Screenshots thread

McM

Krautnigger
'Mius Front' has a nice 'after battle statistics' feature, it shows where every heavy weapon, tank or atillery was hit during a battle, the inflicted kind of damage and possible loss of crew members.
This Pz.VI was hit 8 times by a Soviet KV-1 with its 76mm gun from ca. 700m. Among others a track was lost, the crew tried to repair for over an hour but couldn't finish it until the end of the battle.

312980_20190101234228_1.jpg

11 planes shot down, 12 ground units destroyed with only 2 planes ..

10152119577589143.jpg

I think I will not be able to land my FW 190:

10152122804074143.jpg

Low pass:

10152122811394143.jpg

Nothing that a bit of duct tape can not fix:

10152147182324143.jpg

Protecting my friend while rearming his plane ...

10152147173484143.jpg

McM

Krautnigger
Big trouble in Rusia again..dozens of hits on a 'Marder II' tank hunter, most were from Russian machineguns and 14.5mm tank-rifles. The three hits which did a real damage/killed a crew member were from a 45mm AT gun.
Nice feature to analyze the battle afterwards, find out weak points and appropriate ranges to open fire/stay in cover the next time.

hits.png

Rigor79

Sir_Mortis
'Cliffs of Dover', it's a shame they botched the developement of this game. Was unplayable at start, now it runs with a huge community patch only. Though just one German fighter plane available.

Bf-109 Emil

View attachment 239803 View attachment 239804
Look for IL2 series, much is playable as airplane and we can open a server for an online dogfight ... did that in the past .. it has the zwilling too
zwill.jpg

or to fly in formation ... it has the nazi experimental bomb too (made like an airplane but can't remember) and look for this sim; DCS ... need to look at it much later it is more sim than game and needs some studying ..
Planes
Here's a video but it aint arcade like IL2 .. this is like MS flightsim, if you can do it online you are about to be able to do it offline.. that for sports and old junkers for me.

Hoped to have helped you... :StayPuft:

Rigor79

Sir_Mortis
Didn't know "cliffs of dover" was a part of IL2 didn't follow it anymore since... still take a look at DCS and let me know to crank up a server someday for IL2. :rofl:

McM

Krautnigger
Look for IL2 series, much is playable as airplane and we can open a server for an online dogfight ... did that in the past .. it has the zwilling too
View attachment 354071
or to fly in formation ... it has the nazi experimental bomb too (made like an airplane but can't remember) and look for this sim; DCS ... need to look at it much later it is more sim than game and needs some studying ..
Planes
Here's a video but it aint arcade like IL2 .. this is like MS flightsim, if you can do it online you are about to be able to do it offline.. that for sports and old junkers for me.

Hoped to have helped you... :StayPuft:
I have all relevant flight sims, all parts of IL-2 since 2003. Online only in squadrons against the Tommies, no dog-fight crap.. DSC is bullshit for WW2 they have no maps, ground troops etc from this area and only 3 planes. It's the best for modern warfare though. IL-2 Stalingrad is the best in WW2 sim at the moment but it has still serious flaws in singleplayer career mode, a shitty business model and too few airplanes too. And you can't do real modding, the most is still encrypted. I can unpack/read their files but not repack them.

Last edited:

Rigor79

Sir_Mortis
I have all relevant flight sims, all parts of IL-2 since 2003. Online only in squadrons against the Tommies, no dog-fight crap.. DSC is bullshit for WW2 they have no maps, ground troops etc from this are and 3 planes. It's the best for modern warfare though. IL-2 Stalingrad is the best in WW2 sim at the moment but it has still serious flaws in singleplayer career mode, a shitty business model and too few airplanes too. And you can't do real modding, the most is still encrypted. I can unpack/read their files but not repack them.
I have all relevant flight sims, all parts of IL-2 since 2003. Online only in squadrons against the Tommies, no dog-fight crap.. DSC is bullshit for WW2 they have no maps, ground troops etc from this are and 3 planes. It's the best for modern warfare though. IL-2 Stalingrad is the best in WW2 sim at the moment but it has still serious flaws in singleplayer career mode, a shitty business model and too few airplanes too. And you can't do real modding, the most is still encrypted. I can unpack/read their files but not repack them.

yeah i know how it works .. in IL2 you can make yer own or import your own skins and paint scheme's even scale them from a real paint scheme on the net and then muffle away with photo or paintshop... did some for kingpin life of crime and moh:aa il2 too at the very start, you could upload own works on their site in the past ..

above is my favorite scheme .. gunther rall .. and his "black 13"

McM

Krautnigger
yeah i know how it works .. in IL2 you can make yer own or import your own skins and paint scheme's even scale them from a real paint scheme on the net and then muffle away with photo or paintshop... did some for kingpin life of crime and moh:aa il2 too at the very start, you could upload own works on their site in the past ..

above is my favorite scheme .. gunther rall .. and his "black 13"
You can do a bit more; like changing weapon sounds, damage decals, much smaller icons, creating a random battlefield around your position, visibility distance of smoke plumes, ships and so on. But changing the AI is almost impossible and a lot of work and testing.
I didn't change my skin (don't see it anyway) but painted a correct swastica on the tail, I couldn't resist.
It's sad in IL-2 BoX there's no Rotten system, no numbers, wingmen (Kaczmarek) etc. in the career mode. Every AI pilot fights how he wants mostly alone (no pairs), when he gets in trouble there's no radio call for support. And you can't call your squad members for help as well. A shame..
There's a reason I didn't touch this game for 4 years in singleplayer.

Last edited:

Rigor79

Sir_Mortis
You can do a bit more like changing weapon sounds, damage decals, much smaller icons, creating a random battlefield around your position, visibility distance of smoke plumes, ships and so on. But changing the AI is almost impossible and a lot of work and testing.
I didn't change my skin (don't see it anyway) but painted a correct swastica on the tail, I couldn't resist.
It's sad in IL-2 BoX there's no Rotten system, no numbers, wingmen (Kaczmarek) etc. in the career mode. Every AI pilot fights how he wants mostly alone (no pairs), when he gets in trouble there's no radio call for support. And you can't call your squad members for help as well. A shame..
There's a reason I didn't touch this game for 4 years in singleplayer.
may look at it later .. was rather ok ..

McM

Krautnigger
Damn.. some fuckers lent & leased the Soviets P-39 Airacobras now.
They get stronger every day (Jan. 42), shot me down twice (but no P-39) recently but could survive the crashes and continue the career-mode.

Aircobra.jpg