Random images from your camera

LjDes

Forum Veteran
I checked out their website, it looks like a dumpy SRO

Beavers are amazing animals both with respect to their ability to build shit and their social bonding. I feel quite bad for the ones I've killed.
Don't take it to heart, they can also be very destructive blocking off creeks and run off Chanel's. We had a natural drain blocked by beavers, creating a virtual lake system in the back 40. Fortunately the property was just bush and wasn't really useful for anything other than hunting...The flooded area did support a Heron Rookery tho 🙂

LjDes

Forum Veteran
Don't take it to heart, they can also be very destructive blocking off creeks and run off Chanel's. We had a natural drain blocked by beavers, creating a virtual lake system in the back 40. Fortunately the property was just bush and wasn't really useful for anything other than hunting...The flooded area did support a Heron Rookery tho 🙂

Bill Murray

Dry Drunk

I know, thats why I was killing the furry fucks. They would block culverts resulting in road washouts and our well leases getting flooded. Family has a fishing cabin near Kitimat, BC and when we were building it back in the early 80's beavers were a pain in the ass with chewing up the plywood we had onsite. Guess they were attracted to the glue. End up having to wrap all the lower surfaces with wire mesh.

Cool video

LjDes

Forum Veteran
I know, thats why I was killing the furry fucks. They would block culverts resulting in road washouts and our well leases getting flooded. Family has a fishing cabin near Kitimat, BC and when we were building it back in the early 80's beavers were a pain in the ass with chewing up the plywood we had onsite. Guess they were attracted to the glue. End up having to wrap all the lower surfaces with wire mesh.

Cool video
Gotta do whatcha gotta do brother.
I'm not sure about now but back in the day their pelts fetched a pretty penny.
But yeah, the second vid outta Ottawa in the swamp, was more like the way it was. Thanks 🤙

Bill Murray

Dry Drunk
Gotta do whatcha gotta do brother.
I'm not sure about now but back in the day their pelts fetched a pretty penny.
But yeah, the second vid outta Ottawa in the swamp, was more like the way it was. Thanks 🤙
I used to have very few moral issues with killing wild animals for sport, food or in the case of beavers pest control but as I've got older have turned into kind of a pussy. I watched a documentary about beavers and their social structure and they really are amazing. They bond/mate for life, love (in a beavery animal way) and grieve and it made me feel quite bad for blowing their heads off. Would go out in the evenings after working my normal shift, get some music playing in the truck, set up a lawn chair & cooler with a few beers beside their sloughs (were nine I could cycle through), sight in the scope and wait. If I'd see one swimming by would be patient and try to pop them. Some evenings would strikeout, best was five but usually one or two. Were quite smart and dodgy.

Mom has a beaver stole and ya, feels nice.

🇨🇦

Blood_Sport

Utter bastard
The tide was just heading out and the sea was totally calm
20201018_161501.jpg

LjDes

Forum Veteran
I used to have very few moral issues with killing wild animals for sport, food or in the case of beavers pest control but as I've got older have turned into kind of a pussy. I watched a documentary about beavers and their social structure and they really are amazing. They bond/mate for life, love (in a beavery animal way) and grieve and it made me feel quite bad for blowing their heads off. Would go out in the evenings after working my normal shift, get some music playing in the truck, set up a lawn chair & cooler with a few beers beside their sloughs (were nine I could cycle through), sight in the scope and wait. If I'd see one swimming by would be patient and try to pop them. Some evenings would strikeout, best was five but usually one or two. Were quite smart and dodgy.

Mom has a beaver stole and ya, feels nice.

🇨🇦
Impressive.
To be quite honest, I can count on one hand the times that I've actually seen a beaver(alive). They seem to be more of a nocturnal dweller than anything I find.
My friend Jerry, and I were out hunting for rabids, sorry wabbits one time(winter)when we came upon a beefer trap in the ice(back 40)Jerry opened it with couple of rounds from his 12 and holy shit, the trap(conibear) was triggered and within it was a huge beefer(dead). The thing must have weighed 40 plus pounds! We put it back as the trap belonged to one of the Quinn boys according to Jerry. That's the closest that I ever came to one. Stink? Stank like a motha fucka P.U. ugh disgusting lol glad we put it back.

msr

AHHHHH FUCK
Impressive.
To be quite honest, I can count on one hand the times that I've actually seen a beaver(alive). They seem to be more of a nocturnal dweller than anything I find.
My friend Jerry, and I were out hunting for rabids, sorry wabbits one time(winter)when we came upon a beefer trap in the ice(back 40)Jerry opened it with couple of rounds from his 12 and holy shit, the trap(conibear) was triggered and within it was a huge beefer(dead). The thing must have weighed 40 plus pounds! We put it back as the trap belonged to one of the Quinn boys according to Jerry. That's the closest that I ever came to one. Stink? Stank like a motha fucka P.U. ugh disgusting lol glad we put it back.
Are you French? Your English could use a bit of work. js.