Scariest horror game ever played?

creepod

(͡• ͜ʖ ͡•)
for me it's white day, no contest -_- had to play it on easy mod, anything harder and i pee myself.

OP
creepod

creepod

(͡• ͜ʖ ͡•)
ahh i played both, the suffering was cool but kinda easy, had SO many weapons, but i loved the gore and storyline. amnesia pissed me off cuz my guy was so defenseless. wish i had PS2, i wanna play fatal frame so bad -_-

D

DECADENCE

I find computer games too much like a quick dose of boredom, or is that I have a low attention threshold, it's a shame really as some games look like they could be fun.

SAF

Imperator
Administrator
ahh i played both, the suffering was cool but kinda easy, had SO many weapons, but i loved the gore and storyline. amnesia pissed me off cuz my guy was so defenseless. wish i had PS2, i wanna play fatal frame so bad -_-
I picked up a used PS2 (old/fat version), modded it, and now just download and burn games to disc. I have Fatal Frame saved, just have to patch it and burn it. Supposedly you can read games from an external drive as well, but it's supposed to be slow enough to make the ordeal not worth it.

OP
creepod

creepod

(͡• ͜ʖ ͡•)
I picked up a used PS2 (old/fat version), modded it, and now just download and burn games to disc. I have Fatal Frame saved, just have to patch it and burn it. Supposedly you can read games from an external drive as well, but it's supposed to be slow enough to make the ordeal not worth it.
aww lucky. i have no idea how to work with a PS2, never had one. I kinda regret investing so much in a comp when all the cool games go for PS2, some are even worth buying.
read games from an external drive? does that mean i need to have two harddrives?

SAF

Imperator
Administrator
aww lucky. i have no idea how to work with a PS2, never had one. I kinda regret investing so much in a comp when all the cool games go for PS2, some are even worth buying.
read games from an external drive? does that mean i need to have two harddrives?
The external drive thing was specifically related to the PS2. People have taken an external PC hard drive, stored games on it, and run them from there, but the PS2's USB ports are terrible at what they do, so data transfer is shitty.

OP
creepod

creepod

(͡• ͜ʖ ͡•)
The external drive thing was specifically related to the PS2. People have taken an external PC hard drive, stored games on it, and run them from there, but the PS2's USB ports are terrible at what they do, so data transfer is shitty.
ahh ok i think i understand. so theres a way to transfer games from PC to PS2 without the external drive?

Hellwig

Banned
Short Bussed
The original Doom was pretty scary when I first played it, if only cos i'd just bought a p.c for the first time and had never played anything like it. Um, System Shock 2 a few yrs later, and maybe Criminal Origins and D00m3 a few yrs back.

Any1 know of any decent 1st person games where u play the part of a psycho serial killer? Manhunt doesn't really cut it (and is 3rd person; not quiet so immersive). I'm thinking more of a stealth/strategy/horror deal, wiv knives, rope, can openers :eek: :D etc etc, as opposed to yer run of the mill 3D shooter wiv guns (yawn).

Damn.. I need serious help, don't I?!:(

:lulz:

OP
creepod

creepod

(͡• ͜ʖ ͡•)
Yeah - burn them to DVD. It reads just as fast as if it were the original disc.
so discs for PC and PS2 are the same? good to know: P

The original Doom was pretty scary when I first played it, if only cos i'd just bought a p.c for the first time and had never played anything like it. Um, System Shock 2 a few yrs later, and maybe Criminal Origins and D00m3 a few yrs back.

Any1 know of any decent 1st person games where u play the part of a psycho serial killer? Manhunt doesn't really cut it (and is 3rd person; not quiet so immersive). I'm thinking more of a stealth/strategy/horror deal, wiv knives, rope, can openers :eek: :D etc etc, as opposed to yer run of the mill 3D shooter wiv guns (yawn).

Damn.. I need serious help, don't I?!:(

:lulz:
let me know if you find a game like that.:)

Hellwig

Banned
Short Bussed
:tu: I wrote my own half assed Halloween style game design doc for just such a game yrs ago. Too bad I can't code for shit, or I would do it myself. :(

SAF

Imperator
Administrator
so discs for PC and PS2 are the same? good to know: P
Yup, just a regular rewritable DVD will work. I don't think the +/- thing matters on the PS2. The Wii is picky about that if you ever find yourself burning games for that, but the PS2 reads either, I believe.

OP
creepod

creepod

(͡• ͜ʖ ͡•)
Yup, just a regular rewritable DVD will work. I don't think the +/- thing matters on the PS2. The Wii is picky about that if you ever find yourself burning games for that, but the PS2 reads either, I believe.
awesome. makes you wonder why the put the PC and PS2 games on a diff shelves in stores

awesome. makes you wonder why the put the PC and PS2 games on a diff shelves in stores
Remember, you have to physically mod the PS2 to play games burned onto DVD. A lot of people back in the day were afraid to do it, because if they fucked up it voided their warranty. Now, you can find a PS2 fairly cheap so if it works for you, it can be a great way of getting games free...well cheap anyway.

never played it, but nightmare house is called scary by a lot of people. think sop got scared off it :D
That game is scary as shit. Still haven't tried Slender again....I've been, uh..busy.;)

Ora

Forum Veteran
I would have to say the first Resident Evil game for Nintendo Gamecube. I was a kid when I played that. It was scary as fuck. But then again, when I was a kid Doom 3 had me jumping out of my skin. Since I got older, I haven't played a horror game that genuinely frightened me. One of my favorites, however, is anything from the Dead Space series. Particularly Dead Space 2.