Remains of Dead WW2 Soldiers (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SPHINCTERPUNCH

THE SPHINCTER PUNCHER!
Nice find "DH",Thanks Bro...
The thing that confuses me here,is for the fact that they waited until now,to look for fallen or missing Soldiers? I'm kind of "On the Fence" about the hole thing,but I'm sure there's both" Good and Bad" reasons for what their doing here...Anybody think that they shoulda been left to rest??? SP

Sandberger

Well Known Member
Nice find "DH",Thanks Bro...
The thing that confuses me here,is for the fact that they waited until now,to look for fallen or missing Soldiers? I'm kind of "On the Fence" about the hole thing,but I'm sure there's both" Good and Bad" reasons for what their doing here...Anybody think that they shoulda been left to rest??? SP

There were just too many of fallen soldiers in Russia. They were digging them up whole Soviet time, they are digging now, and still there are thousands of graves/trenches and in some places even skeletons on ground in forests and swamps. Too many..

SPHINCTERPUNCH

THE SPHINCTER PUNCHER!
There were just too many of fallen soldiers in Russia. They were digging them up whole Soviet time, they are digging now, and still there are thousands of graves/trenches and in some places even skeletons on ground in forests and swamps. Too many..
Holy shit eh...I had no idea that there was that many of them left behind,thousands upon thousands of them? Damn,lost info on location possibly?,Or maybe it's more of an expense thing?
I can only imagine how tuff dealing with that whole mess must b...how unfortunate!
SP

Sandberger

Well Known Member
Both reasons I guess- expense thing and lost info. These diggers are volunteers, government is not usually supporting them. And about info.. they are actually even still not sure how many people died in war:

And if 8,668,400 military deaths is true number, then it is taking lot of time to find all of them. There where big battles in swamps and forests, some 20 000 casualties maybe in one battle and big mess, there was not possible to gather information about each single soldier's grave. And it was not a priority also.

About casualties of Wehrmacht and SS on Soviet Union territory- soviets destroyed their field cemeteries and after battles dead Germans were just left on the ground or maybe buried to trenches and bomb holes. Sometimes Germans and Soviet soldiers were buried in one big mass grave and now if somebody will find that kind of grave, it is a big mess there. Also, it was possible that some soldiers used weapons or clothes taken from enemy and in some trench-grave is a skeleton with Wehrmacht boots and Russian weapon.

Reactions: McM

McM

ARSELING
I saw a docu about these diggers and a German organization searching for remains and send them away to bury them. In the extended Caucasus mountain region, the ice and snow are partly moving back or disappears due to the climate and they found more fallen soldiers.

Back