"Pee Wee" Gaskins (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

AcIdBaTh

Still looking
"Pee Wee" Gaskins

“I have walked the same path as God.” – Gaskins

Pee Wee Gaskins was born Donald Henry Gaskins, Jr., to an unwed mother in rural South Carolina. He earned the name Pee Wee due to his small stature, and was frequently physically abused by many of his mother’s boyfriends throughout his young life. When his mother finally did marry, Pee Wee’s life didn’t improve due to the rigid discipline and violent consequences he and his half-siblings were subjected to by his new step-father. The cards were stacked against Pee Wee from the moment he was born.

When Pee Wee was a young boy, he started to display violent behavior and never did well in school. Pee Wee spent much of his young life committing petty thefts, burglarizing homes and getting in school yard fights. By the time Pee Wee was eleven-years-old, he dropped out of school and started working part time as a mechanic in a local garage where he met two boys, Danny and Marsh, who were close in age and also dropouts. The three coined themselves “The Trouble Trio” and committed a variety of violent crimes together. The trio burglarized homes, solicited prostitutes and raped young boys. They always threatened the young boys so that they would be too afraid to tell police what happened.

Marsh had a younger sister whom they all gang raped. They were caught, and were subjected to severe beatings by their parents as punishment. Afterward, Danny and Marsh left town and Pee Wee continued on his own. When Pee Wee was 13, in 1946, he was interrupted by a girl he knew while he was burglarizing a home. Pee Wee wrestled an ax away from the girl, and hit her twice with it: once in the head and once in the arm. The girl survived, miraculously, and Pee Wee was sent to reform school at the South Carolina Industrial School for Boys until the age of 18 after being convicted of assault with a deadly weapon and intent to kill.

While Pee Wee was in reform school, he was gang-raped and became the sex toy of older “Boss-Boys” who would protect him in exchange for sexual favors. Pee Wee escaped many times, once even managing to get a job with a traveling carnival and married a 13-year-old girl. Afterward, he turned himself into police to complete his sentence.

When he was released in 1951, Pee Wee started working on a tobacco farm until he discovered insurance fraud. Pee Wee and a friend collaborated with tobacco farmers to steal their crops and cover up the crime by burning their farms for a fee. Eventually, Pee Wee earned a reputation as “the barnburner” and was confronted by a friend who was also his boss’ daughter. Again, Pee Wee lost his temper and split the girl’s skull using the hammer he had in his hand. He was tried and convicted of assault with a deadly weapon and attempted murder and received a five-year prison sentence.

How to describe Pee Wee in five words: Brutal, detached, paedophile, cannibal, psychopath

During his next stint in the can, Pee Wee used his previous knowledge to earn him the title of “Prison Power Man.” To do this, Pee Wee needed to find the biggest threat, the meanest of the mean, and take him out in cold blood. Pee Wee decided on Hazel Brazell, the hardest, coldest known inmate in the prison. He earned Brazell’s trust, and within a week, he sliced Brazell’s throat, earning him six months in solitary confinement. After he was returned to population, Pee Wee was a prison hero, a “Power Man.”

In 1955, Pee Wee’s wife filed for divorce, driving him into a furious rage. He escaped from prison, stole a car and went to Florida where he joined another carnival and married another young girl. Two weeks later, the marriage ended and Pee Wee met Bettie Gates, a pretty, voluptuous carnival girl with whom he was instantly infatuated.

(Continued)
peeweemugshot1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

AcIdBaTh

Still looking
(Continued)
Gates convinced Pee Wee that her brother was in jail in Tennessee and needed them to come bail him out. Pee Wee agreed to help Gates, driving her to Cookeville, TN, where they got a hotel room, and Pee Wee walked to the jail with a carton of cigarettes and bail money in his hand. When he returned to the hotel, both Gates and Pee Wee’s car were long gone. Gates tipped off the authorities and soon, police captured Pee Wee, and he went back to prison. Gates had conned Pee Wee; her “brother” was actually her husband who escaped from prison using a razor blade tucked inside the carton of cigarettes Pee Wee delivered to him.

