Photos of Australia’s Bushfires

bgirl

The Wizard
So where were all the bleeding hearts when the entire town of Kinglake burned down and everyone was killed, the black friday fires? Black Sunday? 173 people died, that was worse. People are worth more than trees and roos.

Oh that's right you all didn't give a fuck because the international media didn't, climate change wasn't a buzzword yet, and the left wing government that was on watch at the time was re-elected. There were ZERO protests. These millennial organizer clowns protesting can play their little games to try depose a right wing government that doesn't have responsibility for state forests - state governments do, and no one is protesting the left wing ones, somehow it's the trump like federal Nazi's fault, seems like a pattern with losing sides lol, fire, brexit or Ukrainians = those nasty conservative federal governments must quit politics and let us (the losing team) decide what's best again.
You silly little snowflake, animals and trees have always been more important than people here. I remember that fire, there was a news thread at og about it I believe, and it made national news. In comparison, it was a minimal impact ecologically. This is different and I can assure you from experience that kind of devastation will take a generation or two to rebound, if it ever does. One thing you didn't mention when you were talking about natives back burning, the areas on fire are white areas, the black areas aren't on fire.

You're defending the people that were telling you all is well, how long was it exactly before you were told there's a problem? How's your air quality today?

Abyss

living is overrated
fucking mental, absolutely maddening, 2020 didnt start on the right foot at all. this is probably going to be a turning point and if its not then something is really wrong with the world, for better or for worse.

Guipago

Rookie
Bit more of a perspective, total burnt out in Aus. 8.4 million hectares, that's Scotland TOAST, any US state less than 20million acres TOAST or combination of those acres GONE. Burnt out in NSW (where I hide) is at least half of the total.
We are forecast to get 4 days of rain this week(believe it when I see it) Most of the wildlife where I am is dropping dead from drought & no food, the grass usually comes back pretty quick with good rain though, burnt out areas take longer, but whatever's there is already dead or narrowly escaped, the untold tragedy is the drought causing the farmers to shoot all there stock, that's gotta bend a few brains.

Graziani

VAFFANCULO A TUTTI
fucking mental, absolutely maddening, 2020 didnt start on the right foot at all. this is probably going to be a turning point and if its not then something is really wrong with the world, for better or for worse.
I remembered big fire in Portugal, but fire started with smart firefighters . THEY wanted to made more money and burned a big area. Motherfuckers

Last edited:

DrJ

Rookie
patient told me:
The indigenous tribes have lived in the bush for thousands of years and knew how not to light it on fire. White imperialist comes along and destroys this place and all its incredible beautiful creatures in a century.

flaws in argument - climate change factor, but it’s something to think about.
shout out to Australia-
if it’s any help to offer koala fostering in NYC, I am
here. 😢🐨