DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Fouzia Azeem (Urdu: فوزیہ عظیم‎; March 1, 1990 – July 15, 2016), better known by the name Qandeel Baloch (Urdu: قندیل بلوچ‎), was a Pakistani model, actress, feminist activist and social media celebrity. Baloch rose to prominence due to her videos discussing her daily routine and various controversial issues.

Baloch first received recognition from the media in 2013, when she auditioned for Pakistan Idol; her audition went viral and she became an Internet celebrity. She was one of the top 10 most searched for persons on the internet in Pakistan and both celebrated and criticised for the content of her videos and posts.

Baloch was born on 1 March 1990 in Dera Ghazi Khan, Punjab. She hailed from Shah Sadar Din. She had six brothers and six sisters. Her first job was as a bus hostess.

Source

Multan, Pakistan, Jul 15-16, 2016

Set 1.

1. In Life.
female-social-media-sensation-murdered-by-her-brother-honour-killing-1-Multan-PK-jul-16-16.jpg

female-social-media-sensation-murdered-by-her-brother-honour-killing-2-Multan-PK-jul-16-16.jpg

female-social-media-sensation-murdered-by-her-brother-honour-killing-3-Multan-PK-jul-16-16.jpg

4. Photos/videos that she posted like this one and the next, likely concerned her family, in a culture where the belief is that women are not supposed to be doing things like this.
female-social-media-sensation-murdered-by-her-brother-honour-killing-4-Multan-PK-jul-16-16.jpg

female-social-media-sensation-murdered-by-her-brother-honour-killing-5-Multan-PK-jul-16-16.jpg

OP
DeathHand

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
On 15 July 2016, Baloch was asphyxiated by her brother Waseem while she was asleep in her parents' house in Multan. Her death was reported by her father Azeem. It was first reported as a shooting, but an autopsy report confirmed that Baloch was murdered by asphyxiation while she was asleep.

By the time her body was found she had already been dead for fifteen to thirty six hours. Marks on Baloch's body revealed that her mouth and nose were pinned shut to asphyxiate her. Police called the murder an honor killing.

A 'First Information Report' against her brother Waseem and her other brother Aslam Shaheen, who allegedly persuaded Waseem to kill their sister, was issued. Baloch's father Azeem stated in the FIR that his sons Aslam Shaheen and Waseem were responsible for their sister’s death and had killed her for her money. Her father told the press "my daughter was brave and I will not forget or forgive her brutal murder."

Waseem was arrested on the evening of 16 July. He confessed to murdering his sister, saying "she [Qandeel Baloch] was bringing disrepute to our family's honour and I could not tolerate it any further. I killed her around 11:30 p.m. on Friday night when everyone else had gone to bed. My brother is not involved in the murder."

Source

Set 2. After Murder.

female-social-media-sensation-murdered-by-her-brother-honour-killing-6-Multan-PK-jul-16-16.jpg

female-social-media-sensation-murdered-by-her-brother-honour-killing-7-Multan-PK-jul-16-16.jpg

female-social-media-sensation-murdered-by-her-brother-honour-killing-8-Multan-PK-jul-16-16.jpg

4. Her brother as he was arrested by police.
female-social-media-sensation-murdered-by-her-brother-honour-killing-9-Multan-PK-jul-16-16.jpg

Totentanz

Lurking Lurker
I will never understand the "logic" of honor killing. It's always a woman in the family who is killed because she "brought dishonor" to the family. Because when I think of a murderer, the first thing I think is how "honorable" the person must be and how "proud" the family is of them.

maven

Southern Charm
Saw this story yesterday and was sickened by it. She had to have known something like this could happen. Should have gotten out of the country in order to pursue her career. She was so beautiful & this barbaric tradition should be banned. Nicely put together DH.

I'd like to take a machete and separate that smug looking face from his body.

Last edited: