Random War pics (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Interregnum

first floor room 16
Romania, 1989.

Romanian%2BRevolution%2Bin%2Bpictures%252C%2B1989%2B%252818%2529.jpg
i know many dictators and i can tell you ceaușescu was not the brightest in the political landscape even though he started good but in the last years in his career he absolutely lost any relation to reality

• Agree
Reactions: McM

DeadCold

Rookie
The asymmetrically built observer plane Blohm & Voss 141, Germany WW2. Had holdings for 4 small bombs and some MGs for defense.

serveimage

serveimage
That is wild looking. I can prob betcha that plane did have a weight limit for that seat. Doesnt look neither the prop or canopy were located center. Therefor no fatty's on that allowed or it was flying sideways LMAO :p

DeadCold

Rookie
It had 3 seats, could lift over a ton but wasn't very fast but the pilot and observers had a good view from the cabin, at least at one side. They used the same kind of gondola on other observers too.

Focke Wulf 189

1280px-Focke-Wulf_Fw_189A-3_%28SA-kuva_130320%29.jpg
Having the one prop I cant see it going very fast. Even one prop planes of todays standards are still pretty slow. I believe 180 knots is usually top speed of most of them.

What I find more interesting about this plane, is the one prop, making it slow, and most prop planes had a medium to medium-low ceiling. This must of been an easy target to take down. Not that you want it going fast. Hard to take Kodak moments whipping through the skies :p

Its nice knowing that even Germany had its odd taste in machines. For most part of the war, they were the leaders of the skies. Thanks Murph, Ive had an interest in aviation and somehow never seen this one. I like it.

Reactions: McM

McM

ARSELING
Yeah, many good ideas and advanced prototypes but at the end the number of reliable, strong aircraft in the air was more important. There was nothing better than the American P-51 and 47 at the end of the war in terms of fighter planes. Not to speak of the 4-mot bombers the Germans didn't have at all, only a rebuilt version of a civil aircraft which was too weak constructed to serve as a real bomber. It was used as a long-range reconnaissance or special purpose plane for the navy mostly.

serveimage

serveimage

Back