Python kills 2 kids in Canada (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

DirtyDiamonds

I'll swallow your soul!
There are thousands of pythons of the type that killed two little boys in New Brunswick Monday, but a fatal attack on humans is extremely rare, experts say.

Police in Campbellton, N.B., said a snake escaped its enclosure at an exotic pet store at some point in the night and travelled through the building’s ventilation system to an apartment upstairs. The boys, aged 5 and 7, were found around 6:30 a.m.

Both had been strangled by the snake.

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/why-di...extremely-rare-attack-1.1398969#ixzz2bFKyF8Ec

So did the one kid just watch the other kid die and be like "Hey that might be cool"????????????

DirtyDiamonds

I'll swallow your soul!
holy shit . .. the way it happened. Still I wouldn't have one in the house and neither would I liv above a store with kids that had more than one.

No mention of how big it is.
I used to have a red tail boa (her name was Alice... after the master) but thinking of how huge she was going to get... we found her a home with someone more experienced..... with no kids.

wino

DILLIGAF
I used to have a red tail boa (her name was Alice... after the master) but thinking of how huge she was going to get... we found her a home with someone more experienced..... with no kids.

I hate the bloody things to touch, but the daughter RUNS to them in cages or not, and all the better if she gets to hold one ( which means I gotta help ). Thankfully it's not just snakes she likes she is pretty much all over any bloody animal that will cause her harm. Bloody kid.

LOL trust you to have one and name it after god himself, he's got some bloody funny stories about the snakes he has had over the years.
Alice-Cooper-and-the-snakes_1992-1300a_onstage-mishaps_aol-musicuk_290710.jpg

TessDeco

Rookie
holy shit . .. the way it happened. Still I wouldn't have one in the house and neither would I liv above a store with kids that had more than one.

No mention of how big it is.

"RCMP said the snake is an African rock python, as long as 4.5 metres and weighing approximately 45 kg. The non-venomous snake typically kills by constricting its victims."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/story/2013/08/05/nb-two-die-boa-attack.html

So that's like 15 feet and 99 pounds!
Why did the kids not scream and wake someone up? I didn't think a big snake could move that fast ..?

DirtyDiamonds

I'll swallow your soul!
I hate the bloody things to touch, but the daughter RUNS to them in cages or not, and all the better if she gets to hold one ( which means I gotta help ). Thankfully it's not just snakes she likes she is pretty much all over any bloody animal that will cause her harm. Bloody kid.

LOL trust you to have one and name it after god himself, he's got some bloody funny stories about the snakes he has had over the years.
View attachment 131102
Our girl would have looked like that full grown. Alice knows how to handle those buggers!! LOL Plus our pet store closed down and it was hard to find live food for our Alice... she's happier now, I'm sure... and I'm happier than I won't be eaten.

wino

DILLIGAF
Our girl would have looked like that full grown. Alice knows how to handle those buggers!! LOL Plus our pet store closed down and it was hard to find live food for our Alice... she's happier now, I'm sure... and I'm happier than I won't be eaten.

lol ;0

wino

DILLIGAF
"RCMP said the snake is an African rock python, as long as 4.5 metres and weighing approximately 45 kg. The non-venomous snake typically kills by constricting its victims."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/story/2013/08/05/nb-two-die-boa-attack.html

So that's like 15 feet and 99 pounds!
Why did the kids not scream and wake someone up? I didn't think a big snake could move that fast ..?

musta missed that. and yeah it all seems a bit strange how it could get 2 kids. Did you read the first or second comment below the story ?

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
That snake must have gotten each one by the neck with immediate constriction. I guess that the first brother was too big to swallow after killing him so it moved to the next thing that was breathing.

Sad story and seems like a total fluke that it was able to slither around and kill 2 kids, let alone kill one of them, without a noise from either brother. I'll be heading to NB in early October but I'll be watching for snakes.

1. The two brothers that were asphyxiated by the snake.
brothers-killed-by-python-NB-aug6-13.jpg

Moo

Rookie
Me too gman. It's tragic however it happened, but very odd. News can change quickly though... poor Oscar, he shot his girlfriend thinking she was an intruder! Oh... wait...

Angelii

Rookie
There are thousands of pythons of the type that killed two little boys in New Brunswick Monday, but a fatal attack on humans is extremely rare, experts say.

Police in Campbellton, N.B., said a snake escaped its enclosure at an exotic pet store at some point in the night and travelled through the building’s ventilation system to an apartment upstairs. The boys, aged 5 and 7, were found around 6:30 a.m.

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/why-di...extremely-rare-attack-1.1398969#ixzz2bFKyF8Ec

So did the one kid just watch the other kid die and be like "Hey that might be cool"????????????
maybe the one kid was fast asleep I mean you don't really think your gonna die that way

LizzieRider

Lurker

That is EXACTLY what I just said to my co-worker!

wino

DILLIGAF
The large python that is believed to have strangled two young New Brunswick brothers while they slept was being held in the apartment where the boys were sleeping, not in the reptile store below as previously believed.

RCMP Sgt. Alain Tremblay confirmed Tuesday during a news conference that a criminal investigation has been launched into the incident.

Tremblay said the snake was being held in an aquarium when it somehow managed to enter the apartment's ventilation system. It then fell through the ceiling into the living room where the brothers were sleeping.

"Right now, we're still looking at evidence in the apartment to determine exactly how the snake could get into the ventilation system," Tremblay said.

Autopsies on the bodies of the boys -- who've been identified as Noah Barthe, 5, and Connor Barthe, 7 -- were scheduled to take place Tuesday in Saint John.

Tremblay said the results of the autopsies will confirm the causes of death.
Police have yet to say if any charges will be laid in the tragic deaths, which experts have described as extremely rare.

"I have 23 years of service, and I've never been involved in such a terrible story,” Tremblay said.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/snake-...-in-apartment-where-they-slept-rcmp-1.1399386

aRyan

TRUMP or BUST
Getting killed by a giant snake that is crushing the life out of you must be one of the most shocking and terrifying ways to die. Just the suddenness of it all and then when you finally understand what the fuck is actually happening to you.. good god, I wouldn't really wish that on my worst enemy.

Rest In Peace, children.

Ismene

NewbieX
Is there any new information regarding this incident? Was photos of the bodies published anywhere?
I'm perplexed by the lack of details what comes to the autopsy. Why is there no mention of bite marks, bruises or broken bones, if the snake indeed was the culprit? At the moment it's very hard for me to buy this story.

Firegoddess420

♥ Super Dank ♥
That snake must have gotten each one by the neck with immediate constriction. I guess that the first brother was too big to swallow after killing him so it moved to the next thing that was breathing.

Sad story and seems like a total fluke that it was able to slither around and kill 2 kids, let alone kill one of them, without a noise from either brother. I'll be heading to NB in early October but I'll be watching for snakes.

1. The two brothers that were asphyxiated by the snake.
View attachment 131341
awe.. so sad so sweet looking..they must have been sound asleep.

W

Witchfynde

Internet Warrior
Next time your kids annoy you about getting a pet - just show them this story
. Poor Kids

beaverbreath

Well Known Member
I think there's something 'off' about this case. I could be wrong of course, but it's just a feeling I get.
If I recall, the kids had visited the snake in the store earlier in the day. Speculation was that it followed their scent through the ventilation ducts.
Also, there was also mention that they were on a sleep-over. Not sure if they had a friend over, or were the visitors. The news article didn't mention it.

Back