is superior, but I do believe there's a race war going on. Bleeding-heart liberals (mainly whites), minorities... they don't want equality. They want more: They want to "compensate" for historic racial inequality by giving special privileges and preference to non-whites, to wit: admitting a less-qualified black man into a university, thereby denying that spot to a white man with superior qualifications, in order to meet a quota.

Talk about the polar opposite of a classless meritocracy, or equality. Sure, white man, you're more qualified. But we have to turn you down, because your race is ahead, and this other man's race is behind. In order to help his race catch up, you'll have to seek your education elsewhere. Never mind the gross individual injustice being done.

I truly wanted racial equality, when I was younger. But I can see now that racial equality is impossible for a species of over-emotional, selfish imbeciles to achieve. We're too fucking retarded — as an overall species — to achieve actual equality. Truth is, minorities are going to milk their perceived disadvantage for all it's worth, and the race that's "on top" will be the target of politically correct liberal retards who get off on thinking they're doing the right thing with garbage like affirmative action, or letting Muslims fuck up Scandinavian countries.

There's always going to be some kind of race war, and because I'm white — and since it's whites who are under siege for being most numerous and dominant — I'm going to fight for my side. I don't give a shit that we enslaved blacks and eradicated native Americans. I didn't do any of that, and it's not my bill to pay. I'm not going to pay it, period, and I feel absolutely no guilt.

ubee

shalom
The dumbing down of society is starting in the classrooms, where the material is simplified so that the immigrants(black, yellow, red, white, w/e) and mentally less fortunate can keep up.
Just go out and try to have an intelligent conversation with a random group of teens.
Mind you this is mostly in bigger cities, the smaller communities are doing much better since there's less to steal, rape, loot immigrants

Decent60

Blaine,
I really do agree with you about how there has to be a percentage for the all other ethnic groups but no min for whites. Affirmative action (for schools, jobs, etc) is good, but not when the people (lets say 30%) who get in under it usually leaves while better qualifying people are still left in the waiting line. What really needs done is have the Affirmative action percentages in place, rest should be whites minus 5%. That 5% will be a swing percentage, meaning that if there are more whites or blacks or Chinese that apply for acceptance into a school (or whatever) then they could allow up to 5% more of them. It makes it fair because each race has a slightly better chance to get in, even though their primary percentage has been reached.
The sad part is, because certain ethnic groups need to be hired that apply, there are places making it easier for them to do that. One particular one, which was posted on here, was for Police Officers....because we need retards to protect us from them.

They say that each generation is smarter than the last (to me, they seem to be getting dumber), so in the next 30 or 40 years, I'd hope that Affirmative action would be removed.

D.O.A.

We are Kings
The president’s new plan will force agencies to identify and remove barriers to equal employment opportunities that may exist in the federal government’s recruitment, hiring, promotion, retention, professional development and training policies and practices.

barriers aka any middle aged white senior management from Georgia.

Blaine

Expostulator
Oppressor
Administrator
Blaine,
I really do agree with you about how there has to be a percentage for the all other ethnic groups but no min for whites. Affirmative action (for schools, jobs, etc) is good....

No, affirmative action is never good. Affirmative action requires racial discrimination in order to even function. It assists individual minorities in the short term, yes, but it does so at the expense of other individuals — in the name of achieving equality. Trying to achieve equality through discrimination is like trying to achieve peace by waging war. It's ludicrous, not to mention ethically and morally reprehensible.

I'm not unaware of how affirmative action came into being. First we (the United States) practiced slavery, then it was abolished and we practiced segregation, then the civil rights movement caused the collapse of segregation, and that was that... except that racist whites could still keep the black man down behind the scenes, law or no law. There were (and still are) pockets of good ol' boys who hate minorities. (Of course, there are plenty of minorities who hate whites, but they're forgiven since they're still viewed as victims.)

Since it's impossible to force people to stop being racist, civil rights activists needed a solution to get minorities into schools and jobs. Unfortunately, the solution that was chosen was reverse racism. Since civil rights activists couldn't force racists to cease being racist immediately, they instead forced percentages and quotas on schools and employers (by getting them passed into law), so that racists would have no choice in the matter.

That is a textbook example of a stopgap solution. It's terribly flawed, because it's the antithesis of true equality. It may have been appropriate thirty years ago, or even twenty, but now? Now it prolongs racism. Again, it helps minorities in the short term, but it simply makes racists more determined to be racists, since they see that the entire system is based on double standards and hypocrisy. And it turns people like me into racists where otherwise we wouldn't be... or if not racists, we're at least opponents of the modern version of civil rights activism.

