accident Safety Goggles (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Stormy Llewellyn

Forum Veteran
I was getting vibes that he was angry the glasses didn't work, but without them it would have been horrible. Maybe he was upset the saw broke... maybe the whole situation.... What the hell was he trying to do anyway?? Why do I always overthink these things??? 😖

GarGoil

Forum Veteran
I was getting vibes that he was angry the glasses didn't work, but without them it would have been horrible. Maybe he was upset the saw broke... maybe the whole situation.... What the hell was he trying to do anyway?? Why do I always overthink these things??? 😖
He was attempting to use a very common and dangerous tool known as a disc cutter. This handheld tool has a high velocity rotating disc that cuts objects and is used in a manner similar to an angle grinder. I have seen many of these discs break while in use resulting in the user being injured. My co-worker was using one to remove the head of a screw, set in concrete, when the disc broke cutting two of his fingers.

lechmich

Forum Veteran
Aeons ago when I worked a trade, I lost count of the amount of times I saw guys using a cutoff wheel to grind, or the amount of times I went to use a cutoff wheel that looked like it was about to explode because of the same reason. Angle grinders are the single most disregarded safetywise tool in industry IMHO...

Back