In prison for the third time, at a federal penitentiary in Atlanta, GA, Pee Wee became friends with mafia boss, Frank Costello, who named him “The Little Hatchet Man.” Pee Wee was offered employment by Costello, should he ever need a job.

After Pee Wee was released from prison in August, 1961, he returned to Florence, SC, and started working in the tobacco fields again. He continued his life of crime, by burglarizing and raping just like always. In 1962, he was arrested again for statutory rape of a 12-year-old girl, but escaped authorities and traveled to North Carolina, where he married a 17-year-old, who was, in his words, “old for my standards.” Within weeks, Pee Wee’s new bride turned him into police and he was convicted of statutory rape and sent to the Columbia penitentiary for six years. In November 1968, Pee Wee was paroled and swore he’d never go back to prison again.

It was at this time in Pee Wee’s life that he began identifying what he called, “them aggravated and bothersome feelings,” which seemed to trigger horrific fantasies Pee Wee eventually started acting on. In September 1969, Pee Wee picked up a female hitchhiker and started flirting with her. When she laughed at him, he beat her unconscious, raped, sodomized and tortured her then weighted her body and dumped her into a swamp, still alive. This was his first “Coastal Kill,” as he would later call them.

The “Coastal Kills” were murders of random people. These murders were the most terrifying because Pee Wee would subject his victims to insane methods of torture, sometimes for days. Sometimes, he would cannibalize their severed body parts while they watched and would force them to eat their own flesh.

Pee Wee didn’t have a particular type of victim; he would kill men, women and children indiscriminately. Whenever the “bothersome feelings” would return, Pee Wee would find another random victim, and unleash hell upon their final moments.

In November 1970, Pee Wee began his “Serious Murders,” which were the killings of close friends and family. His first “Serious Murders” were his own 15-year-old niece, Janice Kirby, and her friend, Patricia Alsobrook. Pee Wee offered the girls a ride home and took them to an abandoned house where he raped, beat and drowned the girls in different locations.

In 1973, Pee Wee purchased an old hearse, and when questioned about it, he responded, “I kill so many people I need a vehicle to haul all the bodies to my private cemetery.” At this time, Pee Wee lived in Prospect, SC, with his wife and child. He had a reputation for being weird, explosive and mentally disturbed, but not dangerous. He had friends who liked him.

peeweehearse.jpg

In his book, “Final Truth,” co-written with Wilton Earle, Pee Wee recalls his crimes as one would recall any normal memory of their life. Pee Wee boasts how he was able to pass lie detector tests with flying colors even though he was lying the entire time. Pee Wee took great pride in his ability to earn the trust of his victims, and got off on controlling their lives up until the moment he ended them. It was a way for him to exert his need to dominate and control his circumstances, the little abused boy speaking up and defending himself, but Pee Wee wasn’t a little boy anymore, and his victims had done nothing to deserve his wrath.

One of Pee Wee’s friends, 23-year-old Doreen Dempsey, an unwed mother of a 2-year-old girl, and pregnant, was planning to leave the area and asked Pee Wee for a ride to the bus station. Instead, Gaskins took her to a wooded area, raped her and killed her, but before he killed Doreen, he started fondling her 2-year-old daughter. Horrified by the sight, Doreen protested, and Pee Wee smashed her skull. Then, he raped and sodomized the baby girl, later describing it as the best sex of his life.

By 1975, Pee Wee, by his own admission, had killed and disposed of over 80 people, during his “Coastal Kills.” He focused more on his “Serious Murders,” and in the same year, Gaskins was hired to kill a wealthy farmer from Florence County, Silas Yates. Yates’ ex-girlfriend, Suzanne Kipper, paid Pee Wee $1,500 to kill Yates, and one night, Pee Wee, Diane Neely, John Powel and John Owens conspired to kill Yates. Neely, Powel and Owens were all associates of Kipper’s, and Neely lured Yates out of his home while Pee Wee kidnapped and murdered him as Owen and Powel watched, then all three buried Yates’ body.

