Ron Paul on Egypt: U.S. Meddling Leads to Unintended Consequences (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

aRyan

TRUMP or BUST

Well said. By the way, there is a book Unintended Consequences. My all time favorite. Get it!

wino

DILLIGAF
So after this guy is gone aRyan what next for Egypt ?

I dont think from what I've read its eva gonna be a democratic country, do you ?

You know you lot cant bomb/annex it

matahari

Star Fox 64
I have a dear family friend who's father and his father's family are from Egypt. We are watching this closely and getting news from the people who are there (his family). I don't care if they want to be democratic or not. I am not so sure of the effectiveness of democracy as it stands. I do hope that the people get to be free in a way that satisfies them.

ubee

shalom
nobody knows the outcome, sometimes they backfire on us
history has shown that this happens more than sometimes tbh.

the man does make sense, he could have been president if it wasn't for the fact he's not an ass-kissing pencil monkey.

one of the reasons the US is meddling in(apart from Israel duh) is the Suez Canal, it needs it to get it's war ships to hot spots in the middle east aqap.

matahari

Star Fox 64
I would agree with that as well. I say let the Israeli's fight their own battles and call in their debts. Isn't any battle about money/land?

D.O.A.

We are Kings
Egypt's just gonna become another long line of third rate countries that hate us all. More then they do already, anyway. Wolves in sheeps clothing lol. The muslim brotherhood will be dancing in the streets - oh wait, they are.

The Brotherhood now focused its energies on building a genuine party base. The party’s calls for the implementation of a shari’a based order, which characterised its practice of politics two decades ago, gave way to a broader engagement with human rights issues and corruption related issues. From having just one elected candidate out of 444 in Egypt’s national assembly in 1995, the Brotherhood rose to 17 in 2000, and 88 in 2010. From 2007 on, worried by its rising influence, Mr Mubarak brought the Brotherhood under increasingly harsh control.

There is at least some evidence that suggests that the Brotherhood’s faith in electoral politics is skin-deep. Farag Foda, a journalist, was murdered by Islamists for his critical writings about the Brotherhood. In 1994, Naguib Mahfouz, the Nobel Prize-winning novelist, survived an assassination attempt for having written the Children of Gabalawi – a novel that featured an allegedly heretical conception conceptions of the Prophet Muhammad. Nasr Abu Zaid, a well-respected Egyptian scholar who suggested the Quran ought be read metaphorically, rather than as the world of god, was compelled by Egypt’s courts to divorce his wife.

From the Brotherhood’s social networking site – devoted to “connecting the world with the Muslim look” – it is clear that there’s still room in the fold for rabid anti-Semitic invective. The Islamist slogan, “the Quran is our constitution, jihad is our way, and death in the way of Allah is our highest hope,” is up there, too.

Last year, Islamist students at the Cairo University defied a ban on the niqab, or full-face veil, which was implemented as part of an effort to block cheating during examinations. In the summer, the Brotherhood backed calls to censor erotic passage from the Thousand and One Nights.

Is this Egypt’s future? More than a few experts believe that the Brotherhood has mellowed, becoming, in the worlds of the scholars Robert Leiken and Steven Brooke, the Fabians of the Islamist movement. Zeyno Baran, however, disagrees, arguing the Brotherhood has used deception “to disguise their true agenda.” More likely than not, the debate will soon be settled – on the streets.

mrln

silent ghost
history has shown that this happens more than sometimes tbh.

the man does make sense, he could have been president if it wasn't for the fact he's not an ass-kissing pencil monkey.

one of the reasons the US is meddling in(apart from Israel duh) is the Suez Canal, it needs it to get it's war ships to hot spots in the middle east aqap.

yea but when uprising occurs and the us doesnt do anything,were considered as "watching from the sidelines" the people complain were not doing anything and cry for help. WHEN the us is there in the hotspot fighting and such,were butting in,and want to show use of power,and show off what the military has. so either way,we cant win! "dammed if you do,dammed if you dont"

Back