Blaine

Expostulator
Oppressor
Administrator
Exactly. Eligibility for education and employment should be judged on the basis of merit alone.

A classless meritocracy may be an impossible dream, but better to strive for the impossible than try to quick-fix the system with half-ass hypocritical initiatives like affirmative action.

Decent60

may the best qualified candidate get the position.
done.
Exactly. Eligibility for education and employment should be judged on the basis of merit alone.

A classless meritocracy may be an impossible dream, but better to strive for the impossible than try to quick-fix the system with half-ass hypocritical initiatives like affirmative action.

Whose version of qualifying should be applied though? The reason affirmative action was put into place because there was so much racism running around (and not just pockets as you described it). Racism is still pretty much strong and isn't going away any time soon. Movies, music and TV have a great deal with influencing (and warping) people's decision on what is really racist. It also doesn't help that many of the minorities blame racism on the reason why they don't have a job, regardless of the fact that they wouldn't have passed no matter what colour of skin they have.
Now lets step aside from colour and put religion in there, which there are more religious nuts out there than racist nuts. How about gender? Hopefully it would be phased out soon but there are still many sexist people out there.
Affirmative action was put into place because America was going through a big change: segregation was being abolished, women having equal rights, more different religion was being introduced into our society....we were actually starting to share the "freedom" that this country was supposed to be built upon with everyone that was here.

Blaine

Expostulator
Oppressor
Administrator
Whose version of qualifying should be applied though?

Whose version is being applied now? Someone out there decided that racial demographics (i.e., the US is 13% black) were an appropriate yardstick to use when setting hiring and admission quotas. It's a flawed system inherently, but especially so because you won't end up with a perfectly even spread across thousands of schools and businesses nationwide. One university might have a 5% black student population, while another has 40%. This is particularly true when you consider that some areas of the country have far more blacks living there, while other areas have far fewer.

I can't force anyone to understand why affirmative action is terribly flawed, and I'm not going to try. I will answer your question, though: Qualifications would be set by the people overseeing hiring and admissions, as they ought to be. For example, let's say a company is hiring molecular chemists. Applicants must have a PhD in molecular chemistry, at least three years of laboratory experience, and the more impressive their list of professional accomplishments, the better their chances of being hired.

In that scenario, an applicant with seven years of experience and numerous distinguished accomplishments will be given priority over another applicant with only four years of experience and a less impressive dossier. All that matters is their personal merit, not their race or gender. That's a meritocracy in a nutshell, and that's what I'd like to see.

When racial quotas come into play, you no longer have a meritocracy... and even if the system wasn't a meritocracy to begin with, once you introduce inherently flawed racial quotas, there's no chance of the system ever becoming a meritocracy, either. It's impossible, since people are being given special consideration due to their race.

The reason affirmative action was put into place because there was so much racism running around (and not just pockets as you described it)....

I know why. I just explained it. You and I may disagree over how much racism there still was, but I'd like to point out that abolishing segregation required the support of many, many whites. The tiny black minority would never have been able to change anything without white sympathizers, since the US was still well over 70% white at that time.

Now lets step aside from colour and put religion in there, which there are more religious nuts out there than racist nuts.

I'm not going to discuss gender equality issues in this thread, but as far as religion goes: Religions are organizations, whereas race is something you're born with and stuck with for life. People may be born into religions, but actually remaining in them is a choice, at least in the US. I should know; I was raised Catholic, my mother and my sister are still devoutly Catholic, yet I myself am now entirely secular. They got over it.

Now, should people be discriminated against based on their religion? Yes, depending on circumstances. They're delusional, after all. Religious nuts shouldn't be allowed into any scientific field dealing with theories that their religion actively denies, for instance. Creationists are harshly discriminated against by evolutionary scientists, for example. They'll never have a respectable career in the scientific community, nor be taken seriously by their colleagues.

And that's just the way I like it.

mrln

silent ghost
They say that each generation is smarter than the last (to me, they seem to be getting dumber), so in the next 30 or 40 years
.......were in deeeeeeeep shit!
the only diffrence between us and them is technology. but think about it. who and when did this coma bout? the 1950's and 60's. so then again,were talking previous generations!
oh,btw,who is "they?" "they" dont knopw what "theyre" talking about. "they" can also shove it up "their" arse,as far as "im" concerned.... lol

Back