Shortly thereafter, Neely and her boyfriend, ex-con Avery Howard, tried blackmailing Pee Wee for $5,000 in hush money. Pee Wee tricked them into believing he would give them the money, then killed both of them and disposed of their bodies. Pee Wee continued killing and torturing other people he knew, including 13-year-old Kim Ghelkins, who, like so many others before her, resisted his sexual advances.

Pee Wee began confiding in Walter Neely, and he soon became Pee Wee’s trusted friend after helping him kill and dispose of two heathens who tried to steal Pee Wee’s shop equipment. Pee Wee showed Walter where he disposed of the bodies of all the other people he had killed, approximately 181 according to Pee Wee, which, if it’s true, makes him the most prolific serial killer in American history.

Neely eventually broke down and told police what he knew. Pee Wee was arrested and charged with nine counts of murder after police found the bodies of several of Pee Wee’s friends. Pee Wee was sentenced to death. He later confessed to seven additional murders to avoid additional death sentences. His sentence was commuted to life with seven consecutive life terms in November, 1976, after the US Supreme Court ruled the death penalty unconstitutional. In prison, Pee Wee thrived off of the royal treatment he received due to his notoriety. While in prison, Pee Wee was hired by Tony Cimo, son of Bill and Myrtle Moon (both victims of death row inmate, Rudolph Tyner) to kill his parents’ murderer, since they were both in prison together. Pee Wee had certain privileges in prison which allowed him rights other inmates didn’t have. Pee Wee was able to form a relationship with Tyner, posing as a drug dealer and lacing them with rat poison in attempts to kill him. After none of these attempts worked, Pee Wee fashioned a home-made bomb with C4, using a military-style boot with a hole cut in the heel to smuggle it around in the prison. Pee Wee rigged a device similar to a portable radio in Tyner’s death row cell and told Tyner this would allow them to communicate between cells. When Tyner followed Pee Wee’s instructions to hold a speaker to his ear at an agreed time, Pee Wee detonated the explosives in his cell and killed him. “The last thing he heard was me laughing,” Pee Wee later boasted. Pee Wee received the death penalty again after the murder of Rudolph Tyner.

While he was on death row, Pee Wee told his life story to a journalist by the name of Wilton Earle, and confessed to over 181 murders, including Margaret “Peg” Cuttino, the 12-year-old daughter of then SC senator James Cuttino, Jr. Someone else had been sentenced and was in prison for this crime, and police dismissed most of Pee Wee’s claims because they found them impossible to verify. Pee Wee said he had a “special mind” that gave him “permission to kill.”

Pee Wee Gaskins was executed on September 6, 1991, at 1:10AM. He was the fourth person to die in the electric chair after the death penalty was reinstated in South Carolina. His last words were, “I’ll let my lawyers talk for me. I’m ready to go.”

finaltruth1.jpg

^ The only true crime book I've ever read that truly, truly horrified me.

Janine

Mini Wiconi -Water Is Life!
181 people he murdered OMFG he is defiantly one of the most prolific serial killers in US history

AcIdBaTh

Still looking
The brook really freaked me out. I had to leave it face down so that I could not see PeeWee's eyes. I even left it outside on the porch during the week I read it. I didn't want it in the house- it just had too much evil in it.

ail

NewbieX
i have the book '' Final Truth '' and it gave me nightmares and i am not one to spook easy. i live in SC and i am amazed at the stories i hear about PeeWee it makes you stop and wonder.

mayhem

Rookie
Man thanks for your help, this one doesn't works to download it, 'cause you have to pay for it.. And I still haven't found any useful download of it, if I manage to find it I will post it here, and if you can help, it would be awesome

ail

NewbieX
you welcome and i am a girl not a Man but guess the name ail is confusing . no worry. i shall keep looking .
;)

GoreKnack

Amorte!
This one has always puzzled me. He kills all those people on the outside what 16 or so? Kills one more in prison and gets the ax. What did they think he was going to escape or something?

Back