Scandinavian tourists found dead with 'knife wounds' in Morocco’s High Atlas mountains (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

black max

Fresh Meat
My First post ever.

Two female tourists from Scandinavia have been found dead in Morocco, local police announced today.

Three men have been arrested after two female backpackers were found with severe neck injuries in their tent at a popular trekking spot in Morocco.

The tourists from Denmark and Norway, who were in their 20s, were discovered Dec. 18 near the village of Imlil in the High Atlas mountain range where they had set up their tent.

They have been named as Louisa Jespersen, 24, from Denmark, and Maren Ueland, 28, from Norway, who were on a monthlong trip across the North African country.

48406473_756174244775201_6618783905828831232_n.jpg 48379183_756174284775197_5164930964962410496_n.jpg 48376949_2156677711035175_4231095737829556224_n.jpg

ScHoLaR oF SMuT

Forum Veteran
he lifted louisa head..someone blurt "head of enemy god.... this for our isis brothers in syria"

the 2 girls before they headed up mountain to make base camp were asking questions about it down in village and likely the killers easily tracked them later
*reminds me of brazil...when tourist ask hotel front desk for directions and surprise surprise the tourist get ambushed/robbed/chopped up .

RIP louissa and maren:rose::rose:

black max

Fresh Meat
I am actually from Morocco and live abroad but I confirm that we have such a nice country and people are really friendly but Ive never went up to mountain alone except with bunch of friends. as a man I would never ever go somewhere up in to the wild alone without kinda guide or someone from security even one guy who lives around the place where the crime happened said in TV report that foreigners need to get a guide. Anyway RIP.

alhazred

All Fanatics Must Die
Black Max: The area in question is reportedly one of the most peaceful in Morocco, very low crime and the local population are known to be very friendly. Scandinavians have traveled there for decades. The purpetrators were not from the area, if I've understood correctly. The two girls were experienced with wildlife. That said, most of the Norwegians who've commented mentioned that they had not traveled without a guide in the mountains.

Also, the video disappeared already. Could you reupload it, perhaps even zip it with a password and neutral name (or something)? It keeps slipping away from me (I also have horribly bad bandwidth, one working link got nuked while downloading)

jhp

NewbieX
Has the video been confirmed as being real (As in one of the girls?) or is this an old video being resurfaced to gain attention so everyone would think it one of those girls?

alhazred

All Fanatics Must Die
jhp said:
Has the video been confirmed as being real (As in one of the girls?) or is this an old video being resurfaced to gain attention so everyone would think it one of those girls?

Norwegian and Danish police have studied the video, and although its authenticity is not yet confirmed, there's no indication that it's an unrelated video. Norwegian press frame the attack as pertaining to terror, as the men in the video reportedly mention something about the war in Syria, etc. But other reports suggest that the attack was sexually motivated, and that the girls were stalked before they were attacked. I'm inclined to think the latter, and that they just justified the attack/murders using IS rhetoric.

Had it been a terror attack, they could have attacked many larger tourist groups. The fact that they tried to get away and not seek martyrdom also supports a less divine underlying cause than what IS usually purports to follow.

PS. Amanda: Scandinavia is an area that consists of Norway, Sweden and Denmark - so both girls were Scandinavian. Also, I agree with your point.

Burnt Öfferings

daddy clothes
Norwegian and Danish police have studied the video, and although its authenticity is not yet confirmed, there's no indication that it's an unrelated video. Norwegian press frame the attack as pertaining to terror, as the men in the video reportedly mention something about the war in Syria, etc. But other reports suggest that the attack was sexually motivated, and that the girls were stalked before they were attacked. I'm inclined to think the latter, and that they just justified the attack/murders using IS rhetoric.

Had it been a terror attack, they could have attacked many larger tourist groups. The fact that they tried to get away and not seek martyrdom also supports a less divine underlying cause than what IS usually purports to follow.

That's a lot of effort to make something look like a terror attack if it wasn't.

PS. Amanda: Scandinavia is an area that consists of Norway, Sweden and Denmark - so both girls were Scandinavian. Also, I agree with your point.

Yes, of course I know we all are a part of Scandinavia, but one of the poor girls were a countryman of me...this hurts even more somehow, as I am reading about her devastated poor parents in the newspapers. It`s so sad and cruel what have happened to them

black max

Fresh Meat
I have full video by the way that one is not complete
Honestly I think the video is really belongs to the girl which you can easily see stuffs of camping such as a tent and climbing shoe along with small camping stove...

black max

Fresh Meat
Black Max: The area in question is reportedly one of the most peaceful in Morocco, very low crime and the local population are known to be very friendly. Scandinavians have traveled there for decades. The purpetrators were not from the area, if I've understood correctly. The two girls were experienced with wildlife. That said, most of the Norwegians who've commented mentioned that they had not traveled without a guide in the mountains.

Also, the video disappeared already. Could you reupload it, perhaps even zip it with a password and neutral name (or something)? It keeps slipping away from me (I also have horribly bad bandwidth, one working link got nuked while downloading)
yeah mate I know that area very well Ive been several time there but its in middle of nowhere and away a bit from people and villages up there so for me its not safe. I know some people used to make kinda challenge etc... but for safety reason you cannot camp just two of you at least a bunch of people 4,5 etc... By the way sorry for the video that was not available I have it downloaded in my laptop but cannot attach it anyway in YNC they put the full video already. PS : sorry my English is too bad.

black max

Fresh Meat
The world have changed so rapidly these few years. It is not safe for tourists to travel safely in big parts of the world anymore.
I am so terribly sad and shocked about this, happening to another Danish and Scandinavian girl....but I would never dare to hitch hike in these parts of the world, being a girl
I Totally agree with you nowhere is safe nowadays I know death is something which we gonna all face one day but doesn't mean that I have to drive myself more to it stay sharp when you travel collect information as much as you can before you go somewhere especially for girls because psycho are everywhere and they can rap you once you give them chance as going to forest in the middle of nowhere etc.. they're like wolves waiting just for the right moment to get an easy prey.

Back