Religion...To Each Their Own?

D.O.A.

These are great days we're living, bros
And crusaders even got a 'plenary indulgence' for all their sins in life. :Hurr:
First crusade was a get out of jail free card for every criminal and psychopath in Europe at the time, even those ex-communicated. You could rape and murder your way across the middle east and the pope would forgive you for whatever that takes to capture that shit, if you survived.

• Agree
Reactions: McM
A 30'ish man and woman from a local Baptist church came to my front door yesterday (right around supper-time).

They started by offering me a "Jesus Saves" pamphlet (which I politely declined), and then proceeded to inform me that those who do not "know" their Jesus are "lost" and in "darkness," but those who do "know" and "accept" their Jesus are "found" and in the "light."

I politely asked them why they proactively came to my door with their pamphlet and their proselytizing.
They told me that they were attempting to "reach the 'lost'," and were doing so "out of 'love', and with a 'humble' spirit."

I responded to them firmly, but very politely (because I view them as pitiful sheep who are unable or unwilling to think for themselves).

I instructed them that it was the direct antithesis of a "humble spirit" to profess that they are "found," and that anyone who doesn't believe what they say is "lost." In effect, they are proclaiming a form of self-righteousness.
I asked them if they could not see the duplicity and hypocrisy of their mindset.

The young man remained silent, but the young woman...after a few seconds...told me that they should be able to "believe the way they want to believe without being criticized." Then she went on to say..."to each their own."

I then instructed the young woman that I really have no problem with the concept of "to each their own," but I advised her that I was not on her doorstep instructing her about my beliefs...but instead, she and her gentleman friend were on my doorstep instructing me about their beliefs.

I asked her how she would respond if I came to her doorstep the following evening and instructed her that she was "lost" unless she excepted my beliefs.
She told her male friend it was time to go, and as they were walking down my porch steps, she turned and told me..."I'll pray for you."
I immediately responded by telling her..."That is just another statement that is more evidence of your perceived self-righteousness, and self-righteousness is the main thing that your Jesus condemned." They both then continued walking away without saying anything else.

And therein is the inherent problem with "religious" people in general, and with Christians in particular...
They like to pay lip-service to the words "to each his own"...and yet they proactively and sanctimoniously attempt to infuse their beliefs into politics, into schools, and into the homes of other people.

Regards,
-Ward
Shocked I'd agree with you on anything, was delighted to read this.

A 30'ish man and woman from a local Baptist church came to my front door yesterday (right around supper-time).

They started by offering me a "Jesus Saves" pamphlet (which I politely declined), and then proceeded to inform me that those who do not "know" their Jesus are "lost" and in "darkness," but those who do "know" and "accept" their Jesus are "found" and in the "light."

I politely asked them why they proactively came to my door with their pamphlet and their proselytizing.
They told me that they were attempting to "reach the 'lost'," and were doing so "out of 'love', and with a 'humble' spirit."

I responded to them firmly, but very politely (because I view them as pitiful sheep who are unable or unwilling to think for themselves).

I instructed them that it was the direct antithesis of a "humble spirit" to profess that they are "found," and that anyone who doesn't believe what they say is "lost." In effect, they are proclaiming a form of self-righteousness.
I asked them if they could not see the duplicity and hypocrisy of their mindset.

The young man remained silent, but the young woman...after a few seconds...told me that they should be able to "believe the way they want to believe without being criticized." Then she went on to say..."to each their own."

I then instructed the young woman that I really have no problem with the concept of "to each their own," but I advised her that I was not on her doorstep instructing her about my beliefs...but instead, she and her gentleman friend were on my doorstep instructing me about their beliefs.

I asked her how she would respond if I came to her doorstep the following evening and instructed her that she was "lost" unless she excepted my beliefs.
She told her male friend it was time to go, and as they were walking down my porch steps, she turned and told me..."I'll pray for you."
I immediately responded by telling her..."That is just another statement that is more evidence of your perceived self-righteousness, and self-righteousness is the main thing that your Jesus condemned." They both then continued walking away without saying anything else.

And therein is the inherent problem with "religious" people in general, and with Christians in particular...
They like to pay lip-service to the words "to each his own"...and yet they proactively and sanctimoniously attempt to infuse their beliefs into politics, into schools, and into the homes of other people.

Regards,
-Ward
I shall also pray for you for you surely are lost...

Does church of Satan qualify for tax free status?
I wonder if Freemasonry does too?
I'm a member of the satanic temple. Just had to email them and I'm in. They sell plastic id cards like bank cards and I thought having one in my wallet would be funny next time police stop and search me. But they are $25 so fuck that

ChodoTBaggins

Molester Mouse
I'm a member of the satanic temple. Just had to email them and I'm in. They sell plastic id cards like bank cards and I thought having one in my wallet would be funny next time police stop and search me. But they are $25 so fuck that
Does the sect/coven agree with Laveys satanism or is more theistic?

Humans have looked for ways to deceive people to make them believe that there is life after they die, and precisely because of that fear of knowing that someday they will die, but we are just simple animals that fulfill our daily needs.

ChodoTBaggins

Molester Mouse
I watched the documentary on Netflix, they don't believe in Satan they just don't like organised religion. They are pretty tame really but like using baphomet statues and pentagrams.
Most satanists are like that. Only met a few theists or serious ones who take satanic teachings to a deeper level. Just generally helping each other achieve goals.

Graziani

GIRL I DONT FUCK YOUR ASS. ONLY PUSSY
Humans have looked for ways to deceive people to make them believe that there is life after they die, and precisely because of that fear of knowing that someday they will die, but we are just simple animals that fulfill our daily needs.
Nice point of view. We are just animals in a little planet. Earth is nothing to Universe, shit of bug.

ChodoTBaggins

Molester Mouse
Nice point of view. We are just animals in a little planet. Earth is nothing to Universe.
It is true, but also has somewhat of nihilistic tone to it. Earth to me is the universe, it's so beautiful and with so much variety. Being alive in any circumstance is a blessing.

SPHINCTERPUNCH

PUNCHED THAT SPHINCTER!

Regards,
-Ward
I personally like the "Dry Marker" 666 on the Forehead ,And answer the Door Totally Nude! I think that is gonna work well! Lmao...SP

D.O.A.

These are great days we're living, bros
Does church of Satan qualify for tax free status?
I wonder if Freemasonry does too?
I don't think the COS do, imo it was built so Anton Lavey could get laid. That whole church is like a wrestling cosplay gimmick. I think there's one called satans temple or some shit, that actually is tax exempt. If the Scientologists and the church of the flying spaghetti Monster can do it, why not.

Man who wore colander on his head for gun licence photo says it is part of Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster’s religion
74ebffd6a17ac4df875d3e33420f941c.jpeg