"Pee Wee" Gaskins (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

KG

stalking
I read the book in 2 days when I got it last year. He is one of the sickest killers to date in my opinion. Book is very graphic. It bothered me and I don't get bothered easily. Great book!!!

Danny Robinson

Psycho DaN
I also live in South Carolina. I have several copies of Final Truth (both hardback & paperback), also have the Final Truth DVD that is super rare. But my prized possession is 3 drawings done by Gaskins while awaiting execution on the SC Death Row. All 3 drawings are signed in full "Donald H. Pee Wee Gaskins". I have them all framed together along with 6 SC Prison Canteen Tokens. Final Truth is the absolute BEST Serial Killer book EVER !!!!!

MrEz

Cynical Member
Ahh, fuck! Now I gotta read this fucking book and it ain't cheap! So if anyone knows if this book exists as a ebook or PDF or some other possibility that's not gonna cost me ~$90 I'd appreciate it... :D

Great article, I don't think I've heard of the fella before... He sure was a twisted fuck...

Danny Robinson

Psycho DaN
Ebay usually has has the hardcover..,and every once in awhile you might find the "much more rare" paperback. The hardback has a couple more pictures..,but otherwise they are the same. Its just the paperback was a limited print and came with a cassette of the c0-author Wilton Earle talking about Gaskins..,as well as Pee Wee talking some and describing his first murder and his trial. There is also a hardback version with the "solid white cover". It is VERY rare and a first print and almost always goes for well over $100++. There is also another book on Pee Wee Gaskins titled "Slaughter in Carolina". It is a hardback only book. It tells the story of Gaskins & his murders, trial,etc. But it isnt near as good and brutal as Final Truth.
But Id go with Ebay and also try ALIBRIS.com

Danny Robinson

Psycho DaN
Here are the 3 Pee Wee Gaskins drawings (before framing)..,as well as the PSA/DNA Certificate of Authenticity

Attachments

• Gaskins drawings-1.JPG
    Gaskins drawings-1.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 288
  • Gaskins drawings-2.JPG
    Gaskins drawings-2.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 282
  • Gaskins-PSA-DNA.JPG
    Gaskins-PSA-DNA.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 267

Danny Robinson

Psycho DaN
Pee Wee was mean from the get-go. But his upbringing almost certainly did contribute. But from what I know of the Gaskins story..,I think his "mean streak" got really got worse after he was sent to the SC Reformatory for boys. Where he was repeatedly bullied and gang raped. By the time he got outta there..,he was "the meanest & most dangerous man in America"..,despite only being 5'4".

MrEz

Cynical Member
In this documentary they question whether the Coastal killings are real or not... His daughter doesn't doubt him...
What do you think, Danny?

Danny Robinson

Psycho DaN
Well..,I know almost all serial killers seem to love to boast of high numbers of kills. But since Pee Wee is from my homestate of South Carolina..,I followed the case pretty close and I have been to the lower part of the state many times.,where Gaskins did his killings. I was even a very young child and lived around the Myrtle Beach & Folly Beach area in the early '70's..,right when Gaskins would cruise the strips down there looking for hitchhikers !! Im not sure if I believe the 105+ number of kills....,but I DO believe he killed many more than what he was actually charged with. The lower part of South Carolina has tons of low lying swampy woodsy areas..,with countless secluded places to dump bodies and them never be found. I feel certain there are lots of Gaskins victims that will prob never be found.
And one other thing that makes me feel this way is this; The state of South Carolina caught and put to death a man named William Pierce for the rape, torture & murder of Peggy Cuttino..,a 13 yr old daughter of a very prominant SC politian. The state was under strong pressure to solve the case. But they caught the wrong man and "put him to death". The girl was tortured & raped before being killed. It was claimed that she had lots of cigatette burns on her body. Gaskins claims that HE is the one who killed Cuttino. And that those werent cigarette burns. He said he abducted her and took her to an old barn back in a woodsy secluded area and keept her for several days. There he raped & tortured her before finally murdering her. He said that "those were NOT cigatette burns though. That he actually used acid to slowly drip on her body. Many years later..,after Gaskins execution..,it came out that the marks on her body were indeed that of a form of acid burns instead of cigatettes. So..,in other words, the state of South Carolina put an innocent man to death for a murder..,just so they could "solve" a high profile case.
A good friend has been studying the Gaskins case for a long time also. He has actually gone down to the lower part of the state and interviewed a couple of investigators and people who were associated with the Gaskins case & trial. He said hardly no one in law enforcement & the SC gavornment wanted to talk about the Gaskins case..,because of the shame it brought up because of the fact South Carolina put to death an innocent man. I personally believe that. And I feel that is the main reason Pee Wee Gaskins is hardly known of. Its because the state wants to keep the whole story quiet...,even to this day.

I think Gaskins kill total is prob between 40-75+. Just MY opinion.

Danny Robinson

Psycho DaN
I have all 3 drawings framed with a photo of Pee Wee in his jail cell looking at his artwork. And I have 6 South Carolina prison canteen tokens from the prison Gaskins was in, also in the frame with the drawings. As soon as I can get the pic uploaded to my laptop, I will post here. Its pretty cool..,if I do say so myself.

Back