Puerto Rico Statehood Vote Wins Largest Share And Governor Luis Fortuno Concedes Defeat (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

mrln

silent ghost
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico — Puerto Ricans have supported U.S. statehood in a vote that jubilant members of the pro-statehood party say is the strongest sign yet that the Caribbean island territory is on the road to losing its second-class status.
But Tuesday's vote comes with an asterisk and an imposing political reality: The island remains bitterly divided over its relationship to the United States and many question the validity of this week's referendum.
Nearly a half million voters chose to leave a portion of the ballot blank. And voters also ousted the pro-statehood governor, eliminating one of the main advocates for a cause that would need the approval of the U.S. Congress.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...maing-grid7|maing7|dl11|sec1_lnk1&pLid=231684

they never wanted it before,now they do? is it because theyre country is going to shit and want to "mooch" now? i say no way. what do they have to offer us? we have more to offer than they do! we have enough onour hands to deal with,let alone a corrupt govt from a province that has more scumbags per capita! not say i hate pr's,dont get me wrong...

b2ux

Banned
This user was banned
lmfao right,..... now they all got to learn english after that its all good...........
and hey look at the up side they now have to pay taxes no more free ride haha .............

more welfare from my tax dollars. Fuck that!

no they were getting that and full blown wealfare and food stamps without paying taxes or anything there money is us money so this at least sticks them in with the rest of us they now must pay taxes

and hey time to start a flag business all of em are wrong now lmfao......

Back