Rapists get life imprisonment for violating 40-yr-old woman and plucking eye (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Cold Ethyl

Super Moderator
Super Moderator

In Bauchi, two middle-aged men, Mohammed Sani Alias Bambi, 30, and Sabo Rabo, got life imprisonment on Wednesday, December 6, 2017, for raping a 40-year-old woman, removing one of her eyes and damaging the other.
The crime occurred on March 1, 2014, at Yelwan Dawani located in the town of Toroaccording to Justice Rabi Umar, in her ruling on the matter. She also confirmed that the accused were first arraigned before her on March 4, 2015, with charges of conspiracy, rape, causing grievous hurt and an attempt to commit culpable homicide.
In partnership with two other suspects still at large, the culprits violently assaulted the victim who was described as a cripple according to the Daily Post News.
One of the accused, Bitrus Yakubu, also known as Japan, reportedly died at the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Teaching Hospital, Bauchi, while awaiting trial.
Prosecution had proved his case beyond reasonable doubt, therefore, the court has no option than to sentence the two convicts to life in prison without an option of fine.
“I have heard the plea for leniency but I will be quick to say that the first and second defendants deserve no sympathy because their action reveals how callous and barbaric they are.
“I, therefore, could best describe you as devils in human skins who must be taken away from the streets,”
Umar mentioned in her final verdict.
A plea for leniency requested by the defendants was denied by the judge who maintained that the crime was a grave one and considers her ruling a justified outcome.
Rapists get life imprisonment for violating 40-yr-old woman

Back